Facebook Users Join Anti-Govt Campaign

webfact

I wonder , who is behind these "facebook- users", who join an anti- government campaign.

If these are really students or the likes, who are calling for more democracy and transparency...good.

But I guess, it might be something/someone else behind it...someone who will not make it any better than the recent government, someone who might make things worse. Some folks on here should be careful what they wish for.

just my 2 satang

Regardless of the messenger, what do you think of the message?

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they have any interest in the ancient history of a distant, small country which has very little influence on Thailand?

Possibly because the parliamentary system which is a central element of the Thai constitution is modelled on the example of that distant island, the parliament that Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up.

Well the organizers of this campaign would have to convince the nation wide majority of the rural and poor peasants, rice farmers et. al, who have voted their heroes to power. And many of them do not even have Internet or let's say, adequate Internet connection in their provinces...

How will the campaigners ever gonna stop the brainwashing of those people which already goes beyond brain damage repair...

That's gonna be the challenge...

Well the organizers of this campaign would have to convince the nation wide majority of the rural and poor peasants, rice farmers et. al, who have voted their heroes to power. And many of them do not even have Internet or let's say, adequate Internet connection in their provinces...

How will the campaigners ever gonna stop the brainwashing of those people which already goes beyond brain damage repair...

• It is more and more to see what they did and do for their supporters.
  • You cannot damage something, which is not existing.

Brainwashing?

If you want to talk brainwashing, I'd consider the side that has the no talking rule.

Another propaganda piece from The Nation, prepping the sheep for another coup.

Who believes the crap the print I wonder?

It seems the government believes it:

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said he and party legal experts would meet today to discuss legal action against the Facebook users, who use the white mask from the Hollywood movie 'V for Vendetta' as their profile photo.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642213-thai-govt-threatens-action-against-masked-facebook-users

• Like 1

Why would they have any interest in the ancient history of a distant, small country which has very little influence on Thailand?

Possibly because the parliamentary system which is a central element of the Thai constitution is modelled on the example of that distant island, the parliament that Guy Fawkes attempted to blow up.

Strangely enough, at the time the Thai constitution was written there were quite a few other parliamentary democracies around, and while there a few similarities to the English system of 1600, there are just as many dissimilarities. Should "educated" thais be required to learn the history of all, starting with the ancient Greeks? Or is your criticism due to your anglocentric view of the world?

BTW Thai education policy makers might be reluctant to include incidents of attempted regicide.

I wonder , who is behind these "facebook- users", who join an anti- government campaign.

If these are really students or the likes, who are calling for more democracy and transparency...good.

But I guess, it might be something/someone else behind it...someone who will not make it any better than the recent government, someone who might make things worse. Some folks on here should be careful what they wish for.

just my 2 satang

Does that answer your question?

But in this case, I find it hard to separate the two!

Strangely enough, at the time the Thai constitution was written there were quite a few other parliamentary democracies around, and while there a few similarities to the English system of 1600, there are just as many dissimilarities. Should "educated" thais be required to learn the history of all, starting with the ancient Greeks? Or is your criticism due to your anglocentric view of the world?

BTW Thai education policy makers might be reluctant to include incidents of attempted regicide.

I'm afraid whether you like it or not - and you clearly don't - all parliamentary systems including that of Thailand are modelled to a greater or lesser extent on the British one.That's why the British parliament is known as the Mother of Parliaments.It doesn't mean that each country doesn't adopt characteristics from other models or tailor to take account of local considerations - but the basic model is British.

I'm afraid whether you like it or not - and you clearly don't - all parliamentary systems including that of Thailand are modelled to a greater or lesser extent on the British one.That's why the British parliament is known as the Mother of Parliaments.It doesn't mean that each country doesn't adopt characteristics from other models or tailor to take account of local considerations - but the basic model is British.

You assume I don't like it? Wrong , I don't like your condescending attitude that Thais should know of some obscure 400 year-old piece of English history before they use a protest concept from a recent movie.

• Like 1

You assume I don't like it? Wrong , I don't like your condescending attitude that Thais should know of some obscure 400 year-old piece of English history before they use a protest concept from a recent movie.

Guy Fawkes is hardly obscure.

However even if the cultural reference is only to the V for Vendetta movie (which I have seen) it still betrays asinine stupidity and lack of understanding - given the subject matter and context of the movie - on the part of those extreme right wing reactionaries who are so quick to condemn "uneducate" people.Ignorant tossers.

