Toddler Dies After Being Left In Thai School Bus

webfact

i started a topic in the general forum "how safe are your kids" this was last yr.these school pick ups pass our house 3 of them every day i would not let my dog travel in any of them,have just seen the pickup that was being used on channel 3,it wouldnt pass for a baht bus,if the poor boy fell asleep it must have been on the seat behind the driver because the back is all open,and if the driver didnt have the aircon on too cold for him its no wonder the kid fell asleep.then there was the photo shoot of pillocks handing out white envelope.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Yep, me too - and I get sick of hearing "oh how the Thais love children so much", then reading this (again) and every day seeing kids on motorcycles with zero protection...pure hypocrisy, like so many things in this place

Lets just blame a whole race of people.

UPDATE:

Teacher faces suit over child's death

PONGPAT TRAIPIPAT,

SUPINDA NA MAHACHAI

THE NATION

Si Sa Ket

30206243-01_big.jpg

SI SA KET: -- The parents of a three-year-old boy who died after having been left inside a pickup truck for hours, have filed a police complaint against the teacher they hold responsible for their son's death and have vowed to take legal action against her.

Meanwhile, the school's owner Boonma Nuansai said the school would take full responsibility for the child's death and has given the parents Bt30,000 for funeral expenses.

On Tuesday, Suriyakarn Thachan and other kindergarteners were picked up by their Uthumphon Witthaya School teacher Amphika Phetnam.

It is believed that Amphika forgot to check to see if Suriyakarn was still sleeping in the rear seat after other students got out.

The child was found dead in the afternoon.

The child's mother Thanyathorn Boonma, 27, and father Sarayut Thachan, 30, said they would file a lawsuit against the teacher because she was careless.

Amphika's lawyer confirmed that the teacher would undergo police interrogation today.

EARLIER CASE

Suriyakarn is the second young student to have died after being left inside a locked vehicle. The first case was when a three-year-old girl was left locked in a kindergarten school bus in Samut Prakarn and developed brain swelling. She later died in hospital.

In response to the problem, the Education Ministry has set up a fact-finding committee to look into Suriyakarn's case and is instructing every school to educate kindergarteners about what they should do if they are left in a locked vehicle.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-05-16

30,000 baht compesation, that's just rude and is not even the tuition fees paid for the term.

It just makes me sick, just think about it... an innocent little kid...

angry.png again a proof that a life is nothing worth in Thailand (really very hard to say this.... the people who are responsible for this should be given a real punishment ! beatdeadhorse.gif )

402.gif R.I.P. for those kids....

My mother used to joke with us when we were children by telling us to go ride our bikes on a freeway somewhere, " at least we think she was joking since the only freeway was several miles away.

However, here in Thailand the parents actually buy their toddelers bikes just so they knowly can ride on the shoulders of the busy street while their mother and father work without a care in the world, " Truly Disturbing " to say the least

• Like 1

angry.png again a proof that a life is nothing worth in Thailand (really very hard to say this.... the people who are responsible for this should be given a real punishment ! beatdeadhorse.gif )

My mother used to joke with us when we were children by telling us to go ride our bikes on a freeway somewhere, " at least we think she was joking since the only freeway was several miles away.

However, here in Thailand the parents actually buy their toddelers bikes just so they knowly can ride on the shoulders of the busy street while their mother and father work without a care in the world, " Truly Disturbing " to say the least

Were our mothers friends?? Always wondered why she asked, "Are you back? Guess I better set another plate"

Edited by chooka

Another one???

<deleted>???

How many teachers and drivers are NOT able to count kids IN the car and then OUT the car and then connect the dots between two simple numbers???

Another one???

<deleted>???

How many teachers and drivers are NOT able to count kids IN the car and then OUT the car and then connect the dots between two simple numbers???

Joining dots is taught at university. At my sons school two teachers normally a farang and a thai travel in the bus, each child is marked on and off the role and both teachers are responsible. We still personally take our son to school even tho they have this system we still don't the traffick.

Edited by chooka

Karma has been mentioned several times in this thread. I have to wonder whether it's being used in Thailand as the Buddhist equivalent of 'the opium of the people'.

Also, there have been several comments to the effect that one should not generalise about Thai society using individual events. However, I think that there is a general failure to learn from the mistakes of others and tragedies that befall them. For example, however many young children are killed falling from their parents arms in motorcycle accidents, it's still a common sight to see even babies being carried. Despite all the deaths and injuries caused by stupid motor cycle riding, few seem to want to ride better.

If the Thai way is to dismiss the loss of young lives as being just the way things are, then it's a great shame.

RIP, little chap.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no excuse in the world for this trajedy..What on earth was the driver thinking?...How hard is it to make sure and clearly see that the cab has no children left inside ...WAKE UP PEOPLE!

It's very simple Lingba: The driver can't be blamed........he was driving the pick up and the attendant in the back of the pick-up was responsible for the passengers.

So after his duty the driver left the car leaving the toddler in charge of the attendant........and of course the driver didn't inform the attendant about the toddler in the cabine........the attendant didn't ask for that information.

After almost 10 years in Thailand I'm not surprised, nor shocked......it will happen again and again and again.

