Woolwich Attack: ' Soldier Beheaded' By Ranting Fanatics On Busy London Street

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner that society recognises religion as a mild form of mental illness and treats it as such, the better for all of us.

Maybe, but some religious groups manifestations of "mental illness" seem to benefit society as a whole. For example, the Salvation Army is often the group that takes on the task of caring for the hard core mentally ill, the homeless, the abandoned, ex cons and the unloved. I would much rather have a Sally Anne group of "mentally ill" in my community than a mosque of jihadists. The worse the Sally Anne might do is ring a bell at Christmas as it collects for the destitute. Many Christians adhere to a love and compassion philosophy. I'll take that mental illness any day over the let's go out and decapitate infidels philosophy.

What would be so wrong with having the same group of caring individuals doing the same task, without any religious banner?

It would be better would it not?

The sooner that society recognises religion as a mild form of mental illness and treats it as such, the better for all of us.

Maybe, but some religious groups manifestations of "mental illness" seem to benefit society as a whole. For example, the Salvation Army is often the group that takes on the task of caring for the hard core mentally ill, the homeless, the abandoned, ex cons and the unloved. I would much rather have a Sally Anne group of "mentally ill" in my community than a mosque of jihadists. The worse the Sally Anne might do is ring a bell at Christmas as it collects for the destitute. Many Christians adhere to a love and compassion philosophy. I'll take that mental illness any day over the let's go out and decapitate infidels philosophy.

What would be so wrong with having the same group of caring individuals doing the same task, without any religious banner?

The point is - the benevolent religious people / groups are motivated to do the good works of their own accord - it is part of their belief system. What? You going to have the government assign citizens at random to do this sort of thing?

The point is - the benevolent religious people / groups are motivated to do the good works of their own accord - it is part of their belief system. What? You going to have the government assign citizens at random to do this sort of thing?

Who said anything about being assigned, by a government or any other organisation. good people will always do good things.

If they have to stick a label on it though.......

This post was brought to you from the goodness of my own heart, no advertising, no slogans, no hidden message.

Outrageous, what has Britain become, where a member of Her Majesty's Armed Fforces can't walk the streets without facing attack? Powells "Rivers of blood" speech may actually have prophesied just that, although probably not his intention.

For too long have the "British" people been like a sleeping dog, laying complacent at the hearth. Now these animals welcomed in & given every opportunity have become so emboldened as to commit this horrific act on Britains streets.

Too late for government to act, as "they" are already embeded in every aspect of political life in the UK. The "mindless morons of the EDL" as some on this forum have called them, are now apparently the last bastion for repriasal as far as Britain is concerned & good luck to them.

Every Muslim living in Britian should should feel shame upon themselves & Islam for breeding, & harbouring such hatred for a country that allowed them to thrive.

Regardless where these animals came from, they are Muslims, no matter what denials or renunciation the Islamic mouth piece in the UK comes out with.

I've read some absolute wet liberal crap on here regarding this & most of it from brits, no wonder the country is in shit, for want of a better term. All Muslims in the UK are now fair game, month after month I read of "home grown" would be Islamic terrorists, of Muslim men colluding on child grooming & rape. Enough is enough...

Well said.

Apart from the EDL the spineless British citizens will just whimper about these Islamic atrocities while the equally spineless police, the establishment and politicians will continue to make excuses for their behaviour and arrest members of the EDL for being seen to care about the state of their country.

Would that be the EDL who are so proud of being English that they attend all their public meetings with balaclavas on so no-one can see their faces?

Don't be concerned about EDL,they are non starters. There are serious contenders waiting in the wings, Praying for 2015.

French soldier stabbed in neck outside Paris 25/05/13
Soldier loses considerable amount of blood after being stabbed, but his condition is reportedly not life threatening.
A French soldier patrolling a business neighbourhood west of Paris has been stabbed in the neck by a man who quickly fled the scene and is being sought by police, President Francois Hollande said.
The soldier was patrolling in uniform with two other men as part of France's Vigipirate anti-terrorist surveillance plan when he was approached from behind around 1600 GMT and stabbed in the neck with a knife or a box-cutter.
ctd http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/2013525181528533340.html

Is this country mad? Why is Anjem Choudary, whose poisonous teachings influenced the Woolwich killers, free to draw benefits and tour BBC studios spouting murderous hatred against Britain?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330689/Is-country-mad-Why-Anjem-Choudary-poisonous-teachings-influenced-Woolwich-killers-free-draw-benefits-tour-BBC-studios-spouting-murderous-hatred-Britain.html#ixzz2UKACRDis

Because it is politically correct and this guy and others are like the school bully and the various governments are the victims. They hope if they bow down then they might like them a little won't get a wedgy.

