2013/2014 Transfer Rumours

BangrakBob

Liverpool prepared to sell Luis Suárez for club-record £50m plus

• 26-year-old striker makes his case back in Uruguay
• Liverpool want in excess of their fee for Fernando Torres

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/31/luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer-uruguay

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/31/summer-transfer-targets-premier-league

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not only about the money (although having it certainly does help paying for a top rate legal team that your average man on the street could never afford), it's about a person's chosen career. Footballers, along with movie stars, singers, celebrities, TV stars, sportsmen... all these people, depend on publicity, depend on the public taking an interest in them, and it is the public that effectively pays their generous wages, one way or another. And they all have sponsorship deals that use their face, their name, their image, their reputation, to sell things. Who these people are, is what their business is, and they get fantastic rewards from being in the papers, being on the TV, being in the media. And these people all know when they enter the profession they do, that they will be in the public spotlight. For most of them fame is one of the main things they have been striving for and dreaming about. I seriously doubt Suarez was any different in this regard.

This is why these people are different with regards their relationship with the media as compared to the man on the street who suddenly finds himself splashed all over the papers for no good reason, and this is why, when these people act like idiots, and this idiocy generates negative publicity, for them to then suddenly decide they don't so much like this fame thing, and cry about how unfair it is the way they are under the microscope, and say that they may have to move because of it, it is to my mind both pathetic and ridiculous.

There are so many real victims of the tabloids out there.. save your sympathy for them... they are the ones who need it.

We are talking about footballers here, not Jodie Marsh or Peter Andre.
Not as much difference as you might think. Sure, Suarez actually has a talent, but he, just like Peter Andre, depends on having an audience, and reaching that audience, depends on the media and the publicity it generates. Take away the audience, turn off the TV cameras, stop printing the papers, and where would either of them be? Nowhere.

Publicity is therefore part and parcel of what both of them do. Without it, there's no job, there's no fortune, there's no fast cars, there's no swimming wear models. It's what made them.

That's why, in my opinion, when they do something idiotic, as Suarez has done, he has to broaden his shoulders and take it on the chin. He isn't your plumber or your primary school teacher who has never sought or benefited from media attention.

Running back home and telling a partisan adoring crowd how nasty some people in England have been to him, and how they are forcing him to move, is just pathetic. When will you stop defending this crap?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/31/luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer-uruguay

I think Suarez has as good as gone. He has not shown much club support either (which he owes Liverpool big time) in the manner he is engineering his departure. Very shallow and transparent in my view. I think the Madrid move will happen quite quickly when Perez realizes he cannot sign Bale until next seasonwink.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I think Suarez has as good as gone. He has not shown much club support either (which he owes Liverpool big time) in the manner he is engineering his departure. Very shallow and transparent in my view. I think the Madrid move will happen quite quickly when Perez realizes he cannot sign Bale until next seasonwink.png

Agreed he's gone, but not so sure about RM as the destination, at least not yet. Madrid seem to have Bale as the prime target. Maybe they'll have Suarez on the back burner. Madrid could even be slightly put off by Suarez's antics as well (as could other clubs). He's working on a pretty lengthy rap sheet now.

Agreed he's gone, but not so sure about RM as the destination, at least not yet. Madrid seem to have Bale as the prime target. Maybe they'll have Suarez on the back burner. Madrid could even be slightly put off by Suarez's antics as well (as could other clubs). He's working on a pretty lengthy rap sheet now.

Probably a way of getting the price down, letting Liverpool know he's not their top target. They also know he's slightly damaged goods. I don't think he'll of for nearly as much as people think and he's not a kid anymore either.

Probably a way of getting the price down, letting Liverpool know he's not their top target. They also know he's slightly damaged goods. I don't think he'll of for nearly as much as people think and he's not a kid anymore either.

I actually think the opposite Carms.

I think the only way Liverpool will let him go, is if somebody stumps up 50 million.

Although he wants to go, I think if he doesnt, it wont affect his performances for Liverpool. I think he is similar to Tevez in that respect and will put in 100%.