There is absolutely no excuse in the world for this trajedy..What on earth was the driver thinking?...How hard is it to make sure and clearly see that the cab has no children left inside ...WAKE UP PEOPLE!

It's very simple Lingba: The driver can't be blamed........he was driving the pick up and the attendant in the back of the pick-up was responsible for the passengers.

So after his duty the driver left the car leaving the toddler in charge of the attendant........and of course the driver didn't inform the attendant about the toddler in the cabine........the attendant didn't ask for that information.

After almost 10 years in Thailand I'm not surprised, nor shocked......it will happen again and again and again.

I hear ya Joe....will these people ever ever figure things out??

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Yep, me too - and I get sick of hearing "oh how the Thais love children so much", then reading this (again) and every day seeing kids on motorcycles with zero protection...pure hypocrisy, like so many things in this place

As much as Thai's would love to believe they are a "race", this melting pot of a country definitely doesn't qualify.

• Like 1

Cue the official TV misguided, emotionally vulnerable apologist! Duh duh da DUH!

Edited by Unkomoncents

Terrible.

Were these people not aware of what happened to the little girl a month ago.

RIP little man.

Sadly enough, your answer shows how much you know about Thai people and their way of life.

Thai people don't like to be bothered with what happened yesterday.

Yesterday is the past.

You can not change it anymore.

Looking backwards will hinder you in progressing forward.

Thai people are not concerned about what happen to anybody.

If anybody get sick or die, it is only because carry have a bad Karma from their present or their previous life.

Sharing your feelings with the sick or the dead will bring bad Karma over you as well.

It is not your fault.

So stay away from it

Sadly you know too much about thailand.

"yesterday is in the past" in other words not holding yourself or anyone responsible and what is even worse not learning from your mistakes!

Good luck with that kind of society.

Animals.

Edited by blueshark
  • Like 1

they have just came up with the brilliant idea to teach the children to beep the horn if they are locked in,how do they do that if they are in the back of a mini bus.what they need to do is have posters inside and outside of teacher and driver showing them behind bars for a min.of 20yrs.

they have just came up with the brilliant idea to teach the children to beep the horn if they are locked in,how do they do that if they are in the back of a mini bus.what they need to do is have posters inside and outside of teacher and driver showing them behind bars for a min.of 20yrs.

In other words, dump the responsibility of adults onto the children.

• Like 1

Were our mothers friends?? Always wondered why she asked, "Are you back? Guess I better set another plate"

Friends?.....sounds more like they were sisters...my aunt used to ask the same question....LOL or say, "You came back?". with a shocked look in her face. It wasn't the question that bothered me...it was the disturbing look in her eyes.....like she meant it. : )

Edited by oops
  • Like 1

Although what you say may be true, one only has to look at the difference in the justice systems. People who are responsible for this type of thing in the US are held accountable.

Has that happened here? Will that happen here? When it does, you let me know, ok......thumbsup.gif

In the case last month, the people responsible have been charged. Who knows where it will get to, but at least they were charged.

AFAIK, the teacher who was in the bus committed suicide a few days later,

• Like 1

Terrible.

RIP little man.

Sadly enough, your answer shows how much you know about Thai people and their way of life.

Yesterday is the past.

If anybody get sick or die, it is only because carry have a bad Karma from their present or their previous life.

Sharing your feelings with the sick or the dead will bring bad Karma over you as well.

It is not your fault.

So stay away from it

you got it right.

seriously... how people think that they are poor because of Karma?

they are poor because they want to stay poor, that's all.

this Karma thing is worse than religion

Are they really poor?

I see every day many Thai people passing my house.

Drink water sellers, street food sellers, teachers, factory workers, etc.

Every one of them has 1 thing in common.

THEY ARE SMILING THE WHOLE DAY.

I also see many foreigners and a few "rich" Thais walking or driving in my street.

THEY ARE NOT SMILING

THEY LOOK SAD AND WORRIED.

Foreigners who earn in a month what the common Thai people earn in a year.

Yet, they are not happy.

Rich or poor is not only the money you have but it is also the joy of life in your heart.

Living "Sanook".

Try to life the "sanook" way and you will live a lot longer than chilling every day about what happened yesterday.

Just my two cents answer ...

Edited for grammar errors

Edited by Confuscious

Terrible.

RIP little man.

Yesterday is the past.

It is not your fault.

So stay away from it

you got it right.

seriously... how people think that they are poor because of Karma?

they are poor because they want to stay poor, that's all.

this Karma thing is worse than religion

Are they really poor?

I see every day many Thai people passing my house.

Drink water sellers, street food sellers, teachers, factory workers, etc.

THEY ARE SMILING THE WHOLE DAY.

I also see many foreigners and a few "rich" Thais walking or driving in my street.

THEY ARE NOT SMILING

THEY LOOK SAD AND WORRIED.

Foreigners who earn in a month what the common Thai people earn in a year.

Yet, they are not happy.

Rich or poor is not only the money you have but it is also the joy of life in your heart.

Living "Sanook".

Try to life the "sanook" way and you will live a lot longer than chilling every day about what happened yesterday.

Just my two cents answer ...

Edited for grammar errors

I could answer to this piece of cr2p...I just don't know where to start...jerk.gif

• Like 1