Is this country mad? Why is Anjem Choudary, whose poisonous teachings influenced the Woolwich killers, free to draw benefits and tour BBC studios spouting murderous hatred against Britain?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2330689/Is-country-mad-Why-Anjem-Choudary-poisonous-teachings-influenced-Woolwich-killers-free-draw-benefits-tour-BBC-studios-spouting-murderous-hatred-Britain.html#ixzz2UKACRDis

Because the UK government is in fear of its sizeable muslim community

The "sizeable muslim community" in the UK constitutes less than 5% of the population.

The "sizeable muslim community" in the UK constitutes less than 5% of the population.

But a much higher percentage of extremists hell bent on destroying the country that allows them liberty's that are unheard of in Islamic countries.

• Like 1

Doesn't feel like 5% in some parts of the country

• Like 1

5 % of the population is a lot of potential subversives.

potential subversives in 95% of the non-muslim population might be substantial too. and yes, my silly assumption is out of thin air too whistling.gif

That you consider some aspects of the condition benign, in fact those you are most familiar with, is completely irrelevant as it is all based on the same delusion. Most sentient beings would reject out of hand the concepts of religion if they were not instilled at an early age when we are most likely to accept what our elders tell us ( an evolutionary necessity). You accept social work, but would reject directing traffic at the behest of an "invisible friend", and attribute favourable aspects to one particular group that are common to all. The biggest difference between any two religion followers is that they were taught as children that they ARE different, and that THEIR delusion is better than others.

IMHO the reason the major religious texts don't proscribe child sexual abuse is because it might cause inspection of other forms of child abuse - the worst being the teaching of religion.

French soldier stabbed in neck outside Paris 25/05/13

Soldier loses considerable amount of blood after being stabbed, but his condition is reportedly not life threatening.

A French soldier patrolling a business neighbourhood west of Paris has been stabbed in the neck by a man who quickly fled the scene and is being sought by police, President Francois Hollande said.

The soldier was patrolling in uniform with two other men as part of France's Vigipirate anti-terrorist surveillance plan when he was approached from behind around 1600 GMT and stabbed in the neck with a knife or a box-cutter.

ctd http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2013/05/2013525181528533340.html

At the rate things are going the quick jihaddists are going to wake the victim up before the slow jihaddists take over through mass immigration and a high birthrate. Our gutless politicians are going to struggle to stick the cork back in the bottle, quick better take down twitter.

Have not read through all 32 pages of this but doubt there is many who would support such acts.

I know some very nice Muslim people here in TL but the actions of a few taint all.

I will post views on islam from others around the world, hope its not regarded as off topic for even though its only opinion it puts things in prospective in Europe.

Note; may not be my opinion so don't pick on me.

Here's an
interesting viewpoint The following is a copy of an article

written by Spanish writer Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez and published in a Spanish
newspaper on Jan. 15 2011. It doesn't take much imagination to

extrapolate the message to the rest of Europe - and possibly to the rest of the world.

THIS WAS IN
A SPANISH NEWSPAPER: "EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ "

By Sebastian
Vilar Rodrigez

"I walked down the street in Barcelona and suddenly discovered a terrible truth
- Europe died in Auschwitz ...We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims.

In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity,
and talent. We destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they
produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art,

international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world.

These are the people we burned.

*Edited for Fair Use*

Edited by Scott
Edited for Fair use
  • Like 2

Don't be concerned about EDL,they are non starters. There are serious contenders waiting in the wings, Praying for 2015.

Thousands of people have attended a demonstration organised by the English Defence League (EDL) in Newcastle, Northumbria Police said.

Hundreds of officers were on duty for the EDL's first march since the murder of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-22666647

Nobody needs 'to go back' anywhere. They just need to want to be here and watch each others back. Like this lass did.
975902_10151441359342102_2111608311_n.jp

When a pendulum swings it usually goes from one extreme to the other. This is how revolutions start after oppression.