Thiago Alcantara's father (Mazinho)in discussions with Real. If it goes through that's £18m they won't have for Bale/Suarez

They have a virtually unlimited budget courtesy of their Madrid backers who are desperate for them to outdo the Catalans.

I make you right carms, suerez is a shallow little red nec,k but lets not kid ourselves about perez he has virtually incomparable funds and if he really really wants he can sign bale, but atm it will cost him really large , he paid 80? for ronny!!!!! and maybe signing bale now, would it put a spanner in relation to resign ronaldo,bearing in mind seems they do virtually the same job, so signing Suarez would make sense and look at bale next year, I reckon it will still cost him, but then maybe he can move ronny on?, he'll be 30 and looking at his last big contract? still 4 decent money, off setting bales cost and without it effecting his election campaign.

Edited by rijit

Jesus coming to Manchester. (Navas & City)

They need a saviour!

Don't we all? And I've heard he's good at crosses.

yeah from what i've seen he really needs to nail it quickly, he just hangs around far to long

Manchester City are reported to have made a £20 million bid for Lazio’s Brazilian midfielder, Hernanes.

Can't see many fans putting his name on their shirts as his full name is Anderson Hernanes de Carvalho Viana Lima

Let's call him "Bean".rolleyes.gif

Apparently his nickname is "The Prophet".wai.gif

Edited by jellydog

Manchester City are reported to have made a £20 million bid for Lazio’s Brazilian midfielder, Hernanes.

Can't see many fans putting his name on their shirts as his full name is Anderson Hernanes de Carvalho Viana Lima

Let's call him "Bean".rolleyes.gif

Apparently his nickname is "The Prophet".wai.gif

Whereas most footballers are called "For Profit" nowadays tongue.png

Perhaps Madrid are looking elsewhere than Suarez or Bale.

Frankly no one on here has considered that possibility. coffee1.gif

It 's perez's election year smokes , needs a big name to go with his campaign, neymar would have done the job, but not many others would have

I think its clearly those two tbh. Whats more, Suarez is giving to the come and get me big time. I'd have thought that Liverpool would have had more respect for him if he just came out and said he wants to play in the champions league rather than be a sniveling little sh1t and blame media hounding.

having watched the antics of Modric, Tevez going awol, now Loius Lecter egineering his own transfer i've no time left for these footballers

• Like 1

I think its clearly those two tbh. Whats more, Suarez is giving to the come and get me big time. I'd have thought that Liverpool would have had more respect for him if he just came out and said he wants to play in the champions league rather than be a sniveling little sh1t and blame media hounding.

having watched the antics of Modric, Tevez going awol, now Loius Lecter egineering his own transfer i've no time left for these footballers

Bloody foreigners have no respect for the game eh carms? rolleyes.gif

It is nice and warm in Spain ....although I'd probably pick Malaga over Madrid. laugh.png

Bloody foreigners have no respect for the game eh carms? rolleyes.gif

It is nice and warm in Spain ....although I'd probably pick Malaga over Madrid. laugh.png

Their nationality has nothing to do with it. Honestly smokes! rolleyes.gif

I thought it was common for foreigners to have too much hair growth spurting from their ears which makes them talk funny.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I guess they really are just a bunch of greedy mercenaries with no love for the game.

I thought it was common for foreigners to have too much hair growth spurting from their ears which makes them talk funny.

I guess they really are just a bunch of greedy mercenaries with no love for the game.

Probably more a case of young men, some with limited intelligence, others complete halfwits and all with more money than they know what to do with. <deleted>, Gary Mark Lawrenson is a relative genius compared to the average modern day footballer

Probably more a case of young men, some with limited intelligence, others complete halfwits and all with more money than they know what to do with. <deleted>, Gary Mark Lawrenson is a relative genius compared to the average modern day footballer

"Sign the contract laddie!"

<long pause>

"&lt;deleted&gt; just put the X there son......."

• Like 1