Burmese Man Slashed In Phuket Gas Pump Fracas

webfact

Burmese man slashed in Phuket gas pump fracas
Phuket Gazette

bur.jpg
Mr Mao (center) was slashed after he punched a fellow Burmese national in the face for refusing to pay for gas. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Burmese man working as a pump attendant at a Phuket gas station was slashed yesterday after he punched one of five Burmese customers who did not have the money to pay for the gas they had just received.

Patong Police inspector Pratuang Polmana arrived at Patong’s only gas station, the Esso gas station on Phra Barami Road (map here), soon after 3pm.

“We found Mr Mao, 26, with a knife wound to the chest,” Lt Col Pratuang said.

Mr Kai, Mr Mao’s work colleague, told police he saw five Burmese arrive on a motorcycle to fill up with gas.

“But they didn’t have the money to pay for the 100 baht of petrol pumped into their tank,” Col Pratuang explained.

“He saw Mr Mao talk to them for a while and then he [Mr Mao] punched one of them in the face,” he added.

The other Burmese men on the motorbike reacted angrily, with one of them pulling a knife and slashing Mr Mao across his left ribs.

“Mr Mao was taken to Patong Hospital and is in good condition,” Col Pratuang said.

“We are now checking CCTV camera footage of the incident and searching for the five Burmese men,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Burmese-man-slashed-in-Phuket-gas-pump-fracas-21160.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-27

Another idiot self-appointing himself as the Protector of the Realm for Shell Oil and Exxon Mobil. We had another one a few months back acting as Protector of the Realm for Tesco, I believe. He got a knife in his stomach for his loyalty, I believe.

Such dedication!

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Another idiot self-appointing himself as the Protector of the Realm for Shell Oil and Exxon Mobil. We had another one a few months back acting as Protector of the Realm for Tesco, I believe. He got a knife in his stomach for his loyalty, I believe.

Such dedication!

Ahhhh, maybe because the boss checks the amount of litres pumped to the amount of cash received and any shortfall comes out of staff wages.

So, basically, these guys were stealing from the staff, not Shell, Exxon or Mobil.

They don't have to check the liters pumped, only amount to be received. And yes, losses will come out of the attendant's pockets.

idiots ! And anyone carrying a knife should be jailed for life. There is only 1 reason is there not??

What twaddle!

Criminals using a knife or any weapon should receive appropriate sentences. You are suggesting effectively banning knife carrying, which is presuming all who carry a knife have dishonest or criminal intent.

The UK introduced strict laws regarding knife carrying, and news reports show how unsuccessful this has been.

Edited by Baerboxer

I don't like filling up there. Always have to watch them like a hawk, always trying something on. Don't have much sympathy, probably wouldn't have been stabbed if he didn't hit them. Could have got it sorted out a different way.

idiots ! And anyone carrying a knife should be jailed for life. There is only 1 reason is there not??

Peeling your apple?

cleaning under your fingernails. or between your teeth if you can't find a toothpick or floss.whistling.gif

Typical Burmese. Coming over here, stealing our yobs.

Typical Thai attitude to look down on Nationals from surrounding countries.

Yes, what a coveted job he has, pumping gas for a <deleted> wage and being in danger of getting injured as seen here. I'm sure most Thais would kill for such a job, wouldn't they?

Such dedication!

Ahhhh, maybe because the boss checks the amount of litres pumped to the amount of cash received and any shortfall comes out of staff wages.

So, basically, these guys were stealing from the staff, not Shell, Exxon or Mobil.

They don't have to check the liters pumped, only amount to be received. And yes, losses will come out of the attendant's pockets.

And thus, situations such as these will continue to be the "cannon fodder" used daily to ausuage our concern's.

Please indulge the momentary indulgence burp.gif

I don't like filling up there. Always have to watch them like a hawk, always trying something on. Don't have much sympathy, probably wouldn't have been stabbed if he didn't hit them. Could have got it sorted out a different way.

I also avoid that station. I don't mind sometimes giving a tip to gas station workers, but it's up to me if I wish to do it.

One time, at that station, I got something like 93 bath of fuel and when paying with 100B bill, I did not seem to get any money back.

At that point I asked an written receipt with the return money, which they understandably hate to do, as it takes a lot of time.

Yes, what a coveted job he has, pumping gas for a <deleted> wage and being in danger of getting injured as seen here. I'm sure most Thais would kill for such a job, wouldn't they?

Oh Mrdome...you really need to check out the definition of 'Humour'....!
  • Like 1

Yes perhaps the attendant got angry as they couldn't pay, and the customers were upset that he hadn't zeroed the meter prior to pumping!

Such dedication!

I read some time back about a fast food chain in the USA that would immediately fire an employee who took it upon himself to accost a perpetrator.

I have carried a knife almost everyday for the last 16 years of living here. For 23 years before moving here, again everyday. Haven't stabbed anyone yet.

Why would you want to 'jail for life' anyone carrying a knife? Some people need to do this for reasons of safety and not violence.

• Like 1

Such dedication!

True, but you forget that this job is not compulsory, and therefore no one has a gun to his head.

And in defense of your view, how do we know that one of his mates could come in and steal and they would divide it up later.

There are posts herein of the pump attendants ripping people off as well.

One never knows. Trying to get into their heads and solve their problems is an exercise in futility.

Care to point out where I mentioned anything at all about jobs?

just one gasoline station in patong i wonder why 555

I have wondered about that...and it's been that way a long time. Pain in the @ss sometimes.

...and it's not as if they are the most trustworthy bunch.

Does anyone know the reason? Police owned, mafia protected?

just one gasoline station in patong i wonder why 555

I have wondered about that...and it's been that way a long time. Pain in the @ss sometimes.

...and it's not as if they are the most trustworthy bunch.

Does anyone know the reason? Police owned, mafia protected?

Not at all actually town planning restrictions....clap2.gif yes true!!

Only allowed in med/low density areas..[which are non existant really]..according to town planning dept

Apparently the ''only one'' is also illegal, but because has been in existance pre-town planning, is allowed to stay....