French Tourist Stabbed By Thai On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Honestly, This is all I hear about in Pattaya. Why does anyone go unless you want a beach (during the day) or you are a Pervert of some sort. We need to not support Phuket and Pattaya anymore. Make it shut down and then hopefully things will change.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

Last time I was in Pattaya it was a great party place with no worries of violence that I ever saw. Personally, I think it is Western influence and how the younger Thais have grown up socially these days.

Went to a bar once there where the girls look so embarrassed at what they were doing and some Aussie was so denigrating and obnoxious as to embarrass me for being a Falang.

Or maybe it's just the times we live in. Either way the good ol days of Pattaya life are gone for good. Sure you can ave fun, but now you have to look behind your back at all times.

the french guy has been here a long time and isnt stupid, the reality is that there are plenty of unprovoked attacks in Pattaya mostly because some people on methamphetamines get extremely paranoid and see things that arent there and imagine things that arent happening, theres plenty of evidence from all round the world showing the connection between methamphetamine use and violent crime

Yaba, that would explain a lot on the downfall.

Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

While I agree with you and like your post, reality is at 4AM 0400 on Pattaya beach road it is not a far fetched stretch of the imagination to think that a girl there might be available for hire. It surely wouldn't justify attempting to murder the person.

Or maybe the guy was making small talk and enjoyed the music? Why assume he was being rude? I often make small talk and like playing the guitar and could have easily been me. As was said even if he was hitting on her that's no reason to kill someone.

• Like 1

I think describing the attacker as a trouble maker has to be the understatement of the century.

How about perpetual murderer or maniac.

The attacker should be changed with attempted murder, because a knife is a deadly weapon and those who use such weapons against anyone else, have intentions of killing their victims.

As for Pattaya, my advice is that if you live there, move, and if you don`t, stay well away from the place.

post-110219-0-06562900-1368648351_thumb.

I'm amazed at some posts... so it's ok to stab someone because he might have talked to a girl ? Someone gets stabbed and he's the only victim but he's at fault ? sick.gif

Even worse are the comments "nothing ever happened to me bla bla bla", so I guess the posters don't ever wear at seatbelt, a helmet or a condom cause they never had an accident or caught an STD ? coffee1.gif

Random events are RANDOM which means it can happen to anyone but luckily only happens to the one who picks the "wrong number"... whistling.gif

Congratulations to the Pattaya police force, stabbers walk free while some farangs get arrested, jailed and deported for less than a gram of weed bah.gif

Edited by yoslim

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

Is Bangkok better? I hear that you are forcibly searched frequently there. By police!

Sadly Pattaya does draw the dregs in.........

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

What excuse does anyone have to be walking down the beach side of Beach Road at 2 am? Don't answer that.

I'm amazed at some posts... so it's ok to stab someone because he might have talked to a girl ? Someone gets stabbed and he's the only victim but he's at fault ? sick.gif

Even worse are the comments "nothing ever happened to me bla bla bla", so I guess the posters don't ever wear at seatbelt, a helmet or a condom cause they never had an accident or caught an STD ? coffee1.gif

Random events are RANDOM which means it can happen to anyone but luckily only happens to the one who picks the "wrong number"... whistling.gif

Congratulations to the Pattaya police force, stabbers walk free while some farangs get arrested, jailed and deported for less than a gram of weed bah.gif

Dear boy, don't forget that in the eyes of some posters it is FORBIDDEN (verboten for out German pals) to ever blame a Thai/Thailand for anything and if you don't like it, then go home....

If you do then you're a moaner who simply doesn't understand Thai culture...

talked to this guy a few times, not the violent type. having been threatened and even attacked for no reason by Thai street musicians or their friends I tend to take his side. if you so much as look but dont give them money they can get violent very easily

I will take the side of any unharmed man having been stabbed....

I won't if he behaves in a threatening manner towards a female.

talked to this guy a few times, not the violent type. having been threatened and even attacked for no reason by Thai street musicians or their friends I tend to take his side. if you so much as look but dont give them money they can get violent very easily

I will take the side of any unharmed man having been stabbed....

I won't if he behaves in a threatening manner towards a female.

Well, just do not forget to bring your knife.

Just in case...never know...

what would be the cost of 10-15 min police patrols walking the beach rd ? ..... as much as the cost of loosing tourists ? . Safety has never been a concern in LOS , another 15-20 yrs maybe ?, a couple of VIP stabbings/muggins/murders might help !

This happened at nearly 4AM! How do you expect the on duty officers to get any sleep!!! tongue.png

I lived in Pattaya for over 2 years, didn't make a habit of walking down Beach Road on the dimly lit beach side though. Never been attacked or even feared for my safety in all that time. I did observe many men who appeared to not have much baht trying to chat, fondle and waste the time of ladies who are trying to make some baht. Doesn't mean they deserved to be stabbed though.

what would be the cost of 10-15 min police patrols walking the beach rd ? ..... as much as the cost of loosing tourists ? . Safety has never been a concern in LOS , another 15-20 yrs maybe ?, a couple of VIP stabbings/muggins/murders might help !

This happened at nearly 4AM! How do you expect the on duty officers to get any sleep!!! tongue.png

4am is the busiest time of the day for the BIB in Pattaya.

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

What excuse does anyone have to be walking down the beach side of Beach Road at 2 am? Don't answer that.

It is a free world.

Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

>Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

There it is!! It couldn't possibly be the knife-wielding dirt bags fault!! He was obviously provoked!! He was most likely just on his way back to bed so he could wake up early an go to work at the charity center when he saw this obvious menace about to besmirch the honor of the innocent Thai girl hanging around the beach in Pattaya at 4:00 am.

What a b*tt-plug...

For all of those that think I condone the stabbing, and I dont see where I mentioned the fact that I did condone it at all, people have to accept that your living in a foreign country, and if you all know Thailand as well as you think you do, it would be quite obvious to you, the risks that can be involved here at that time of night, especially if you piss someone off. Maybe at four am in the morning, with a belly full of beer, you'd best be on your way home, in as safe a manor as you can travel. But whats all the boohoo about Pattaya being so bad......Oh, such a dangerous place....Im never going there again crap......Give someone, or his girlfriend the shites at 4am in the UK, Australia, New York, pick a place, any place, and you are at the pointy end of possibly becoming a statistic. Ive lived in Pattaya on and off over the years, and I've never seen a bloke minding his own business get stabbbed. On the other hand, many a drunk, overly happy, overly friendly, or obnoxious person at 4am in Pattaya has been stabbed.......Do The Math...

Is Bangkok better? I hear that you are forcibly searched frequently there. By police!

Sadly Pattaya does draw the dregs in.........

Yes but when forcibly searched they don't stab you.

Aguy 30,

How can you say that it´s not is right what i tell, Was you there?

To day i have been 2 times on polis station one time 8 this morning for 2 hours and 15:00 i was there for about 1 hours, from 08:00 to 10:00 the police write a report and at 15:00 i got it back what i have lose.

In the morning when i was there one man that working in the police station i don't think he is a policeman because he not use uniform, he tells me that they have hear that this frenchman have been with a thailady that was married with a thai man, but they have not talk with the frenchman because he not was good so they still don't know.

Then i wondering where have you information from since you not was there?

I not like to be call a lier so i hope you can inform me asap

One thing more i have been longer member of this forum than you, i have not write before because i have nothing to inform before now, but other like to write only for to they name on site and what they write is write without opinion.

Sorry for my bad english writing but i think everybody that read what i have write will understand what i mean