2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fine by me Alfie ! Let Vieira work the youngsters, and fill the squad with high priced talent. Pellegrini motors in, and away we go !clap2.gifclap2.gif

Keep dreaming jelly 28.gif

What part of jelly's post is dreaming alfie? Please be specific wink.png

I should have added high priced talent that's worth a damn and not the Maicon's and Nasri's of the world. There was a lot of wasteful, nonsense spending previously. I hope City has that out of their system.

Fine by me Alfie ! Let Vieira work the youngsters, and fill the squad with high priced talent. Pellegrini motors in, and away we go !clap2.gifclap2.gif

You get more specific than highlighting something bj 40.gif

Edited by alfieconn

MANCHESTER UNITED have stepped up their efforts to make Cristiano Ronaldo the signing of the summer. And they are prepared to offer £65million plus a player to land the superstar, 28, who is still a hero with the United faithful'

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4955523/Manchester-United-step-up-bid-to-sign-Cristiano-Ronaldo.html

Edited by uptheos

Alfie-where can I get that Headache emoticon ? Comes in handy, eh ?tongue.png

The funny thing is you probaly said it tongue in cheek, but bj seems to have taken my dreaming comment personally, silly old sod biggrin.png

Has anyone else noticed that old bj has got very touchy and serious since his mob acquired a few bob, i think i prefered him when they didn't have a pot to piss in laugh.png

Money does create stress alfie. Now that I'm wadded after winning the prediction comp, everybody wants a piece of me laugh.png

• Like 1

The funny thing is you probaly said it tongue in cheek, but bj seems to have taken my dreaming comment personally, silly old sod biggrin.png

Nah, not serious alfie. I just want you to expand a bit more on your comments so that we can reply. It seems you were suggesting that we ain't gonna buy any high priced talent and I just wanted to know why you thought jelly was dreaming about that.

High price talent mr bo LOL dont think you've any option there, the minute you show interest no doubts a few mil goes onto the asking price, the chavs said they had the same problem,biggrin.png if your that wealthy not so sure the extra wedge makes that much difference, but the feeling your bring ' done' on the price 4 sure would really really irritate.

As for dzeko 4 me he's one of those players , like bent defoe, lineker was the same, take away the goals and you're left with

a pretty dam average prem footballer, in his case his touch aint bad, but he's no where near fast enuf and 4 his 'type' 4 me he

really isnt powerful enuf, still no doubt he'll find a happy hunting ground somewhere, but 35 mil cheesy.gif

unless the germans go all deja vu , in the prem 15m,,,, 17 maybe

Edited by rijit

It seems you were suggesting that we ain't gonna buy any high priced talent and I just wanted to know why you thought jelly was dreaming about that.

Well after cutting down on spending when getting the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair in i thought that was the new plan IE get in youngsters at good value,anyway I didn't mention anything about high price talent 40.gif i actually said

aren't Fernandinho and Jesus at 28 and 27 respectively a bit old 22.gif

When Jb ses

Let Vieira work the youngsters, and fill the squad with high priced talent

If he's serious then he is dreaming, it's not going to happen, the most you could ever hope for is probaly 4 or 5 and even the club would probaly call that a result.

Edited by alfieconn

It seems you were suggesting that we ain't gonna buy any high priced talent and I just wanted to know why you thought jelly was dreaming about that.

Well after cutting down on spending when getting the likes of Rodwell and Sinclair in i thought that was the new plan IE get in youngsters at good value,anyway I didn't mention anything about high price talent 40.gif i actually said

>aren't Fernandinho and Jesus at 28 and 27 respectively a bit old 22.gif

When Jb ses

If he's serious then he is dreaming, it's not going to happen, the most you could ever hope for is probaly 4 or 5 and even the club would probaly call that a result.

Ah, I see, the operative word is "fill". A "few" is more what I meant, given that there is already enough pricey talent on display as it is. Now, about that headache emoticon...

Ah, I see, the operative word is "fill". A "few" is more what I meant, given that there is already enough pricey talent on display as it is. Now, about that headache emoticon...

Oh i see iv'e got you now, to be fair jb i have many talents but unfortunately mind reading is not one of them 4.gif

Oh i see iv'e got you now, to be fair jb i have many talents but unfortunately mind reading is not one of them 4.gif

thumbsup.gif I will now consider referring to you as "Master of the Literal".biggrin.png

The Times reports today that Abramovich has told Jose that there will be no mega 50 million pound deals this summer so he has to shop in the mid tier market (10 to 25 ish), which apparently he is content with (??!!).

