Thaksin's Niece Set To Marry Son Of Hun Sen's Right Hand Man

webfact

Will this marriage end conflicts?
Praphan Jindalertudomdee
The Nation

30206344-01_big.jpg
Chayapa Wongsawat, left, and Lynal Nam.

BANGKOK: -- With former PM Somchai Wongsawat's youngest daughter, who is also ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra's niece, set to marry the son of Cambodian PM Hun Sen's right-hand man, ties between the two countries might get stronger.

Chayapa Wongsawat and Lynal Nam, an official attached to the Office of the Cambodian Cabinet, will be tying the knot at Plaza Athenee in Bangkok tomorrow.

Lynal is the son of Uan Wanlee and tycoon Seang Nam, who is also a key member of the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP), a Siem Reap MP and Hun Sen's close aide.

The love story began when Chayapa's mum, Yaowapa, met and became close friends with Lynal's mother Uan.

"One day, when my wife was in Cambodia for business, she spoke to Chayapa on Skype. This was when Madam Uan saw our daughter and introduced her to her son. Since then the two began speaking to each other regularly," Somchai recounted.

The bond became even stronger when, on a visit to Thailand with his mother, Lynal decided to take a side trip to Chiang Mai to meet Chayapa in person.

After that, Lynal started visiting Thailand frequently, especially since many of his relatives have been seeking medical treatment in Thai hospitals. He also met Chayapa's family when they visited Cambodia for business.

After two years of friendship, Lynal's parents decided to ask Somchai if their son could marry Chayapa.

Somchai said that initially he rejected the marriage proposal because his daughter was preparing to sit for an exam to become a public prosecutor. However, he conceded when asked again because his would-be son-in-law was a decent man from a good family and his daughter was confident in their love.

Thaksin will not be attending the wedding or wishing the bride and groom well over Skype, Somchai said, adding that the ousted former PM had already blessed the couple in person earlier.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-17

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The complaints department told me some time back that this was on facebook so no surprise.

ties between the two countries might get stronger.

Will certainly strengthen ties between Thaksin and Hun Sen,

The family business, Thailand and Cambodia.

a decent man from a good family

Cant comment on the good man but from a decent family ????? Hun Sen's son and heir to Cambodia's dictatorship.

• Like 2

What pussy needs his parents to ask someone else's if they can marry?

Oh but of course he never intended it to come to this -- but being from a dictatorship they must comply.

I might not have wealth from corruption like these dictators do, but I'm glad I have my freedom.

• Like 2

Very big of the Shinawatra's to allow this union. Imagine it, the champion of Thai democracy, well on the way to beatification, giving his blessing to the marriage of his niece to the son of a brutal dictator that came to power in the 1997 Cambodian coup. I realize there are good coups and bad coups, but still, very big of Thailand's first family.

Oh but of course he never intended it to come to this -- but being from a dictatorship they must comply.

I might not have wealth from corruption like these dictators do, but I'm glad I have my freedom.

It is common in some cultures. Prince Philip is hardly a pussy and he had to obtain permission to marry Princess Elizabeth.

• Like 1

The complaints department told me some time back that this was on facebook so no surprise.

Will certainly strengthen ties between Thaksin and Hun Sen,

The family business, Thailand and Cambodia.

a decent man from a good family

Cant comment on the good man but from a decent family ????? Hun Sen's son and heir to Cambodia's dictatorship.

Hun Sen's right-hand-man's son. First time I read it I thought it was Hun Sen's son, also.
  • Like 1

Very big of the Shinawatra's to allow this union. Imagine it, the champion of Thai democracy, well on the way to beatification, giving his blessing to the marriage of his niece to the son of a brutal dictator that came to power in the 1997 Cambodian coup. I realize there are good coups and bad coups, but still, very big of Thailand's first family.

Did you read the story or just scan the headline, the son of right hand man

That will just create "the false image" that Thailand and Cambodia care for peaceful Prea Vinhear temple solution, .... but we all know that this battle will continue anyway...

"Thaksin will not be attending the wedding or wishing the bride and groom well over Skype, Somchai said, adding that the ousted former PM had already blessed the couple in person earlier." Good way of saying Thaksin can't go cause he will be arrested!cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Can't be pleasant for the couple when disagreements start to appear, who's side do you take which country do you reside?.

If it is a true love story, emigrate and get out of the political scene.

he must like big women, just look at her mother and picture her in another few years, bloody scary but then it could be a political marriage arranged by her friendly uncle, who knows.

Sounds like a weak copy of European 17th century royalty. Well, look at it from the bright side; such structures created the Mia Nois, the soapies and the rest of Thailand's night life so it can be expected that there is no change on that front either 8-)

• Like 1

Seems it isn't Hun Sen's son at all, but his right hand man's son.

Well done the Nation. What a stunning screw up trying to make the story fit. This really is a rag of a paper, barely good enough for tomorrow's fish and chips.

To be fair, the nation has not said what is in the title, check out their website. I think you will find the thread titles are put up by TV.

edited to add...........and wallah! The thread title has been changed ;)

Edited by GentlemanJim

Now don't be hard on theNation!

The OP has these items:
son of Cambodian PM Hun Sen's right-hand man
Lynal is the son of Uan Wanlee and tycoon Seang Nam, who is also a key member of the ruling Cambodian People's Party (CPP), a Siem Reap MP and Hun Sen's close aide.

This is like trying to preform surgery with a hatchet.

Kaiser Wilhelm's mother was the Princess Royal of the UK. That didn't stop the unpleasantness of 1914-18 taking place.

• Like 1

It is common in some cultures. Prince Philip is hardly a pussy and he had to obtain permission to marry Princess Elizabeth.

You seem to be implying that Thaksin is in fact some sort of emperor.

I agree.

This is about the son of HUN SEN'S right hand man, not Hun's son, so who gives a toss, you are only as good as tomorrows news ,as a son of a right hand man, one slipup on FaceBook and you are tomorrows news, the big question, will the wedding be in Cambodia or Dubai , the article is a load of Croc sh!!t in real terms.bah.gifbah.gif

Seems it isn't Hun Sen's son at all, but his right hand man's son.

Well done the Nation. What a stunning screw up trying to make the story fit. This really is a rag of a paper, barely good enough for tomorrow's fish and chips.

To be fair, the nation has not said what is in the title, check out their website. I think you will find the thread titles are put up by TV.

edited to add...........and wallah! The thread title has been changed wink.png

I got a flash up on Facebook stating "Correction". If a paper is going to print something like this, you would hope that they would at least know who is marrying whom...