Can We Have A "don't Like" Button Please?

Gsxrnz

There used to be a Dislike Button but Jingthing broke it.

Or could it have been theblether? coffee1.gif Enough with the GOSSIP. These decisions are made by the people who run the board. Members do not run this esteemed DISCUSSION forum.

Friendly suggestion: there are plenty of outlets for online GOSSIP addicts. Facebook I hear is popular.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or could it have been theblether? coffee1.gif Enough with the gossip. These decisions are made by the people who run the board. Members do not run the board.

I'd like to have a "not particularly bothered" button. the apathetic don't get any consideration. Someone ought to do something about it.

• Like 1

Or could it have been theblether? coffee1.gif Enough with the GOSSIP. These decisions are made by the people who run the board. Members do not run this esteemed DISCUSSION forum.

Friendly suggestion: there are plenty of outlets for online GOSSIP addicts. Facebook I hear is popular.

Gossip? What gossip? what am I missing out on?

I bet you wish there was a `Don't Like` button now..laugh.png

Or could it have been theblether? coffee1.gif Enough with the gossip. These decisions are made by the people who run the board. Members do not run the board.
I'd like to have a "not particularly bothered" button. the apathetic don't get any consideration. Someone ought to do something about it.

Nah. Can't be bothered.

• Like 1

A "don't like" button is probably not such a good idea.

There may be posters who will just compete for the most "don't likes" to gain notoriety,

Or just because they are competitive by nature,

And will compete for anything.

Its very negative in every way. I prefer a sunnier outlook on life.

Disagree by all means but do so with a smile.

Anything else is just quackers. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

"I prefer a sunnier outlook on life."

This is of course why so many of us enjoy reading your posts and comments

Not only this, but we like your hammock

Are you a yachtie?

And of course you know the difference between a hammock and a hummock, I suppose?

But did you know that sometimes 'hammock' and 'hummock' can be used correctly and interchangeably when speaking about those mounds down near the water's edge.

It mostly depends on where the speaker is speaking, if it is in some parts of the Southeastern US, then this is true.

As far as I know.

Edited by OldChinaHam

"I prefer a sunnier outlook on life."

This is of course why so many of us enjoy reading your posts and comments

Not only this, but we like your hammock

Are you a yachtie?

And of course you know the difference between a hammock and a hummock, I suppose?

But did you know that sometimes 'hammock' and 'hummock' can be used correctly and interchangeably when speaking about those mounds down near the water's edge.

It mostly depends on where the speaker is speaking, if it is in some parts of the Southeastern US, then this is true.

As far as I know.

I'm not a yachtie....but I can recommend sailing a yacht around the Andaman Sea at night....particularly if there is no cloud cover in the early morning....the stars right down to the horizon are a memory i will never forget.

Simply dazzling!

Edit: Sorry for rambling off topic.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

"Simply dazzling!"

No one forgets this, even if not on such a small yacht, watching the porpoise riding the bow wave making eerie but beautiful long green trails in the phosphorescent water in the darkness below.

And you are right about the stars. After over 40 years, it is still something not to be forgotten.

I should return.

• Like 1

"Simply dazzling!"

No one forgets this, even if not on such a small yacht, watching the porpoise riding the bow wave making eerie but beautiful long green trails in the phosphorescent water in the darkness below.

And you are right about the stars. After over 40 years, it is still something not to be forgotten.

I should return.

Phospherescence on Long beach on Koh Lanta right at the shoreline created by the small crabs....lovely to sit and watch for a while after an indugence.

You see....we have turned this into a like like thread without even noticing. smile.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to get raped over this post, but here goes.

Who thinks it would be a good idea to have a "Don't Like" button on TV?

That way, anybody who dislikes a particularly arrogant/insulting/abusive/negative type post can simply "Don't Like" the post rather than have to try and argue with the poster, usually getting nowhere and it just ends up derailing the topic anyway.

