Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

TTM try to picture this.

500 mill upgrade to Ambassador hotel well on its way

Sofitel near completion

The Regent hotel and residence (possibly a year or 2 at the current progress) across the road

Near Nana and Asoke

You really think it will still be a bad location and a poor choice at the ridiculously low prices the condos were originally sold for? try buying here in 2 years time. What are your thoughts?

Bring your parents to stay there for a week.

Invite them to enjoy the spectacle of nearby places being built (or gutted) or renovated.

In 2 years?

Probably in 2 years, the condos would be unsellable as they are now.

Location, location, location.

Bad location, bad location, bad location.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger, I didn't take the time to read your previous postings and was expecting some insight, sounds like your 10 year old replied.

Who, me? If my post is not what you expected from a free anonymous board, just check this 3 line story:

A 10 year old opened one of dad's magazines and stumbled over nud_e pics.

Amazed, he exclaimed: "I want to be at the source where more of this come from".

And buys at Trendy, when he can.

• 8 months later...

I have just taken a lease on a 72sq m condo on the 17th floor at Trendy. Sign the lease next week.

I was going to ask if anyone knew about it but decided to do a search first. Interesting.

Some say the worst location others the best. I actually took it for the location and the size and quality of the fit.

Having seen several places the size and price is excellent and the pool is superb (haven't seen a better one in any condo I looked at).

If all i have to face is some girls calling me handsome and inviting me into their establishment for a dry white wine then life is not to tough. When I saw the place it was daytime so I have no idea what the evening brings to the soi.

I thought I know Lower Sukhumvit well but I did not even know it existed. Its just a shame I will only get one or two nights a week there.

Hope to meet some of you residents when i move in next week.

I have just taken a lease on a 72sq m condo on the 17th floor at Trendy. Sign the lease next week.

The place should be fine, however I am looking to see what happens with the airport express ];-). Just one question why do you use the term lease, and if so how long for.

A question for residents of Trendy. How do I get a cleaner. Since I will only be there 1-2 nights a week I need someone to clean and wash my clothes etc whilst I am away.

It is probably safest to ask your Juristic or reception for advise. They should point you in the correct direction. I actually find it odd to do this kind of thing as I am very self relient, but this is how it works in Thailand and condominiums (which I am not used to at all so still finding my feet)

you bought the condo to spend only 1-2 nights a week there? ....playa :)

The guy has rented for one year, and paid rent up front. He has been open and upfront - Critical stuff and deeply appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what?

Err... he paid one years rent up front

So you have rented one of the duplex apartments on level 17? Are you on the Asoke side or Nana side?

I have a condo on level 16 looking over the pool. You're not the guy redecorating and making a hel_l of a racket are you? :)

TTM try to picture this.

Sofitel near completion

The Regent hotel and residence (possibly a year or 2 at the current progress) across the road

Near Nana and Asoke

You really think it will still be a bad location and a poor choice at the ridiculously low prices the condos were originally sold for? try buying here in 2 years time. What are your thoughts?

I don't think it's a bad location. Just a bad condo.

Isn't the Sofitel built where the beer bars used to be? 5 or 6 years ago I always used to stay in the Ruamchitt Plaza....Ahhh..those were the days :)

By the way...Anybody have any "interior" pics?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

what?

Err... he paid one years rent up front

So you have rented one of the duplex apartments on level 17? Are you on the Asoke side or Nana side?

I have a condo on level 16 looking over the pool. You're not the guy redecorating and making a hel_l of a racket are you? :)

I am happy to say it is not me. The place I have got is in immaculate condition. And I am fussy. So you will have to look further for the culprit. I do like my music though, so I am hoping the soundproofing is good!!!!

I think I am on the Nana side. The balcony looks out onto the Soi. I have a great view of the city either side of a new building going up across the road.

And to Mr Gotti. Becuase I have a business outside Bkk I tend to spend most of my week there and can only get to Bkk to "relax" 1-2 days a week. And I am sick of packing and unpacking to stay in hotels. It is actually not much more expensive to have a decent condo as hotel prices continue to rise.

"I don't think it's a bad location. Just a bad condo...Anybody have any 'interior' pics?"

If you think it's such a bad condo, why would you want interior photographs?

Because I'm nosey :)

The reason I think it's a bad condo is purely because I believe it was originally designed as an office block and was left empty for years before it was "converted".

Hence, and I'm guessing here - there might be issues with the design, eg ceiling height, rooms size etc.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

"I don't think it's a bad location. Just a bad condo...Anybody have any 'interior' pics?"

If you think it's such a bad condo, why would you want interior photographs?

Because I'm nosey :)

The reason I think it's a bad condo is purely because I believe it was originally designed as an office block and was left empty for years before it was "converted".

Hence, and I'm guessing here - there might be issues with the design, eg ceiling height, rooms size etc.

