2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

But this is Spurs Catch 22, they can't pay a high price + wages and keep Bale. And somehow I can't see Man U wanting Adebayor or Defoe in part exchange.

With Spurs, not even sure that getting rid of Bale means they can pay a high price and wages.

Could probaly afford his fee bit not his wages, not that we would want a player on a downwood spiral anyway, besides i doubt if he would want a move to London as all the brasses are much too young whistling.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But this is Spurs Catch 22, they can't pay a high price + wages and keep Bale. And somehow I can't see Man U wanting Adebayor or Defoe in part exchange.

With Spurs, not even sure that getting rid of Bale means they can pay a high price and wages.

Could probaly afford his fee bit not his wages, not that we would want a player on a downwood spiral anyway, besides i doubt if he would want a move to London as all the brasses are much too young whistling.gif

He would have his eyes glued to all those postcards in the shop windows along Tottenham High Road.....I'm sure he could find someone who suits his taste. wink.png

More chatter from Arsenal bigwigs about Rooney today. Rooney at Arsenal ? With Wenger ? Strikes me as an unusual marriage.blink.png

No way will Wenger pay £250k a week.

Why all the gab from Arsenal management about Rooney Smokes ? Up to something else ? Smokescreens ? Red Herrings ?huh.png

Probably right. To be fair, whilst i rate Rooney and i really like his win attitude he's worth nothing like the wages he's on.

As for Spurs, its all so convoluted. I can't see even the possibility of a big signing until Bale goes next season.

Whats probably going on is Levy trying to offload about five players to subsidize the spend on a slightly above average striker to go some way to appeasing the fans. And i don't even want to speculate as to who that journeyman might be.

I'm expecting a thinner squad come august and a new striker that will do little more than challenge the incumbent pair of joeys. the chairman's letter to the fans shown prior to our last home game made it abundantly clear Levy doesn't feel remotely responsible for the jan transfer window/missing top four. He also stresses the training ground facilities and our vision for bringing through youth without big purchases which is great bit totally unrealistic to challenge the visionless sugar daddy clubs that bark on about youth development then go and spend another 70m as soon as they have a mediocre run, the hypocrites

So you see, i'm unlikely to be disappointed come the start of next seasonbiggrin.png

More chatter from Arsenal bigwigs about Rooney today. Rooney at Arsenal ? With Wenger ? Strikes me as an unusual marriage.blink.png

Why all the gab from Arsenal management about Rooney Smokes ? Up to something else ? Smokescreens ? Red Herrings ?huh.png

The press are playing it up. They ask a question of Wenger like "Would you like to sign Wayne Rooney?", and then when he doesn't come out flat and say "definitely not", they are straight in there with the headline "Wenger desperate to sign Rooney" or some such sh*t.

I don't see it myself. He's a smoker and a drinker, and Wenger is not a fan of either of those. As soon as he saw Gallas with a fag in his hand he was finished at Arsenal.

• Like 1

The press are playing it up. They ask a question of Wenger like "Would you like to sign Wayne Rooney?", and then when he doesn't come out flat and say "definitely not", they are straight in there with the headline "Wenger desperate to sign Rooney" or some such sh*t.

I don't see it myself. He's a smoker and a drinker, and Wenger is not a fan of either of those. As soon as he saw Gallas with a fag in his hand he was finished at Arsenal.

My guess is that its Arsenal's way of announcing that they're ready to splash some cash. It wasn't just Wenger with an innocent (?) response, as Gazidis is blowing hot about Arsenal's financial wherewithal also. But I believe you nailed it, Wenger was just answering a question and the press ran with it.

Chelsea to make a move for Cavani in the latest rumor. Seems to be a difficult purchase if Mourinho has been given a limited budget by Roman. Maybe some wriggle room.

Torres going to meet Rafa??

I see Man United's famous youth policy have decided to boot the following youth's out on their ears:-

Reece Brown, John Cofie, Michele Fornasier, Luke Giverin, Luke Hendrie, Luke McCullough, Gyliano Van Velzen, Frederic Veseli

Interestingly, we let Frederic Veseli go to United in 2012. Looks like we made the right decision.

