French Tourist Stabbed By Thai On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Never been attacked or even feared for my safety in all that time. I did observe many men who appeared to not have much baht trying to chat, fondle and waste the time of ladies who are trying to make some baht.

So lets blame the men for WASTING the time of ladies on beach road. Oh, and you was never attacked "so what" it does happen.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was accosted by street musicians in Phuket Town, they surrounded me after I marveled at their drumming. I thought they were kind of cute and gave them 100 baht. In retorspect, maybe doing that prevented some violence?

Maybe he was set-up and targeted, and the musician was an excuse for the attack. As someone else wrote, something is missing in the story, along with lack of police surveillance footage which seems to be up and working when it comes to criminals they want to catch.

I was accosted by street musicians in Phuket Town, they surrounded me after I marveled at their drumming. I thought they were kind of cute and gave them 100 baht. In retorspect, maybe doing that prevented some violence?

Maybe he was set-up and targeted, and the musician was an excuse for the attack. As someone else wrote, something is missing in the story, along with lack of police surveillance footage which seems to be up and working when it comes to criminals they want to catch.

The only thing missing is the lack of understanding or denial by some that Thais dislike foreigners ( and thats a two way street ). And that Pattaya is full of lowlife Thais who do not need an excuse to screw them over any chance they get. Have no illusians about it: this is a hostlle environment. Having said that , it is ridiculouse to be on the beach at that time, where the majority of Thais down there are on some bad speed and whisky.

If you cruise the beach before 0700 you will see them. And puleeez lets not have any more - this happens everywhere. While true, the subject is Pattaya where the city and locals are 'about 60% - 80% supported by all catagories of foreigners.

Edited by morrobay

If this kind of crap does not stop there wont be any tourists left in Thailand ! ( i know where therre are humans there is crime ) But it is now getting too much

This has to be a one more nail in the coffin post

The trouble is that no matter how many nails, the tourists keep coming by the bus loads. If only they'd all stay away, then there might be some pressure to make substantive improvements to the city, not Mickey mouse crackdowns and other press releases from time to time.

If this kind of crap does not stop there wont be any tourists left in Thailand ! ( i know where therre are humans there is crime ) But it is now getting too much
This has to be a one more nail in the coffin post

The trouble is that no matter how many nails, the tourists keep coming by the bus loads. If only they'd all stay away, then there might be some pressure to make substantive improvements to the city, not Mickey mouse crackdowns and other press releases from time to time.

Right : There seems to be an endless supply of oblivious first time/one time visitors. As applied to the jet ski scam for one example. So the Thais can get away with all this for now. That leads to the question : Can Pattaya tourism be sustained on one time visitors ? Is there really an endless supply ? For now with the masses of all Asians , Russians and Arabs and Indians it looks like there could be. Edited by morrobay

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

You've forgotten the 'how can he be French with a name like that' mob...

Whats a name to do with his nationalty.

Yep ! too bloody right mate, that's a good old French name for sure !

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

ive walked along beach road many a time, and been on the beach itself many a time, why havn't i suffered such stuff?

1. wouldn't rent a jet ski

2. i dont approach or encourage ladyboy action, (i have walked up beach road between10pm to midnight and have never seen

lb's harassing anyone??

3. only carry as much as i need for an evening usually no more than 4000. and then in a buttoned pocket not in a bulging wallet

never carry an atm card unless i definitely know i am going to use it (i would only use it near my hotel at any time)

4 never walk down beach road in the early hours or any unknown soi in the dark in the early hours!

5. never get drunk unless with friends who would make sure i was back safe.

ok a bit boring i know but result is happy holiday!

OMG! Pattaya sounds a very dangerous place to be. Think i will stay on Samui.

"no one has suggested the victim had a problem with Thais regarding his guitar." Evidently you don't play guitar! whistling.gif Perhaps he was asked to play some Scorpions tune? (Why are they so popular???). If I am asked to play some song I think is crap, such as "My Way" I just say "I don't think I am good enough to do it justice". My bet is that the lady was off fooling around and her Thai bf caught her with the Frenchie. Local logic dictates that it is his fault she was fooling around, or maybe she will get her beating at home?

Funny how he had to make his way into the police station by himself after being stabbed. Guess the woman playing the guitar (or any other Thai) wasn't interested in helping this poor guy.

If this happened in any Westernized country and it was a Thai who was stabbed in a popular walking area I don't think we would have been so rude. Either the ambulance and/or Police would have been called strait away or someone would have not let him walk away alone.

Oh yeah they love us here for sure. You can tell.