Times also says that Jose will therefore now move to outbid Arsenal and any others for Jovetic, saying that Wenger was well advanced with the purchase. I think it said Chelsea would pay about 18 mill GBP (no longer have the paper in front of me). Also read in another paper (am in Uk for 10 days) that Athletico Madrid are now on the prowl with some of their Falcao money looking for a striker - likely target Benteke?

Looks like lots of money sloshing around this summer. Could take a long time before it all settles down into done deals.

The Times reports today that Abramovich has told Jose that there will be no mega 50 million pound deals this summer so he has to shop in the mid tier market (10 to 25 ish), which apparently he is content with (??!!).

Times also says that Jose will therefore now move to outbid Arsenal and any others for Jovetic, saying that Wenger was well advanced with the purchase. I think it said Chelsea would pay about 18 mill GBP (no longer have the paper in front of me). Also read in another paper (am in Uk for 10 days) that Athletico Madrid are now on the prowl with some of their Falcao money looking for a striker - likely target Benteke?

Looks like lots of money sloshing around this summer. Could take a long time before it all settles down into done deals.

Yes the Athletico/Benteke rumor could well have some truth. With all that cash they can also afford to pay over the odds in fee and wages. The one factor that might drive Benteke's decision is the need for first team football wherever he goes what with the world cup looming

I've just read on BBC Sport that City are on the verge of signing Fernandinho (that's not Ferdinand City fans so don't panic) from Shakhtar Donetsk. Damn! The way he dominated the midfield in the Champions League game against us,I would have thought he would have been on our radar. An excellent player who is on a different planet to Barry.

Yes the Athletico/Benteke rumor could well have some truth. With all that cash they can also afford to pay over the odds in fee and wages. The one factor that might drive Benteke's decision is the need for first team football wherever he goes what with the world cup looming

Benteke is a terrific talent and shouldn't be allowed to go abroad, now he's shown what he can do in the Premier League. I still can't forget the goal he scored against Liverpool, when he ran at Agger and Skrtel,then ghosted past them like they were complete amateurs.Not forgetting the way he mugged Cahill and Cech against us.

Benteke is a terrific talent and shouldn't be allowed to go abroad, now he's shown what he can do in the Premier League. I still can't forget the goal he scored against Liverpool, when he ran at Agger and Skrtel,then ghosted past them like they were complete amateurs.Not forgetting the way he mugged Cahill and Cech against us.

Aston Villa slap £40million tag on Benteke amid interest from Spurs, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-benteke-transfer-arsenal-spurs-1934025

I've just read on BBC Sport that City are on the verge of signing Fernandinho (that's not Ferdinand City fans so don't panic) from Shakhtar Donetsk. Damn! The way he dominated the midfield in the Champions League game against us,I would have thought he would have been on our radar. An excellent player who is on a different planet to Barry.

Yeah, apparently seen at the hospital we use for our medicals. Exciting times.

It'll be a new look City midfield for sure. Much more athleticism on display. Exciting indeed !clap2.gif

It'll be a new look City midfield for sure. Much more athleticism on display. Exciting indeed !clap2.gif

coffee1.gifYeh exciting indeed. Binning 60m quids worth of players because you came second and then spunking another kings ransom on a new crop of mercenaries

How's the youth policy chaps? City must look a really attractive prospect to young kids looking to come through the youth ranks!laugh.png

If you can't beat 'em, buy 'emwai2.gif

United very quiet in transfer market like many others i suppose. Will be interesting to see where Rooney will go and who comes in United camp.

Rooney is featured on Uniteds new kit campaign (I think), so maybe he's going nowhere.

United very quiet in transfer market like many others i suppose. Will be interesting to see where Rooney will go and who comes in United camp.

Can't see any transfer rumours on that post 40.gif must be bored laugh.png

Spurs seem to have wrapped up the Baldini deal....now onto players. biggrin.png

Rooney is featured on Uniteds new kit campaign (I think), so maybe he's going nowhere.

I saw that myself this morning but i remembered the Arsenal was selling something of RVP last summer. Rooney on New jersey on Ads is a clever ploy to make other clubs aware that Rooney will not be sold off cheaply.