I see Man United's famous youth policy have decided to boot the following youth's out on their ears:-

Reece Brown, John Cofie, Michele Fornasier, Luke Giverin, Luke Hendrie, Luke McCullough, Gyliano Van Velzen, Frederic Veseli

Interestingly, we let Frederic Veseli go to United in 2012. Looks like we made the right decision.

Out of interest bo have you got ONE ACADEMY player in the first say 16?

• Like 1

Arsenal have reportedly bid £22.5m for Fellaini, but this is just a Goal.com report.

Excellent player, but not in a position that is a priority-fill for the Gunners I would have thought.

Its like any other sport mate if you are not good enough you are out, there are millions of kids who want to be a professional footballer these was given a chance but did not make it, they will be replaced with others who will be given the same chance, they will be picked up by lower league clubs and not the end of there dream.

Are you saying we should keep them and try and make them into footballers? you know as well as i that if you do not have the natural talent in this game you will be found out.

Its like any other sport mate if you are not good enough you are out, there are millions of kids who want to be a professional footballer these was given a chance but did not make it, they will be replaced with others who will be given the same chance, they will be picked up by lower league clubs and not the end of there dream.

Are you saying we should keep them and try and make them into footballers? you know as well as i that if you do not have the natural talent in this game you will be found out.

I know all that nev. But when I saw it I wanted to share it on here tongue.png

• Like 2

Out of interest bo have you got ONE ACADEMY player in the first say 16?

Micah Richards.

Although the first 16 is a strange number to pick.

Assou-Ekotto on Fenerbache's radar as Turkish giants plot £6m bid for Spurs star

Meanwhile, Tottenham are showing interest in diminutive Brazilian midfielder Bernard.

The Atletico Miniero playmaker is only 5ft 5ins tall but his ability and goalscoring has attracted £10m bids from Spartak Moscow and Borussia Dortmund

Crikey he's even smaller than Holtby.laugh.png

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337712/Tottenhams-Benoit-Assou-Ekotto-wanted-Fenerbache.html

"Chelsea offer £49.3m for Edinson Cavani after Napoli reject 'Torres plus £25.5m' bid"

So Chelsea value Torres at 24 million. cheesy.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-edinson-cavani-subject-1938852

...will City step in as I understand Benitez fancies Dzeko?....and he thinks hes a good player too.wink.png

Edited by uptheos

"Chelsea offer £49.3m for Edinson Cavani after Napoli reject 'Torres plus £25.5m' bid"

So Chelsea value Torres at 24 million. cheesy.gif

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-edinson-cavani-subject-1938852

...will City step in as I understand Benitez fancies Dzeko?....and he thinks hes a good player too.wink.png

I guess Rafa doesn't rate Torres that highly after all. 49.3 mil ! There goes Mourinho's budget. But with Cavani on board maybe Chelsea feel they wouldn't have to do much more. Could be right.

Arsenal release as free agents:

Arshavin

Squillaci

Denilsson

Others still kicking around on the books/on loan, who the club must still fancy getting some money for include:

Bendtner

Djouro

Santos

Ju-Young Park

Chamakh

[No real bargains there then!!]

Arsenal have reportedly bid £22.5m for Fellaini, but this is just a Goal.com report.

Excellent player, but not in a position that is a priority-fill for the Gunners I would have thought.

I'd be happy to see him. We have lots of ball playing midfielders, but apart from Wilshere they don't have much bite.

Our defence was surprisingly third best in the league last season, and we need someone with a bit of drive to get in the box rather than dancing around outside it.

biggrin.png

shaarawy_300_1.jpgAC Milan are considering a reported 40m euro bid from Manchester City for highly-rated striker Stephan El Shaarawy, according to Gazzetta dello Sport Saturday.

Edited by uptheos

Someone should tell these kids the story of Pennant and Bentley, both of whom have been dumped on the scrapheap by Stoke and Spurs respectively.

One thing about Wenger is he does believe if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Someone should tell these kids the story of Pennant and Bentley, both of whom have been dumped on the scrapheap by Stoke and Spurs respectively.

One thing about Wenger is he does believe if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Yes, he certainly believes in letting the youngsters have a go.....full credit to him.