Getting Ready For The 1 Year Extension Based On Marriage

You cannot do it that early.

Norm is 30 days at most offices. Bangkok and a few other offices it is 45 days.

Hmmm. I'll leave and return in Feb, giving me an entry till May, but will leave again in March and then my visa will expire while I am out. My current entry is until March, is it possible to use a re-entry permit and avoid being stamped for a whole new 90 days when returning?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a non o visa multiple entry and want to go for a 1 year extension based on marriage, I understand all the requirements needed from looking on here, but my question is that I got my 90 day stamp when returning to Thailand on the 10th of January 2014 giving me 90 days till the 9th of April 2014 and my non o visa expired on the 28th of January 2014 so can I apply for the 1 year extension in this 90 days or do you have to do it before the enter before date (28th January 2014) that would mean getting another visa?

Thanks for any help

Hi All,

I have a non o visa multiple entry and want to go for a 1 year extension based on marriage, I understand all the requirements needed from looking on here, but my question is that I got my 90 day stamp when returning to Thailand on the 10th of January 2014 giving me 90 days till the 9th of April 2014 and my non o visa expired on the 28th of January 2014 so can I apply for the 1 year extension in this 90 days or do you have to do it before the enter before date (28th January 2014) that would mean getting another visa?

Thanks for any help

The Permitted to Stay Until date in your passport is what is important; the fact that you are past the 'Enter Before' date i.e. your visa is no longer valid for entry is irrelevant as you are already here in Thailand.

Apply for the extension not more than 30 days before the Permiited to Stay Until date, although it seems to be in some areas now that they will accept applications up to 45 days before.

Whether you apply 45 days before or 1 day before, if successful, the one year extension will run from the Permiited to Stay date, not the application date.

Edited by digitalchromakey

• 2 months later...

All right, one year has almost passed, and it's time to get ready for another extension!

Looks like I need to get another proof-of-income letter. I called my embassy and they told me that they could send me another letter via post, no need for a trip to Bangkok :) That's great news. I've asked if I could get multiple letters at once, like 3 or 4, so I won't need to ask again next year, and they said yes, it's no problem.

So my question is, is there any expiration date for those Proof-of-Income-Letters-Delivered-by-Embassy?

Update:

All documents submitted today at the ChonBuri Immigration in Jomtien:

- They did not want the affirmation to marry.

- They did not ask for an up-to-date KR2.

- They did not want the inside/outside/front-door/building pictures, they only wanted one picture showing both of us. No copy required.

- The did not need 3 copies of the TM.7 forms (like stated in this post), 2 were enough.

- My 3-pages rental contract provided by a registered estate agency showing 3 signatures (owner, agency and renter), the agency's stamp and a copy of the owner's passport was not enough. They provided me with a special form that had to be filled by the owner, which declares hosting a foreigner in his property. Because the owner wasn't in Thailand I had to have this form filled by the agency renting his apartment, plus a special letter stating that the agency has full power to represent the owner!

phhhuuu! finally done!

Here is a summary for newcomers that will use the ChonBuri Immigration office in Jomtien:

• x2 copies of the form TM.7 (download, note: must print on one sheet)
    Make sure to complete all the information properly and attach two passport-sized pictures.
    Most of the information can be found in your passport, except for your address for which you'll have to use the one in your rental contract (in case you are renting).
  • Your Original Passport;
  • x2 copies of your Passport Main Page, Visa Page (Non-Immigrant O), Entry Stamp Page and Departure Card;
  • x2 copies of your KhorRor.2 and KhorRor.3 (or KhorRor.22 if you got married aboard);
    Those documents were provided to you when you got married (or registered your marriage) at the Amphoe.
  • x2 copies of the Thai ID Card of your wife;
  • x2 copies of the House Registration of your wife;
  • x2 copies of your Rental Contract + x2 copies of the Form Attesting that the Owner/Agency is hosting you;
    If the agency fills the above form, you will also need a letter attesting that the agency has full power to represent the owner.
    (Doesn't apply if you're owning a property, in which case the documents attesting your ownership should be enough.)
    Note: In all cases the address must match the one written on the form TM.7 above.
  • Original + x1 copy of the Letter provided by your Embassy attesting a monthly income of no less than 40 000 bath;
    Most embassies provide this letter quit easily (no proof required).
    Alternative option: having 400 000 bath in your Thai Bank Account for the past two months.
  • 1 or more Original Photos showing you and your wife Together in your residence;
    Printed pictures are OK.
  • x2 copies of a Map to your Residence;
    Hand Written or Printed Google Maps are OK.
  • 1900 baht
Additional note: You will have to sign the Copies of your Passport. Your wife will have to sign the Copies of her ID Card and House Registration.
It's not that hard after all. Perhaps the Chon-Buri Immigration office make it easier than it is for other offices.

Also, is there anything new regarding the proof of address? I remember that last year my Rental Contract was not enough:

- My 3-pages rental contract provided by a registered estate agency showing 3 signatures (owner, agency and renter), the agency's stamp and a copy of the owner's passport was not enough. They provided me with a special form that had to be filled by the owner, which declares hosting a foreigner in his property. Because the owner wasn't in Thailand I had to have this form filled by the agency renting his apartment, plus a special letter stating that the agency has full power to represent the owner!

