Ride Outs In Pattaya

gentlemen, can we stop the squabbling and can people post on here if they would like to go for a ride out (wasn't thinking too far), to see how we go ?

i'm assuming that there are going to be more scooters and smaller bikes than leather clad superbike gang.

i'm also interested in meeting up in Pattaya, for a "ride out" or whatever they are called.....and i'm sure it won't matter what bike (or scooter) you have.....

Hi Pist n broke, let me know if they are really into drinking pee. I have a sneaking suspicion they are telling me that so I wont cum with them.

BSJ - are you intent on making the OP's idea fall flat on it's face before it even starts ?

Heavens no! If he can garner some support for the idea good on him. I have often wondered why there isn't some sort of Honda riders club here in Pattaya. Or a PCX club. Or a CBR250r club. Or a Repsol team supporters club.

i'm also interested in meeting up in Pattaya, for a "ride out" or whatever they are called.....and i'm sure it won't matter what bike (or scooter) you have.....

Hi Pist n broke, let me know if they are really into drinking pee. I have a sneaking suspicion they are telling me that so I wont cum with them.

BSJ - are you intent on making the OP's idea fall flat on it's face before it even starts ?

Heavens no! If he can garner some support for the idea good on him. I have often wondered why there isn't some sort of Honda riders club here in Pattaya. Or a PCX club. Or a CBR250r club. Or a Repsol team supporters club.

maybe you're the man to start one, BSJ ???

Anyone in Pattaya up for a ride to Kho Chang next weekend? Ride down stay overnight, nice island to hang out on, 3+ hour ride one way? Let me know. Recommend something bigger than a scooter as cruising speed will be around 120 on the open road. I will be riding a CBR500, I know a PCX125 would make it but it it would be flat out (maybe 110 full throttle) most of the way so your fuel economy wouldn't be that good but it's possible.

Oh yea, this would be going from Pattaya to Kho Chang... Considering leaving Friday evening around 6:30pm because it's cooler to drive at night then return either Saturday night or Sunday early in the morning to avoid the heat during the day. Feel free to bring your girlfriend if you like as I will have my better half as passenger.

Edited by commande

Anyone in Pattaya up for a ride to Kho Chang next weekend? Ride down stay overnight, nice island to hang out on, 3+ hour ride one way? Let me know. Recommend something bigger than a scooter as cruising speed will be around 120 on the open road. I will be riding a CBR500, I know a PCX125 would make it but it it would be flat out (maybe 110 full throttle) most of the way so your fuel economy wouldn't be that good but it's possible.

Oh yea, this would be going from Pattaya to Kho Chang... Considering leaving Friday evening around 6:30pm because it's cooler to drive at night then return either Saturday night or Sunday early in the morning to avoid the heat during the day. Feel free to bring your girlfriend if you like as I will have my better half as passenger.

Would have liked to join you but unfortunately I'm out of the country next weekend.

Only reservation I would have is riding at night - I much prefer to ride in daylight to see better the potholes, sand, gravel and all other kinds of debris on the road.

Would have liked to join you but unfortunately I'm out of the country next weekend.

Only reservation I would have is riding at night - I much prefer to ride in daylight to see better the potholes, sand, gravel and all other kinds of debris on the road.

Understood, riding during the day isn't to bad just prefer to avoid heat stroke if possible as it's pretty hot now. It's definitely doable during the daylight hours. Anyone else that might be interested please let me know as I will be going anyway one way or the other. Lot nicer to ride with someone than without, if you have a slower scooter that will do at least 100kmph (most I know of will do that) I can slow it down to accommodate. Just a fun trip, no speed racing or showing off intended - my 500cc isn't a race bike nor do I drive like it is, just a nice trip to a nice island with plenty of things to see and appreciate.

Edited by commande

Understood, riding during the day isn't to bad just prefer to avoid heat stroke if possible as it's pretty hot now.

Yes it has been hot even up here in the North

37-40 C

Seems like peak heat is around 1-2pm

So we have been getting around it by startling the rides

early...7-8am

That way we are just finishing up around two which is not as bad when your

just returning in the heat & can jump a cold shower at home smile.png

I've done BKK to Aranyaprathet about 3 times on a CBR 150 flat out in 2hrs 30minutes with no stops apart from a 2 minute refuel. Pattaya to Koh Chang should be a piece of piss and a nice ride with 250 - 500's and shouldn't take more than 3 hours with a 30 minute refuel an R&R .

Afternoon sun isn't that noticeable if your covered up (gloves and a UV visor is a must) on the open road, it only gets uncomfortable in the cities.

What time is the last ferry to the island?

It doesn't run late at night which is why I have already shifted the time to leaving early Saturday morning at around 6-6:30am... One person is in so far taking a PCX, all are welcome.

I'll be riding a bike from Chaiyaphoom to Koh Chang around June 8 +/- a day. Can go through Patt if there are more rides that way. I'll be staying on the island though for about a week.

I'm riding a Yamaha DS400.