RAZZ

RAZZ has paid attention - And I particularly like the expression "Because I'm nosey :D ", but IMO you always need to go there and find out for yourself ];-) We all are individuals, except the ones who say, "I'm not". ];-)

RAZZ has paid attention - And I particularly like the expression "Because I'm nosey :D ", but IMO you always need to go there and find out for yourself ];-) We all are individuals, except the ones who say, "I'm not". ];-)

Well thanks PKRV :D

I remember looking at the empty shell from the roof-top pool of the Ruamchitt 6 years ago.... I also remember a day when the "plastic cloth" used to cover the Sofitel caught alight as well :)

RAZZ

P.S. When is the Sofitel opening? It must have taken five years or more to build?

Edited by RAZZELL

TTM try to picture this.

Sofitel near completion

Near Nana and Asoke

Isn't the Sofitel built where the beer bars used to be? 5 or 6 years ago I always used to stay in the Ruamchitt Plaza....Ahhh..those were the days :)

RAZZ

Of course the original price was low in 2004 if you look at it from today's market. That price was comparable with all the other projects in 2004.

The location is convenient, but the soi does not look attractive. Especially at night, the food vendors spread plastic chairs and tables around at the entrance of the soi. Sometimes taxi refuse or can not enter the soi. The cusotmers sitting at these plastic chairs are the drunks and cheap whores. The Miami hotel is an eye sore, you really have to see it to believe it. The outdoor piss corner by this hotel is digusting, you can smell it from far away.

Trendy's interior looks ok now because it is new. The units have noticable low ceiling height, with no balconies.

If you have a unit on the swimming pool side (facing soi 13), you have a view of a nearly abandoned construction site called Regent. The swimming pool is big, with a view of the same construction site mentioned.

Edited by Scott123

Wow the description Scott 123 gives is a long way from what I saw of the units when I viewed.

What was noticeable and pointed out to me by the agent was the high ceilings! Certainly a bit higher than most condo's I had seen.

The balcony exists and is a decent size. Not going to have a bbq on there but certainly big enough for a gf to throw me off!

Maybe other units suffer from no balcony and low ceilings and I just got lucky.

A friend told me that previously these were serviced apartments which ran at 10% occupancy for 6 years before the owners gave up. But I cannot verify that.

TTM try to picture this.

Sofitel near completion

Near Nana and Asoke

RAZZ

Of course the original price was low in 2004 if you look at it from today's market. That price was comparable with all the other projects in 2004.

The location is convenient, but the soi does not look attractive. Especially at night, the food vendors spread plastic chairs and tables around at the entrance of the soi. Sometimes taxi refuse or can not enter the soi. The cusotmers sitting at these plastic chairs are the drunks and cheap whores. The Miami hotel is an eye sore, you really have to see it to believe it. The outdoor piss corner by this hotel is digusting, you can smell it from far away.

Trendy's interior looks ok now because it is new. The units have noticable low ceiling height, with no balconies.

If you have a unit on the swimming pool side (facing soi 13), you have a view of a nearly abandoned construction site called Regent. The swimming pool is big, with a view of the same construction site mentioned.

If the units have no balconies, where are the air-con compressors hung?

If you are 1.78-1.80m tall, reach up to touch the ceiling. Your finger tips will reach 2.25-2.3m while standing on tip toes. Use this method as a quick gauge for ceiling height.

A friend told me that previously these were serviced apartments which ran at 10% occupancy for 6 years before the owners gave up. But I cannot verify that.

Mmmm...not sure about that?

Anyone else no the complete history of this building? All I know was 6 years ago it was a deserted/unfinished shell.

RAZZ

Anyone else no the complete history of this building? All I know was 6 years ago it was a deserted/unfinished shell.

RAZZ

Should have read "know the history" - I was half aslepp when I worte it :)

RAZZ

Wow the description Scott 123 gives is a long way from what I saw of the units when I viewed.

What was noticeable and pointed out to me by the agent was the high ceilings! Certainly a bit higher than most condo's I had seen.

The balcony exists and is a decent size. Not going to have a bbq on there but certainly big enough for a gf to throw me off!

Maybe other units suffer from no balcony and low ceilings and I just got lucky.

You probably saw the top 2 floors (16th and 17th ??) one and two bedroom type. Yes, those room type have balconies, and top floor penthouse have high ceiling, especially those duplex rooms.

Again, you have to compare Trendy with other NEW condos. It looks ok only because it is new now. 3 years from now, you may be seeing it as just another Sukhumvit Suite condo (or worse). Of course, no problem if you are just renting. But I can not see myself owning a unit at Sukhumvit Suite Condo.

Edited by Scott123

RAZZ

Should have read "know the history" - I was half aslepp when I worte it :)

RAZZ

The entitre 14 pages of this thread since it started in 2006, MIGHT be a good place to start, is that any good? (I can add in an evil laugh! random number generator number if required ];-) However I unfortunatly sense you have a sense of humour ];-)

"A friend told me that previously these were serviced apartments which ran at 10% occupancy for 6 years before the owners gave up. But I cannot verify that."

What sort of "verification" do you want? I'm not sure why it would be important to know this. Regardless, the Trendy used to be serviced apartments owned by the Ambassador hotel. They weren't very successful, and the Ambassador used them as regular hotel rooms. The property was sold to a real estate developer almost 5 years ago. The building was renovated, redeeded as a condominium, and that brings you up to date.