Most of us enjoy intelligent discussion but let's face it, with some posters here it's like a brick wall - and I for one cannot be bothered trying to counter their opinions because it's been proven to be a waste of time in thread after thread.

If I made a post and got 457 "Don't Likes", I'd be rethinking my attitude. I assume others would do the same.

So....if you want a "Don't Like" button, just press "Like This" for this post and see if we can get a result. If I only get 3 likes, c'est la vie! Posted Image

Abusive comments expected. Constructive comments welcomed. Posted Image

I have a dislike button.

Wanna see it. ;-?)

you would probaly get posters competing with each other to get the most dont like ticks.

That's exactly what happened.

Jingthing won.

I wonder why he disliked ( pun intended ) the button so much, since after all he was a winner .whistling.gif

Well, we don't have a dislike button ... but we do now have a new form of expression ... facepalm.gif

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Works for me!

I'm sure it will be well employed in future posts!

Surprised how fast my addition was noticed. Someone asked about a facepalm a few days ago so thought, why not? biggrin.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, we don't have a dislike button ... but we do now have a new form of expression ... facepalm.gif

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Works for me!

I'm sure it will be well employed in future posts!

Surprised how fast my addition was noticed. Someone asked about a facepalm a few days ago so thought, why not? biggrin.png

thank you !

:wai:

If we must have a don't like button, then I might vote for this:

350019-fish-faces05.jpg

Simply because this is one of the most enigmatic and empathetic buttons I have seen swimming around below me.

You could sort of use this dislike button and no one would know you disliked anything, which I do not usually.

It is ugly, but also very cute, and I used to swim with them all the time.

Maybe someone here could please use photoshop or something to make this more into a button without taking this too far out of character.

IMO: The solution is simple. Unassociated likes or dislikes.

i.e. if I like or dislike someone it remains anonymous.

I'd prefer this as on occasion I feel that I agree with some posters so much that a little overindulgence with the like button could give the impression of a cyber hard-on... Equally so, in some topics some posters are so disagreeable I want them shot...

As all opinions are welcome, good or bad, agreeable or not, thought provoking or antagonistic, the idea of anonymously tapping a like or dislike avoids the clique issue while maintaining a measure of 'cyber-social-accountability'....

I'd prefer this as on occasion I feel that I agree with some posters so much that a little overindulgence with the like button could give the impression of a cyber hard-on... Equally so, in some topics some posters are so disagreeable I want them shot...

As all opinions are welcome, good or bad, agreeable or not, thought provoking or antagonistic, the idea of anonymously tapping a like or dislike avoids the clique issue while maintaining a measure of 'cyber-social-accountability'....

1473674_550x550_0.jpg

The concept of anonymous Likes is a good one.

I'm not in favour of any dislike button though.

Edited by BookMan

Oh the irony....dp.....

HaiXianJiang, as you say, is the best.

I think that there should never be a dislike for TianMianJiang either.

The best and the crispiest duck you will find, is found in Beijing.

Hoi.....what ever you call it, is the HK rendition.

The main thing is to use all your strength to blow your duck, with your lungs,

Full of air, so that it becomes crispy.

This is like working in a glass factory probably.

I would never have a dislike button for crispy Beijing duck which I had blown full of air, either.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Didn't it used to be called writing? If people want to banter, but you don't, you would restrict their speech?

IMO forums that use these social blahhhg facebook type dis/approval buttons are doing a disservice to the minority opinion, protection of which- from the mob is a basis of healthy discourse. It's just so... fourth grade.

If you can't help but get sucked into conversations, claiming not to enjoy, I submit you do enjoy?

There is another option. If you see a post that you don't like simply ignore it.

Because ignoring something implies passive agreement - therefore I'm suggesting an alternative. I didn't realise the subject had been raised before or in fact that there has been a "dislike" button on TV in the past.

Maybe I should have asked for a "I respectfully don't agree" button instead - more PC an' all that! biggrin.png

Edited by EBlair48