Thai Bank Account Uk Tax Man

Hi i am thinking of transferring My company retirement plan to a thai bank account ,As i have decided to work in th UK (Old company overseas) for a few years . Basically by the time the transfer can happen i will be in the UK tax system again . So i was thinking of transferring into a thai bank account and using when visiting and for eventual retirement there . Do you know if Thai bank contact the UK or have links to the UK tax man .

Cheers

When you say your 'company retirement plan' i figure you mean a company pension, but then you go on to say you would use it for visits whilst in Thailand which suggests it is cash. I'm a bit confused. If it is a company pension and judging by your user name you would not be able to access it for some years. Pensions already qualify for tax relief so my understanding is that UK HMRC could not touch it anyway. Pensions are locked until you stated retirement age. Further, if it is a proper pension, i would suggest it's probably better to have in the UK where there is strong financial regulation and security compared to Thailand i would have thought. Then when you have reached your stated retirement age, transfer it to your Thai account in the most economical way. As to wether Thai banks contact UK banks i don't know, but possibly if there's something suspect.