74 Arrested In Pattaya Police Beach Clean-Up

Rimmer

74 arrested in Pattaya Police Beach Clean-up

drugs-33.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya Police along with Police Volunteers conducted one of their regular late-night clean-up operations on Pattaya Beach early on Monday Morning and arrested a total of 74 people which includes one suspected drug dealer and a man wanted for murder.

44 Ladyboys and 28 suspected drug users were detained and taken to Pattaya Police Station along with the two other suspects who were named as Khun Tira aged 29 and Khun Seng aged 48.

Khun Tira was arrested at the front of Soi 10 on Pattaya Beach Road and was caught in possession of 28 Yabba Tablets and 0.78g of Crystal Methamphetamine.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/88629/74-arrested-pattaya-police-beach-clean-up/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-05-27

I wish there was some kind of sms alert service to inform us when a cleanup just took place and it's safe to take a walk on beach road

Excellent idea

That would be a pretty small window of opportunity methinks....................wink.png

• Like 2

How can someone have a fight in a police prison cell, kill someone, and the be out and about, with a warrant for his arrest?

When you tell these stories to people outside of Thailand, they think you are making them up and joking!

They are taking Beach Road clean-up to ridiculous lengths! I was there last night at 1am (Tues) in my car. The road was under one foot of water. Plastic barriers were floating in the current. This after the flood readiness meeting last week!

How can someone have a fight in a police prison cell, kill someone, and the be out and about, with a warrant for his arrest?

When you tell these stories to people outside of Thailand, they think you are making them up and joking!

He was released to ensure the safety and inviolability of the other inmates. If you had a Thai mind, that would make perfect sense.

• Like 1

Interesting of the 74 people , 44 were ladyboys.... My god, in the Thai efforts to stop crime on beach road, those dastardly police are using profiling !!

Two very good points on that subject, and I am curious what the transgender and gay community have to say about that. On the one hand, this smells of discrimination, and on the other hand, if the police are doing this on the basis of proof, then they need to come clean with this proof so as not to offend the transgender and gay community. I would also think that the transgender and gay community would be taking an interest in this, as opposed to ignoring the plight of people who fit the description of being categorized into their ranks and file. This is stated with sincerity, of course.

The rounding up is useless, as I am certain all will agree there is no lasting effect worthwhile. What interests me most is that this is carried out with impunity by the police and these transgenders do not protest or form some kind of union and sue the police over what I consider their right to be there just as much as anyone else as long as they obey they law.

"Rounding up" people over nothing more than suspicion is a clear violation of a human being's right to walk and sit and engage in conversation with strangers in public. It is badgering and harassment on the basis of a person's appearance (profiling). Without all the nasty sarcasm, and if they are indeed not breaking any law, then this is a crime, in my opinion to "round up" someone over nothing, or no violation being cited and substantiated.

So why don't the police say exactly why the transgenders are being rounded up? I can understand being in possession of an illegal substance, but what about the right to enjoy being in a known area where the line between loitering and relaxing in composure is very thin?

Just curious is all. If I were a transgender or a part of the gay community, I would be all over city hall demanding a reason.