Pattaya Haters Posting In The Pattaya Forum

MZurf

Come on, guys. This thread is not about the price of milk and salami. It's about the abundance of Pattaya bashers who need to let everyone know about their feelings on a regular basis.

Some possible explanations on why they hate the place can be:

- A broken heart. Noi the bar girl wasn't faithful after all while you were away.

- A broken wallet. Noi the bar girl did not keep the house you bought her but sold it and ran away with a Dutch body builder.

- Envy. You're not allowed by the wife to go there, or you just can't afford it (or a combination of the two)

- A loathing of the local P4P scene.

-Fear (of what you'll become if you moved there)

• Like 2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pattaya is what it is, no use trying to sugar coat it.

Why is there a problem with stating the truth these days?

so what is the truth? I'd say the truth is Pattaya is international town, where it is ridiculously cheap to live. What other place even compares? If you don't like Pattaya, you just maybe tired of living.

Many of us like it well enough, but don't get carried away. It ain't for everyone.

when did I say it is for everyone?

Im happy it isnt for everyone, if it was, it would be a boring shi_thole.

you equated not liking Pataya with being tired of being alive....I'd say that someone reading "everyone should want to live in Pataya" out of your post is quite sensible.....

"everyone is not tired of being alive" therefore "everyone should want to live in Pataya" .....except for those with a death wish of course, they're exempt

Take responsibility for what you say and stop acting like other people just have you all wrong....if you didn't think it's for everyone, then why speak in hyperbole on the internet, where sarcasm doesn't come through at all unless you make an effort, which it doesn't seem you did.

I love Pattaya, don't know anywhere else on earth where a person can have so much debauchery in three days..........and then leave.

Lots of places. coffee1.gif

(Perhaps more places if you're gay ...)

Edited by Jingthing

Come on, guys. This thread is not about the price of milk and salami. It's about the abundance of Pattaya bashers who need to let everyone know about their feelings on a regular basis.

- A broken heart. Noi the bar girl wasn't faithful after all while you were away.

- A broken wallet. Noi the bar girl did not keep the house you bought her but sold it and ran away with a Dutch body builder.

- Envy. You're not allowed by the wife to go there, or you just can't afford it (or a combination of the two)

And the reason they hate the place can't be because prices of living have risen beyond the price level at home for no justified reason, after they arrived here an blew up all the bridges to home ?

I would like to know all the geat thing's that Pat's has above any other place in Thailand. I have not read all the post but most. It would be nice to be educated on same. I know J T it's all about food he posted that and I agree but what about all the rest that make's it so wondeful. Because I cant see any, maybe the Bt Buses. come on then speak out. Let all be educated.

Edited by fredob43

Ok so milk is expensive in Thailand. Now can we get back to the topic "why does pattaya haters feel they need to vent their feelings in the pattaya forum".

Further off-topic posts will be deleted without further notice, and we may decide to close the thread if it can't stay on track.

I would like to know all the geat thing's that Pat's has above any other place in Thailand. I have not read all the post but most. It would be nice to be educated on same. I know J T it's all about food he posted that and I agree but what about all the rest that make's it so wondeful. Because I cant see any, maybe the Bt Buses. come on then speak out. Let all be educated.

It's Bangkok by the bathtub mate ...

Maybe the Pattaya haters has to live here by necessities like finances, not by choice as opposed to people who aren't inclined towards Bangkok or Phuket or even Chiangmai, most would not choose to live there or can move out.

People that has to live in Pattaya for the cheap accommodation probably can't move anywhere else cheaper, cause that would means loss of cheap entertainment/western foods and let's face it, ego massage given by the ladies of Pattaya

I love Pattaya, don't know anywhere else on earth where a person can have so much debauchery in three days..........and then leave.

Lots of places. coffee1.gif

(Perhaps more places if you're gay ...)

I must admit I'm fond of Pattaya, it was the first place I visited in a different life and it blew me away at the time. Since then it has always been a place to go to when you want get sleazy. It was whore town when I first visited and it's whore city /province now......certainly grown. biggrin.png

I wish there were more Chinese and Indian Pattaya bashers/haters who took time to spread the word in their local news on how bad the place is and that their fellow countrymen should choose another holiday destination whistling.gif

i wish there were more poor Farangs who spread the word among their peers that Pattaya does not require their presence.

Absolutely, Naam - for all the 'Pattaya sucks' rhetoric, it doesnt seem to stop planeloads of Farang men rolling into town every week. For a place that supposedly 'sucks', it's bloody crowded. ;)

I wish there were more Chinese and Indian Pattaya bashers/haters who took time to spread the word in their local news on how bad the place is and that their fellow countrymen should choose another holiday destination whistling.gif

i wish there were more poor Farangs who spread the word among their peers that Pattaya does not require their presence.

Absolutely, Naam - for all the 'Pattaya sucks' rhetoric, it doesnt seem to stop planeloads of Farang men rolling into town every week. For a place that supposedly 'sucks', it's bloody crowded. wink.png

Yes, crowded with some of the worst people on planet earth (some good, yes).

Fine, but what is understood doesnt need to be repeated again and again. I dont like Chumphon or Udon, and I'm not going back - simple - I dont feel the need to chime in everytime someone mentions one of those cities towns to bitch about them.

Maybe the Pattaya haters has to live here by necessities like finances, not by choice as opposed to people who aren't inclined towards Bangkok or Phuket or even Chiangmai, most would not choose to live there or can move out.