I'm not predicting anything because it's not really any of my business nor do I know the culture real well. I don't know that things have reached one extreme to the point that the pendulum would begin to swing in the other direction.

But I have faith in the British people and for that matter Western Europe.

We have some difficulties ahead but I believe we will prevail.

• Like 1

Have not read through all 32 pages of this but doubt there is many who would support such acts.

I know some very nice Muslim people here in TL but the actions of a few taint all.

I will post views on islam from others around the world, hope its not regarded as off topic for even though its only opinion it puts things in prospective in Europe.

Note; may not be my opinion so don't pick on me.

Here's an

interesting viewpoint The following is a copy of an article

written by Spanish writer Sebastian Vilar Rodrigez and published in a Spanish

newspaper on Jan. 15 2011. It doesn't take much imagination to

extrapolate the message to the rest of Europe - and possibly to the rest of the world.

THIS WAS IN

A SPANISH NEWSPAPER: "EUROPEAN LIFE DIED IN AUSCHWITZ "

By Sebastian

Vilar Rodrigez

"I walked down the street in Barcelona and suddenly discovered a terrible truth

- Europe died in Auschwitz ...We killed six million Jews and replaced them with 20 million Muslims.

In Auschwitz we burned a culture, thought, creativity,

and talent. We destroyed the chosen people, truly chosen, because they

produced great and wonderful people who changed the world.

The contribution of this people is felt in all areas of life: science, art,

international trade, and above all, as the conscience of the world.

These are the people we burned.

*Edited out*

Russia has had its share of terrorist attacks, and it has a large population of them concentrated in a couple of areas. It reminds me a bit of Thailand with troubles mostly in the South.

Russia hasn't fallen into the politically correct trap. They are asserting their nationalism and have a "like it or leave" attitude. They also have a "like it or we'll either kill you or turn you over to the Americans" approach. Russia should survive this.

As an aside, at least in the one area it has improved cooperation between Russia and the US. A lot of intelligence is traded, even about the pressure cooker bomber who had been to Russia to visit a cleric.

This is a world wide problem and I like Russia's approach. I agree with them.

Edited by Scott

"in Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live

in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect

the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those

places where that's the state law.

Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special

privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud

they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America,

England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation.

The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of

most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new

laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the

minorities are not Russians.

I am not a fan of Putin, but he makes some good points here. Immigrants should adopt the traditions and customs of the country that they live in and Sharia law is offensive to Western societies.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Steely Dan,

If true, this will please the Jewish population as well as the Muslim as the methods of conscious slaughter and blood draining in Kosher and Halal are identical.

No they are not. kosher slaughtering practices are dictated by the biblical commandment that the killing must be done with respect and compassion and that the animal must not suffer. In any case, the attempt to bring Jews and kosher slaughtering into the discussion is another cheap attempt to take the thread off course. Again and again, whenever a specific fact that discomforts jihadi supporters and apologists, these folks quickly try to switch over to referencing Jews or Christians or some other subject.

Religious zealots of the Jewish or Christian faith in the UK are not the ones blowing up trains or attacking people in the streets. The fact of the matter is that the UK is a Christian country. Most religious groups that have immigrated understand that and behave accordingly. One doesn't see Hindus, Jews , Mormons, Druids, Wiccans, or adherents of the flying Spaghetti Monster undertaking acts of terror, unless one considers the heavy curry that the Hindu Temples give the homeless for free is an act of terror. The worst that I have seen the Sally Anne do is to sing off key.

Well said.

That's about 3.1 million isn't it......quite sizable and do you know the % of radicals who would condone or condemn this latest atrocity........NO?..........neither do I. Do you know the % of radicals waiting for their chance of martyrdom? NO........neither do I and that's the danger/problem!!

It was once stated that 1% of Indonesia's muslin population were classed as extremist.jihadist. Now if that 1% of 3.1M can be used in the UK. That's still a lot of people capable of being a concern.

Another view to balance those given by Chouderay.

I'm no fan, but this message is certainly fast becoming a hit with British people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxdwLDHlm6s

Watching this has filled me with sadness.

Trepidation for me.

If responsible political leaders and the community at large does not take on this issue, then groups like the EDL will exploit it.

• Like 1