A Perplexing Question Needs Answering.

breadbin

Why do Thai people feel the need to swim fully clothed?

You see them in jeans, t shirts, shirts etc.

Then you see some in swim suits etc.

Don't tell me it 'shy' thing as its not,

Also, how do they get the skin tight jeans off when they're wet?

I need to know.

My wife and her friends have no good or plausible reason for these acts!!

Thank you.

1. It's a shy thing - even the most jaded P2P player wears a towel coming out of the bathroom.

2. Keeps the skin out of the sun

3. That's just the way it's done here - wearing a bikini is for those shameful western "free sex" girls who give it away

Could be just that they don't own a swimsuit.

Or maybe it's quicker than getting changed into a swimsuit......after all they are probably dry after 15 minutes anyway.

Or it's as Palman says.... they don't want the sun browning those precious white bits.

Mmmm.. Thanks for replied thus far. Sun tan I agree with but no one has fully sold me thus far.

Also, no one has attempted to explain the removal of skin tight jeans!!

It must be a task known only unto the wearer?

Thanks.

Lots of p2p dont wear towels, wear bikini at the pool

-

Well it's true I've only ever been attracted to the newer girls, but I'd say for the two behaviors above my experience is well under 1%, and that's from such a large sample over a decade I won't admit it here.

Mmmm.. Thanks for replied thus far. Sun tan I agree with but no one has fully sold me thus far.

Thanks.

-

My answer is fact regarding normal poor/upcountry girls, not trying to convince anyone of anything. Many may become brave/shameless enough as they age, gain experience with westerners, but the only Thai virgins that would ever wear a bikini in front of mum and dad are those raised overseas, or one parent is a foreigner.

Re the jeans, they peel them off so they end up inside out.

Actually I imagine you're supposed to "help" them with that part. . .

Or maybe it's quicker than getting changed into a swimsuit......after all they are probably dry after 15 minutes anyway.

-

Ran these answers past the Thais with me and they all laughed, 100% consensus it's because Thais are shy about showing skin, protection from tanning a side benefit.

One mentioned the European habit of kissing people on the cheek when greeting each other, "even when they aren't lovers, and in front of other people"!! and that regular Thais (unfamiliar with Western ways) would all point and gossip to each other about that.

Edited by PalMan

Lol, peel them off?

In the 70's I swam in jeans and they were stuck to me, had to cut them off, or my dad did!

That's why I ask,

Thanks for your replies,

It's nearly 8.20pm here in UK and now I'll be able to sleep like a baby having this perplexing scenario explained.

Thanks.

It's a 2-person operation. The wearer lays down and someone else peels them off. Perhaps you could apply for the job of peeler?

Or it's as Palman says.... they don't want the sun browning those precious white bits.

That's probably right. Same reason they like skin whitening cream?

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As I understood it Thai People associate white skin with wealth and prosperity and darker skin with poverty and lowly educated. Therefore having attained the level of skin colour, no doubt through decades of skin lightening products, exposing their entire bodies until they are in a stable cash cow relationship seems ultimately self defeating. While others cant seem to break the habit of doing it from their earlier days.

My housemaid will drink a bottle of water/cola/orange what have you. But she will not let the bottle touch her lips, she sort of pours it into her mouth from a distance, with some skill I might add. Her explanation is an animal might have unrinated on the bit you put your mouth on.

Her logic in this is impeccable and make complete sense. Thai People are just like that.

I believe its a cultural backlash.

I have friends (now retired) who during their working life where University Lecturers, so one would imagine well settled in the Thai middle class.

Their family photo album includes photos of them and friends at the beach sporting 1970s bikini swimsuits - when I was first shown these photos they were a source of embarrassment to their grown children, who offered apologies that their parents had 'got caught up in the spirit of the age' - well I hope they did.

However I also note that around up market resorts/beach front developments, Thailand's wealthy are returning to bikinis..

As I understood it Thai People associate white skin with wealth and prosperity and darker skin with poverty and lowly educated. Therefore having attained the level of skin colour, no doubt through decades of skin lightening products, exposing their entire bodies until they are in a stable cash cow relationship seems ultimately self defeating. While others cant seem to break the habit of doing it from their earlier days.

My housemaid will drink a bottle of water/cola/orange what have you. But she will not let the bottle touch her lips, she sort of pours it into her mouth from a distance, with some skill I might add. Her explanation is an animal might have unrinated on the bit you put your mouth on.

Her logic in this is impeccable and make complete sense. Thai People are just like that.

Why don't you give her a glass?, even a plastic bag she would be happy with.

I am not denying her a glass, sometimes she just opens her bag and starts drinking from a bottle, in the manner described. Theres really no time to go and get a glass, its gone LOL.

• Like 1

Why do women do what they do?

If you have any insight into the above, then you may be able to answer the Thai swimming clothes question....................wink.png

Remember, because they walk and talk the same as us doesn't necessarily mean they are the same species...................tongue.png

Well, there is nothing to be perplex about,doc, is just a question of shyness, most of thai women are very shy, they don't like to expose their butts and armpits(specialy if they dont have a fair skin), besides that, most of thai men don't like their woman showing theirs bodies around and the same happends in many asian countries.

Edited by Om85

I am not denying her a glass, sometimes she just opens her bag and starts drinking from a bottle, in the manner described. Theres really no time to go and get a glass, its gone LOL.
your meant to say that's the butlers job..:D

Which brings us to another interesting bit, when your fresh-from-the-farm cutie sees you're about to bring her into a place full of wealthy international people, and she starts to cry and shake and moan that she can't go in there, it's not appropriate for such a low girl from peasant stock to set foot in the valhalla's of the hi so. . .

Have to train 'em up slowly, build their confidence.

Or just stick to the places they feel confident.