People that has to live in Pattaya for the cheap accommodation probably can't move anywhere else cheaper, cause that would means loss of cheap entertainment/western foods and let's face it, ego massage given by the ladies of Pattaya

As English clearly can't be your first language I just thought I would point out that "Maybe the Pattaya haters has to live here..." is grammatically incorrect, excusable for either a foreign speaker or a 10 year old child, but wrong. Better English would be to say "Maybe the Pattaya haters HAVE to live here".

But as to the logic of what you are saying, if cheap whores, cheap happy hour Beer Chang, a little room in some backstreet and eating fried rice everyday is considered a desirable lifestyle then Pattaya is probably a fair choice compared to the UK for example. However, even cheaper might be Bangkok or otheer even cheaper places to lead a cheap lifestyle. So the Pattaya bashers are probably not as economically trapped as you imply.

As English clearly can't be your first language I just thought I would point out that "Maybe the Pattaya haters has to live here..." is grammatically incorrect, excusable for either a foreign speaker or a 10 year old child, but wrong. Better English would be to say "Maybe the Pattaya haters HAVE to live here".

But as to the logic of what you are saying, if cheap whores, cheap happy hour Beer Chang, a little room in some backstreet and eating fried rice everyday is considered a desirable lifestyle then Pattaya is probably a fair choice compared to the UK for example. However, even cheaper might be Bangkok or otheer even cheaper places to lead a cheap lifestyle. So the Pattaya bashers are probably not as economically trapped as you imply.

At least he gets a message across in a language that isnt his own.

How many native English speakers on TV can manage that?

And I dont mean ordering beer in 50 languages...

• Like 2

Seems everyone who has any common sense or logic, is not a native English speaker according to you?whistling.gif

I haven't been to Bangkok in a while but I don't think the gogo bars offer 50 baht tap beer, same goes for massage I guess you don't find any 100 baht Thai massage there. So overall Pattaya has much better value for money

There are threads dedicated to that subject, but that's not the topic of this thread.

And the reason they hate the place can't be because prices of living have risen beyond the price level at home for no justified reason, after they arrived here an blew up all the bridges to home ?

Why would that make a person hate Pattaya in particular? The prices go up all over Thailand, not only in Pattaya. And what's a "justified" price increase as opposed to an unjustified one?

You do not need to see and do not need to know, do not even need to visit.

And since you do not see the benefits why even bother to comment?

Why are there so many Pattaya haters active in the Pattaya forum? I'm

not a big Bangkok fan so consequently I don't post in that forum.

I would guess that many just hit the 'View New Content' button, then click on the interesting threads without paying any attention to the subforum name. :)

Surely not that hard a concept to understand.

Even for someone living in Pattaya. :rolleyes::D

I don't get it. Why are there so many Pattaya haters active in the Pattaya forum? I'm not a big Bangkok fan so consequently I don't post in that forum. I'm straight so I'm not active in the gay forum.

But there seems to be an unusual amount of Pattaya haters active in the Pattaya forum. I mean, I get why some/many people dislike this place but there seems to be an abundance of posters who have to use every opportunity to post cr@p about it.

Maybe because of the amount of news links to pattaya

Pattaya for me is alright for a lads holiday but going there on my own I feel sick

I do like the fact that this place exists for when I hit 60 pr 70

if i might say this to JT hopefully without causing offense

i used to pass on reading your often lengthy sometimes convuluted posts as frankly i found them a bit boring

but this is a new JT

short and concise, more friendly and less hostile, amusing and clever without being a smartass

it feels like you might have a new love interest

there seems to be a spring in your step

anyway, whatever it is that brightened your life,i think has translated to your thoughts on this forum and i like it

keep it up JT

stay happy!

Pattaya haters posting how this place sucks, maybe hate everything? Maybe it isn't about Pattaya at all? If you ride in baht bus in Pattaya, we, farangs almost never speak to each other, usually we are very careful not to even make eye contact. Its different with internet, here we are brave. So maybe Pattaya haters get to vent here, cos 'hating' Pattaya is somehow more acceptable than hating some other town or region? If they dont do it in Pattaya forum, they'd find another sub forum

Edited by valgehiir

Why would that make a person hate Pattaya in particular? The prices go up all over Thailand, not only in Pattaya. And what's a "justified" price increase as opposed to an unjustified one?

Living on the edge makes people depressed, hence they start seeing things in a more negative way. It's all a vicious circle.

These people if the live and post on the Pattaya forum, they will air their displeasure on the Pattaya forum. If they live in Bangkok they will probably air them on the Bangkok forum.

A justified price rise is one where the rise of base materials or other means to get the product on the shelves, have risen in a similar measure.

I have seen enormous prices rises for certain goods here for no other reason as that the manufacturer fabricated an imaginary shortage .

Think about cooking oils a year or so ago.

Edited by jbrain

Come on JB the thread is about Pattaya haters not the price of groceries! really if that is all you hate about Pattaya why are you commenting on this thread? because you can have that argument about many parts of Thailand.

Just a thought maybe it's time to pull the plug.

You do not need to see and do not need to know, do not even need to visit.

And since you do not see the benefits why even bother to comment?

Thank you for your interllectual post very enlightening.

Just think on this a few year's ago there was not a Russian in sight now the place is over loaded with them Nakluea used to be 90% German go there now and it's turning into little Russia not long now two three year's my guess and they will take over the rest of the place, so unless you like borscht soup your little Pat's in a few more year's will be no more and then what will you all do time me thinks to have a look out for new climb's. Just a thought but frightening all the same.

Edited by fredob43

Why do I have to sell Pattaya to you or anyone else ? This thread didn't start with 'Pattaya rocks' - it started with the frustration of one TVer who couldnt understand why various people feel compelled to bash Pattaya in a sub-forum dedicated to the city. If you dont like the place, stay the hell away, capiche ?

• Like 1