Where The Beaches Are Still Clean Asia?

Sandman77

After traveling one month in bali a sadly recogneized that the water is more dirty then in Thailand!

Tons of trash come every day

In Thailand I would say some beach in Ko Tao are clean and similian island!

During the travel someone told me also east coast of Malaysia is dirty!

Are the any websites avalible showing the current water quality?

Every traveler should talk a bottle of water of every beach and bring it to the water analyse labor!

Maybe in 10 15 years all beaches are closed! And all the fish are gone, and maybe the people also that eat that posion fish!

How the controlls of seafood in Thailand looks like?

When I first came to Thailand backpacking, I remember volunteering to clean the beach on Phi Phi island in the morning. It was full of beer bottles, plastic bottles all kinds of crap. Then everyone would wake up to a clean beautiful beach none the wiser, quite sad really.

When I first came to Thailand backpacking, I remember volunteering to clean the beach on Phi Phi island in the morning. It was full of beer bottles, plastic bottles all kinds of crap. Then everyone would wake up to a clean beautiful beach none the wiser, quite sad really.

But did you have a work permit? Today, you'd probably be rounded up and sent packing...

• Like 2

Probably the most reliable way to absolutely thrash a beautiful beach in Asia is to use it as a setting for a movie.

Second on the list would be to call it a "beautiful, unspoiled beach" in the mainstream travel guides.

Third on the list would be to build an airport to make it easier for "adventurers" to get to without actually putting out any effort.

I agree with all the points you made. I wonder if Burma is willing to throw all that away for Profit?

Probably the most reliable way to absolutely thrash a beautiful beach in Asia is to use it as a setting for a movie.

Second on the list would be to call it a "beautiful, unspoiled beach" in the mainstream travel guides.

Third on the list would be to build an airport to make it easier for "adventurers" to get to without actually putting out any effort.

Sad but true. The amount of plastic floating around the oceans of the world could fill a mountain and nobody with the power to do anything about it seems to care.

if want to see an absolutely great beach , go to wineglass bay in Tasmania . So sad to see the beaches in Thailand getting worst . Went to krabi last Christmas and I was amazed how it has go so dirty from the previous Christmas I went there.

Palau has cleanest water & fantastic for fishing, diving or all watersport.. The republic of Palau is a US Commonwealth country where you do not need a American visa to visit, anyone can get a visa on arrival too..

• Like 1

But did you have a work permit? Today, you'd probably be rounded up and sent packing...

Yes, to the funny farm.

There are several issues named by the OP here: Water quality and washed up trash. As the oceans are full of trash, every beach will get its share, so it becomes a question of "which beach is regularly cleaned?".

Is there a website regarding water quality in SE Asia? Would be nice to check.

• Like 1

Yes, to the funny farm.

You sound like a charitable old bugger sad.png

if want to see an absolutely great beach , go to wineglass bay in Tasmania . So sad to see the beaches in Thailand getting worst . Went to krabi last Christmas and I was amazed how it has go so dirty from the previous Christmas I went there.

+1... Stunning beach Wineglass

Similar subject.. We have a waterfall near our house, gets very busy with locals on holidays and weekends. The state of the place after people have left is ridiculous. My wife and I have on a couple of occasions tried to pick up as much as we can but it is an endless task. The locals don't seem to mind spending their free time playing amongst all their sh*t !!! Oh well, you can only do what you can do...

• Like 2

Japanese beaches are horrible too. We used to have a beach clean up at the beginning of good summer weather so the place was clean to use. Only 6 weeks of summer so it didn't have to last long. Dirty used syringes would wash up on the beaches and the Japanese blamed the Russians. Trash is cleanable but possibly dangerous hospital waste is just plain nasty.

Be glad that's not what's on the beaches in Thailand, but BE CAREFUL just in case.

Philippines, virgin beaches with clear water as much as you want. It's more then 7,000 islands of which less then half inhabited, so imagine...

img_17911.jpg

Panglao Island, Siquor Island to name a few of over 7000 beaches that are clean and pristine in the PI. Don't even try in Manila, and Cebu City they have cesspool beaches like Thailand.

Philippines, virgin beaches with clear water as much as you want. It's more then 7,000 islands of which less then half inhabited, so imagine...

img_17911.jpg

Not really,Philippines is one trick pony. A few nice beaches, a lot of very crappy beaches and a whole lot of desperate and dangerous rabble.

• Like 1

Panglao Island, Siquor Island to name a few of over 7000 beaches that are clean and pristine in the PI. Don't even try in Manila, and Cebu City they have cesspool beaches like Thailand.

img_17911.jpg

Panglao is awful,absolutely ruined by Germans and their dive schools everywhere,plus the water is 2 feet deep 200 meteres out!A shame really because the rest of Bohol is beautiful and 95% of houses are built out of nothing more than wood and thatched roofs.Hiring a bike and drive up to Chocolate Hills past the Tarsier sanctuaries & the Loboc River,into the middle of the island is a must.
If you want to see some beautiful beaches try Santa Fe on Bantayan Island,also Malapascua & Camotes Islands.Even in Cebu there are beautiful beaches like Moalboal,where you can dive with the Whale Sharks.

Edited by Eesat
  • Like 1

From a water quality perspective, I wouldn't feel comfortable swimming (really swimming) at any beach anywhere in Thailand, considering how sewage and wastewater is handled (isn't handled) here.

But I'm sure Thailand isn't the only place I'd say that about... Consider, for example, that refuse from the Japanese earthquake and tsunami eventually ended up washing up on the shores of the U.S. thousands of miles away.

Put bad stuff in the ocean, and it doesn't just stay put in the same location.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Very nice clean beaches in Viet Nam. Da Nang, Nha Trang, Ca Na and many others.

The dirtiest beach i have ever seen was in Vietnam, Mui Ne was the beach, it was disgusting, plastic botttles and bags floating in the water.

Pattaya is another beach i would not swim in, The best beach in asia is Nusa Dua in Bali, white sand and the ocean looks like tap water..it is so crystal clear.