• Like 2

However even if the cultural reference is only to the V for Vendetta movie (which I have seen) it still betrays asinine stupidity and lack of understanding - given the subject matter and context of the movie - on the part of those extreme right wing reactionaries who are so quick to condemn "uneducate" people.Ignorant tossers.

I have to agree that those who condemn people for their lack of education are "tossers" - that was the point that I was making.

• Like 1

I have to agree that those who condemn people for their lack of education are "tossers" - that was the point that I was making.

I don't condemn people for their lack of education, far from it - especially since intelligence isn't limited to the well educated.

I do condemn those who preen endlessly about their intelligence and moral superiority (like the fascists we are discussing), when the truth is they are both stupid and self centred.

I don't condemn people for their lack of education, far from it - especially since intelligence isn't limited to the well educated.

I do condemn those who preen endlessly about their intelligence and moral superiority (like the fascists we are discussing), when the truth is they are both stupid and self centred.

cheesy.gif

But I guess, it might be something/someone else behind it...someone who will not make it any better than the recent government, someone who might make things worse.

so, it registers a "good", then

post-180139-0-02215900-1369623208_thumb.

post-180139-0-75270500-1369623235_thumb.

undisclosed university classroom

"Strangely enough, at the time the Thai constitution was written.."

Do you mean this constitution:-

"The 2007 constitiion of Thailand promulgated in 2007, replacing the 2006 interim constitution promulgated after the army-led September 2006 coup The 2007 Constitution was written by a group of drafters appointed by thr army-led Council for National Security, but was approved by a public referendum. Prior to the referendum, the military junta passed a law making it illegal to publicly criticize the draft Controversial features in the constitution included a partly appointed Senate and amnesty for the leaders of the 2006 coup"

• Like 1

"The 2007 constitiion of Thailand promulgated in 2007, replacing the 2006 interim constitution promulgated after the army-led September 2006 coup The 2007 Constitution was written by a group of drafters appointed by thr army-led Council for National Security, but was approved by a public referendum. Prior to the referendum, the military junta passed a law making it illegal to publicly criticize the draft Controversial features in the constitution included a partly appointed Senate and amnesty for the leaders of the 2006 coup"

No, I mean the original Thai constitution, which though I am assured closely modelled the English system, managed to avoid having a senate made up of inter-bred hi-so snobs decided on nothing more than primogeniture descendency.

so he thinks fast development growth, as he puts it, will foster gov't support and prevent anti-gov't sentiments? Gonna be harder with so many internet users and people more exposed than under the thaksin era ten years back. Gonna be harder to keep people duped with such global communication and the net etc.. The 'fast development growth' was the core of that administration stealing money and creating silly projects for means of corruption. Even slow people should start to catch on...then, hopefully next election all of this red madness will fade....would be nice anyway.

cheesy.gif

My Irony-meter pegged at "Thermonuclear" cheesy.gif

• Like 2

No, I mean the original Thai constitution, which though I am assured closely modelled the English system, managed to avoid having a senate made up of inter-bred hi-so snobs decided on nothing more than primogeniture descendency.

Skating a bit close to the ice with that last comment, aren't we?

Always strikes me as odd that many of the reactionary types on this forum turn

out to be very chippy on matters of class, odd because they give

uncritical support to Thailand's entrenched upper class.Perhaps they

should join their comrades on the red shirt side, paticularly if they

have a big problem with "primogeniture descendency".

• Like 2

"The 2007 constitiion of Thailand promulgated in 2007"

I presumed he meant:

"The 1932 constitution of Thailand promulgated in 1932" when the parliamentary system in Thailand began, but that only makes sense when reading the post in context.

• Like 1

Again you display your misconceptions of both other poster's attitudes and the supposed goals of the red shirt movement. Thais have the inalienable right to decide their own form of government, but primogeniture is recognised as archaic in many of the more advanced societies.

Perhaps you should clean your own house first if you have a problem with entrenched upper class. Does any other society accept that as automatic entry to a senate seat?

But I guess, it might be something/someone else behind it...someone who will not make it any better than the recent government, someone who might make things worse.

so, it registers a "good", then

attachicon.gifanon.jpg

attachicon.gifanon2.jpg

undisclosed university classroom

I'd rather wait how this plays out.

Some things in LOS are not what they seem to be in the end.

I, for one, am laughing out loud. I am sure that before too long, one of the PTP firebrands will get on the band wagon and demand that all posters of desent be arrested and thrown in jail. Good job PTP! This will show the whole world just how evil and corrupt the Taksin Banana Republic really is.

I don't know anyone on this forum that "gives uncritical support to Thailand's entrenched upper class".