Multiple Entry- Non O

Hi Everyone.

I am a newbie here but have been lurking around reading interesting topics on this site for a while now. I am Thai and married to a Canadian. We live in Canada but we are planning to stay in Thailand for 6 months.

I am going to apply for Multiple Entry Non-O visa for my husband. We will be staying in a hotel. I believe that would be an issue for visa extension as they need certificate of residency. I kinda think that visa run may be a good alternative for him.

How does the visa run work? Can we fly to a neighboring country and stay there for a few days before returning to Thailand? If we do so, would my husband get another 3 month extension?

Does he need to inform Immigration that he's leaving the country?

Thanks in advance for your help or suggestions.

Elle

With a multi entry non immigrant visa he can arrive and depart at any time during the one year validity and get a new 90 day stay stamp on each arrival. He only has to leave and turn around to return if you want but it would be a good vacation for both I believe to stay a night or two and enjoy the other country. There is no reporting requirement for this type of entry/departure.

• Like 1

lopburi3- Thanks so much for your quick response. We are planning to do visa run in KL and will stay there for a few nights.

One more question, does he need to return to Thailand before the initial visa expire or we can turn around whenever we want within the 1 year period?

Another question re the Multiple Entry O Visa.

I rang the local consulate (Australia) as was told that the moment the Multiple Entry O visa is issued the 12 month validity starts ... irrelevant of when the holder enters Thailand for the first time on that Visa.

It was a new girl at the Consulate (one I'd not spoken to before) but I didn't want to press her.

Is this true?

Does the 12 month period start when the Visa is issued by the Consulate/Embassy?

Or does it start when it's first used?

Thanks in advance.

Does the 12 month period start when the Visa is issued by the Consulate/Embassy?

Yes. Both the date of issue and the date before which it must be used are usually shown on the visa. The multiple-entry non-O visa allows you to enter Thailand for an unlimited number of times within this 12-month period. On every entry into Thailand you receive permission to stay for 90 days.

• Like 1

Always get the visa very close to your departure date to get the most out of it. The 1 year period starts on the date of issue and entry to Thailand must occur before the enter before date on the visa.