French Tourist Stabbed By Thai On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Another good reason why I've never been to Pattaya, and will never go!!

And No, Andre, not a reason to never go out again (anywhere), and I'm not suggesting that. The risk may be small at Pattaya, but a whole lot smaller if I'm not even there, and a whole lot bigger than most places in Thailand.

Anyone that is cruising beach road at 4:00am is asking for trouble. Ask as ye shall receive.

• Like 2

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this kind of crap does not stop there wont be any tourists left in Thailand ! ( i know where therre are humans there is crime ) But it is now getting too much

This has to be a one more nail in the coffin post

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

You've forgotten the 'how can he be French with a name like that' mob...

Whats a name to do with his nationalty.

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

Thais do not mean to cause trouble.

Its there uncivilised, unpoliced, uneducated culture!

T.I.T

Get use to it!

• Like 1

wow yet another great reason to never go to Pattaya again.

Yes but sxx tourists will go for a bang for some bugs to Pattaya. Pattaya is famous for that.

Never been to Pattaya for the last 18 years and cant really understand for people to visit Pattaya.

You've forgotten the 'how can he be French with a name like that' mob...

Whats a name to do with his nationalty.

A lot.

Has a french citizenship

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

ive walked along beach road many a time, and been on the beach itself many a time, why havn't i suffered such stuff?

1. wouldn't rent a jet ski

2. i dont approach or encourage ladyboy action, (i have walked up beach road between10pm to midnight and have never seen

lb's harassing anyone??

3. only carry as much as i need for an evening usually no more than 4000. and then in a buttoned pocket not in a bulging wallet

never carry an atm card unless i definitely know i am going to use it (i would only use it near my hotel at any time)

4 never walk down beach road in the early hours or any unknown soi in the dark in the early hours!

5. never get drunk unless with friends who would make sure i was back safe.

ok a bit boring i know but result is happy holiday!

And No, Andre, not a reason to never go out again (anywhere), and I'm not suggesting that. The risk may be small at Pattaya, but a whole lot smaller if I'm not even there, and a whole lot bigger than most places in Thailand.

Anyone that is cruising beach road at 4:00am is asking for trouble. Ask as ye shall receive.

That shouldn't be the way it is, but I tend to agree, cruising the street in almost any city at 4.00 AM is a recipe for something bad to happen. Fortunately for me, the idea of writing off my next day just for staying up all night always seemed a bit silly, and the bonus was that I didn't get myself into situations like this poor guy did. I'm not suggesting for a second he was at fault, and the idea that he upset street musicians by not offering cash strikes a chord with me. Many years I was attacked by a street entertainer in Morocco, nothing serious, just a bucket of water then the bucket!!

Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

great, so its ok to stab people if they say hello to strangers now, glad I dont life in your imaginary utopia

Thais do not mean to cause trouble.

Its there uncivilised, unpoliced, uneducated culture!

T.I.T

Get use to it!

Yeah, of course. And you come from a country without jails and where the rivers flow with fine wine. Where is that paradise exactly? .

Well he does have a very dodgy haircut so he clearly had it coming.

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

ive walked along beach road many a time, and been on the beach itself many a time, why havn't i suffered such stuff?

2. i dont approach or encourage ladyboy action, (i have walked up beach road between10pm to midnight and have never seen

lb's harassing anyone??

3. only carry as much as i need for an evening usually no more than 4000. and then in a buttoned pocket not in a bulging wallet

never carry an atm card unless i definitely know i am going to use it (i would only use it near my hotel at any time)

4 never walk down beach road in the early hours or any unknown soi in the dark in the early hours!

Boring for sure. You are missing all of the extra entertainment that Pattaya has to offer with your caution and awareness behavior by understanding what is happening around you.

What's wrong with you?

Edited by aguy30

talked to this guy a few times, not the violent type. having been threatened and even attacked for no reason by Thai street musicians or their friends I tend to take his side. if you so much as look but dont give them money they can get violent very easily

I will take the side of any unharmed man having been stabbed....

Good luck in finding a stabbing victim that is unharmed biggrin.png

Must be my lucky day.

Found one already.

This french guy...

lb's harassing anyone??

Boring for sure. You are missing all of the extra entertainment that Pattaya has to offer with your cautiousness and awareness behavior and also by understanding what is happening around you.

What's wrong with you?

Well he says he carries little cash, in a buttoned pocket, never wanders around drunk etc etc.

But in the same post seems to imply there is no problem for him on Beach Road and he has never seen any issues.

So why the need to be so cautious if he thinks there is no problem?

You may be right,

I have never been to Pattaya.

Some of my friends did go. Did not talk about an overly dangerous place.

And from what I can read, many farangs seem to like that place...

I live in the dangerous Phuket....hummmm.

But anyone who has been living in Thailand for a while do know that we are in a quite uncivilized country.

We just try to survive.

Well they did do a miraculous job of moving the stab wound from the Upper ribcage to the abdomen prolly saved his life dontcha know

wink.png

A very reasonable description of the wound. After all it was reported that way in Pattaya Daily News. They never let facts get in the way of reporting a story.

Pattaya One did get it right.

talked to this guy a few times, not the violent type. having been threatened and even attacked for no reason by Thai street musicians or their friends I tend to take his side. if you so much as look but dont give them money they can get violent very easily

Tell them you're Rusian. and fight like one. It always works.

Pattaya is competing with Phuket and has now an edge of 5 points ahead of Phuket to make it "the utmost criminal town in Thailand". Now it is Phukets turn to fight back.