Commercials At The Cinema

yourauntbob

Why not just ask when the film actually starts when you buy the tickets?

They will say 9:00 regardless. wink.png

Too true. I've only been to a few movies in Thailand and was surprised to even see previews, let alone commercials. But then there are many things I experience in the land of smiles that I just shake my head about and carry on. I can't change what is so I just accept it.

I do know that now I'm back In Canada I miss some of the "freedoms" I had in Thailand. I have to follow a whole bunch of rules and laws just because they are laws for law's sake. Why do I have to stay within 10 km of the speed limit when there is nobody else on the road but me? But, if I drive 15 km over the speed limit on some deserted highway and happen to pass a highway patrol coming the other way then I will get a speeding ticket. And, it won't be some 400 baht fine. It will be more like a 7000 baht fine and points on my license.

• Like 2

SF at Terminal 21 show how long the ads and previews are on a board (not electronic) near the ticket counter.

But overall, you can pretty much guarantee that there will be at least 15 minutes of ads and previews.

We used to advertise via cinema. Production was expensive, we had to sign up for a one year contract and were only on sessions of two screens (of a twelve screen cineplex) per day. it cost a small fortune and we got no return whatsoever on it. Would never do it again ... nobody watches them.

Given Thai people's general lack of punctuality, I'd rather sit through half an hour of trailers and commercials than have loads of people drifting in during the first half hour of the film.

its taken a more unrealistic approach to its franchise's on what the limits of a car can take, I like my motor sports but i don't think i can drive it through the cockpit of a plane.

besides your little girly cry on advertising how was the movie?

Already available on piratebay...

But I would not waist bandwidth for that.

A week before it hit the Cinerama and unfortunately i wasted mine.

We used to advertise via cinema. Production was expensive, we had to sign up for a one year contract and were only on sessions of two screens (of a twelve screen cineplex) per day. it cost a small fortune and we got no return whatsoever on it. Would never do it again ... nobody watches them.

Back in Scotland,I know we are talking about the cinema, but I never saw adverts at any time watching the television. The only thing I ever watched live was football. I video taped everything I watched, then just ran past the adverts.

• Like 1

They are limited by law to six adverts with total duration not exceeding 10 minutes.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/471133-outrage-over-expensive-movie-tickets/

It definitely was more than that. After a while i got annoyed and started checking my watch, the movie went on at 9:30 on the dot and there were only a handful of actual previews. Ok, so here are the ones we remember: Pepsi, toyota, chevy, honda, isuze (motorbike), true move H, some canned food company. Again, these are just the ones we remember which is probably less than half.

Been this way for quite a while.rolleyes.gif

Obviously previews of coming films are commercials?

And with all the product placement - were there enough shots of Corona, Dodge Dart/Charger R/T, Alfa Romeo, Nokia, Guess clothing, ad nauseum, in F6 for you - one could argue that these days the entire film is one commercial.whistling.gif

F6 was awesome, BTW, except for the whinging d-bag sitting in front of me b*tching about all the commercials to his wife. Can't wait for F7 as there is a new villain, who has a driving history in films. wink.png

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 2

Back in Scotland,I know we are talking about the cinema, but I never saw adverts at any time watching the television. The only thing I ever watched live was football. I video taped everything I watched, then just ran past the adverts.

Surely the adverts would be a welcome relief from Scottish football?

Yes, unless you are watching Celtic.

• Like 1

Surely the adverts would be a welcome relief from Scottish football?

Yes, unless you are watching Celtic.

I didn't know they televised the training sessions. I've been following Rangers, the best English team (the only English team) in the leagues, but their Glasgow rivals have left them standing this season.

SC

I'm afraid you have me confused here, Rangers? What English team? What great rivals? What Leagues are you talking about? Don't answer any of there questions, I'm not really interested in Scottish 3rd Div teams.

• Like 1

Do they still show the ad for the "new" D-Max Truck where the driver is power slidng it around all over the show?

That's clearly how to advertise a utility truck - forgot carrying capacity etc. Always makes me laugh.

Glad to hear life is so good, that is all you have to worry and comment about! Movie ads! How many off you remember when there were few English language movies to be seen, yet alone shown with English sound track.

• Like 2

Glad to hear life is so good, that is all you have to worry and comment about! Movie ads! How many off you remember when there were few English language movies to be seen, yet alone shown with English sound track.

Most have been much more then 20 years ago as they had them then.

+1 and I would like to add that where i live cinemas are banned, so enjoy the freedom!wink.png