2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dzeko has gone from 20/1 to 8/11 to join Chelsea.

Mourinho would want Dzeko ? Beggars belief ! Dzeko is a poor man's Benzema. By all means, buy him !!clap2.gif

I would find that almost impossible to believe if it weren't for the odds.

Maybe Mourinho is concentrating on his bench first?

Torres or Ba to?

Edited by uptheos

Mourinho would want Dzeko ? Beggars belief ! Dzeko is a poor man's Benzema. By all means, buy him !!clap2.gif

Sssh Jelly. We need to big Dzecko up. You never know, Mourinho may read this thread laugh.png

• Like 2

Then again some of the press are saying Jose wants to sell Mata, Hazard and Luiz. Silly season is truly upon us.

Wasn't Dzeko your top scorer? Would it be right in saying he is a bit like Hernadez - does virtually nothing all game then scores?

Wasn't Dzeko your top scorer? Would it be right in saying he is a bit like Hernadez - does virtually nothing all game then scores?

He's more of a super sub. Whenever he got given a full game, he managed very little but for some reason had a good impact as sub.

Then again some of the press are saying Jose wants to sell Mata, Hazard and Luiz. Silly season is truly upon us.

I don't think he would want to sell those players, quote;

But I really don't understand the interest in Dzeko if he likes Lukaku too. Two centre forwards are available for any club who needs them I guess.

“I’ve come with a four-year contract so if I read the situation with the immediate age of Hazard, Oscar, Luiz and these boys, I think it will be good for me to work with them and good for them to work with me.

“Together we can improve and make a better team than we have now. It’s very important for this football club and very important for the balance of the squad, but it’s a young squad with a lot of talent and I think they need stability to reach a high point of their evolution and for their careers.”

Edited by uptheos

He's more of a super sub. Whenever he got given a full game, he managed very little but for some reason had a good impact as sub.

There were times I thought Dzeko was going to fulfill his promise at City. Good height, decent shot, not bad dribbling skills for a big man and can plant a header from time to time. But, he was horribly inconsistent, and this past season became increasingly more selfish, always looking for his shot and not playing the team game. I think he was already gone from City in his mind, and just looking to buff up his image and stats come the transfer season.

Not to say he won't find his game and potential elsewhere, but I'd be more than happy to see the last of him.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Maybe Mourinho is looking to bring in his boy Sneijder. Bosom buddies they are, and have been known to share a tear or two.tongue.png

What is a poor mans Benzema?

Benzema like, but much less so.

Spurs want Benteke thumbsup.gif but can only offer Defoe + so I expect they will be beaten by a club who actually have the cash.

Can't see Lambert falling for Defoe being a suitable replacement.

No neither can i. Defoe is ok as an impact player when you are three nil up. btw, we do have the cash. He just won't spend it. Then again i can totally understand Levy wanting to sucker punch someone with Defoe. People in the upper tier at WHL are sick of ducking from one of JD's near misses.

Theres talk on here of who we are linked with as as usual its almost everyone. In reality just think of a striker that we could buy for about 18m tops. Chelsea won't sell us Lukaku so the realistic candidate would be Benteke

Spurs want Benteke thumbsup.gif but can only offer Defoe + so I expect they will be beaten by a club who actually have the cash.

No neither can i. Defoe is ok as an impact player when you are three nil up. btw, we do have the cash. He just won't spend it. Then again i can totally understand Levy wanting to sucker punch someone with Defoe. People in the upper tier at WHL are sick of ducking from one of JD's near misses.

Theres talk on here of who we are linked with as as usual its almost everyone. In reality just think of a striker that we could buy for about 18m tops. Chelsea won't sell us Lukaku so the realistic candidate would be Benteke

Tottenham have offered England striker Jermain Defoe, 30 plus cash to Aston Villa in exchange for Christian Benteke, 22. Spurs face competition from Atletico Madrid, who are ready to bid £25m for the Belgium forward.

Edited by uptheos

Tottenham have offered England striker Jermain Defoe, 30 plus cash to Aston Villa in exchange for Christian Benteke, 22. Spurs face competition from Atletico Madrid, who are ready to bid £25m for the Belgium forward.

Probably made up groundless journo nonsense. As a Spurs fan i'll wait and see and prepare to be disappointed.

Probably made up groundless journo nonsense. As a Spurs fan i'll wait and see and prepare to be disappointed.

Probably

Isn't the thread

2013/2014 Transfer Rumours?

If any of us knew anything for sure, then it wouldn't be a rumour would it?

Edited by uptheos

Fernandinho gets his wish and joins Manchester City from Shakhtar Donetsk

Manchester City will issue another statement of intent in their quest to regain the Premier League title by completing the signing of Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10099535/Fernandinho-gets-his-wish-and-joins-Manchester-City-from-Shakhtar-Donetsk.html

Edited by uptheos

Reports breaking that Ukrainan radio are reporting Liverpool have had a £22million bid for Henrikh Mkhitaryan accepted by Shakhtar Donetsk.

Hope its true as I've known for a while we are after him but, the "reports" are coming from alleged ITK's who neither listen to Ukrainian radio, nor would understand a word even if they did! Fingers crossed tho as he looks the real deal. A slimmer, faster, more skilful version of Lampard.

Manchester City will issue another statement of intent in their quest to regain the Premier League title by completing the signing of Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10099535/Fernandinho-gets-his-wish-and-joins-Manchester-City-from-Shakhtar-Donetsk.html

I know i'm no spring chicken myself but aren't Fernandinho and Jesus at 28 and 27 respectively a bit old 22.gif i thought City were building for the future 40.gif

Edited by alfieconn

I know i'm no spring chicken myself but aren't Fernandinho and Jesus at 28 and 27 respectively a bit old 22.gif i thought City were building for the future 40.gif

They won't get many games neither will they Alf what with Citeh's crop of homegrown youngsters bursting into the team? tongue.png

They won't get many games neither will they Alf what with Citeh's crop of homegrown youngsters bursting into the team? tongue.png

I think you've got your Manchester clubs the wrong way round smokes.

I think you've got your Manchester clubs the wrong way round smokes.

Glad to hear you are singing from the ABU hymnsheet nowadays mrboj.

Buy the title will ya....less of this "players for the future rubbish".

I would imagine that the owners have abandoned the "bringing the youth through project" being as they won dick all last season, perhaps someone failed to tell them that it was a twenty year plan 15.gif

I would imagine that the owners have abandoned the "bringing the youth through project" being as they won dick all last season, perhaps someone failed to tell them that it was a twenty year plan 15.gif

You imagine wrong alfie and are way off the mark. The point of my first post to smokes is that it isn't City who have been banging on and on about our youth coming through. We know that we have some youth but in the main we have bought the talent. No problem with that. Our owner made it quite clear that was his short to medium term strategy, straight from the off.

He also said that with the FFP coming in and the club having to be a sustainable business, the future was about bringing youth in. The Etihad Campus isn't finished yet but is all part of the longer term strategy. Or as he calls it, the "holistic" view of which he didn't feel Mancini was bought into. Give it time and we will be having a different conversation on here.