Could anybody clarify precisely what documents are required today for people renting a property?

Thank you!

Also, is there anything new regarding the proof of address? I remember that last year my Rental Contract was not enough:

Could anybody clarify precisely what documents are required today for people renting a property?

Thank you!

Nothing new re proof of address in Thailand.

Required papers vary from area to area.

In Phuket they were asking for a current copy of the rental contract (with valid dates), copy of the house book signed by the landlord plus a copy of the landlord's ID card, also signed.

• Like 1

Thank you!

Nothing new re proof of address in Thailand.

Required papers vary from area to area.

In Phuket they were asking for a current copy of the rental contract (with valid dates), copy of the house book signed by the landlord plus a copy of the landlord's ID card, also signed.

Thanks for the reply!

My area is Chon-Buri (Jomtien), if somebody knows if the copy of house book is required here (as it wasn't last year) I would appreciate it, thanks again!

By reading your post 137 in this htread it seems Jomtiem Immigration wanted your landlord to report the stay of a foreigner in his house and gave the form to do that. As thas has been done now and if you didn't move to another address, just the reantal contract should be fine.

• Like 1

By reading your post 137 in this htread it seems Jomtiem Immigration wanted your landlord to report the stay of a foreigner in his house and gave the form to do that. As thas has been done now and if you didn't move to another address, just the reantal contract should be fine.

Thank you, that's great news! I didn't move condo since last year.

They have this information in their computer system?

The proof of income letter will only be accepted by immigration if it is less than 6 months old. You need to get a new one every year. I suggest though getting it shortly before you plan on applying.

• Like 1

All right, one year has almost passed, and it's time to get ready for another extension!

Looks like I need to get another proof-of-income letter. I called my embassy and they told me that they could send me another letter via post, no need for a trip to Bangkok smile.png That's great news. I've asked if I could get multiple letters at once, like 3 or 4, so I won't need to ask again next year, and they said yes, it's no problem.

So my question is, is there any expiration date for those Proof-of-Income-Letters-Delivered-by-Embassy?

Can you specify what country's embassy does this? That would be cool if it were the USA or UK embassy.

Looks like I need to get another proof-of-income letter. I called my embassy and they told me that they could send me another letter via post, no need for a trip to Bangkok smile.png That's great news. I've asked if I could get multiple letters at once, like 3 or 4, so I won't need to ask again next year, and they said yes, it's no problem.

Can you specify what country's embassy does this? That would be cool if it were the USA or UK embassy.

The UK embassy does the income letters by mail. The US embassy does not.

Immigration will not accept an income letter that is more than 6 months old.

They're likely to bill you for each copy (audit chain an' all that) therefore anyone needing more that one copy during the same year should scan & print the original when it arrives.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, this is a lot of great information. However, I have one or two questions for the experts out there.

My situation:

• I work offshore so I come and go every other month (been living in TH for many years so the banking and all those other issues are not a problem).
  • I am getting married in mid June 2014 to my long suffering girlfriend who has stuck with me for 7 years.
  • I marry on weekend of 14/15, go to Amphur Monday morning after the wedding to apply/obtain the marriage cert (already have the document from my Embassy to confirm I am not polygamous)
  • then plan to fly to HK for a couple of days (June 17-20) and whilst there, obtain the 30 day "O" visa.
  • Friday June 21, hurry over to the Immigration Palace on Chaengwattana (yay) to apply for extension and multiple re-entry.
  • Fly out to work again on the following Monday night (June 24).

I am not all that confident that this tight schedule is going to work (paperwork delays etc) so I am wondering if its possible to get the multiple entry extension when I get back with the visa from Hong Kong, go to work and then come back a month later when I have more time, and finish the whole process. I was planning a trip to HK anyhow in June so this fits nicely, otherwise, I will just go again in late July.

Any comments? thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Otherwise, I will just get the Tourist visa again in HK (in June) and worry about the whole O visa process when there is more time in July.

Thanks guys

wai.gif

Thanks guys, this is a lot of great information. However, I have one or two questions for the experts out there.

My situation:

• I work offshore so I come and go every other month (been living in TH for many years so the banking and all those other issues are not a problem).
  • I am getting married in mid June 2014 to my long suffering girlfriend who has stuck with me for 7 years.
  • I marry on weekend of 14/15, go to Amphur Monday morning after the wedding to apply/obtain the marriage cert (already have the document from my Embassy to confirm I am not polygamous)
  • then plan to fly to HK for a couple of days (June 17-20) and whilst there, obtain the 30 day "O" visa.
  • Friday June 21, hurry over to the Immigration Palace on Chaengwattana (yay) to apply for extension and multiple re-entry.
  • Fly out to work again on the following Monday night (June 24).

I am not all that confident that this tight schedule is going to work (paperwork delays etc) so I am wondering if its possible to get the multiple entry extension when I get back with the visa from Hong Kong, go to work and then come back a month later when I have more time, and finish the whole process. I was planning a trip to HK anyhow in June so this fits nicely, otherwise, I will just go again in late July.

Any comments? thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Otherwise, I will just get the Tourist visa again in HK (in June) and worry about the whole O visa process when there is more time in July.

Thanks guys

wai.gif

The Single Non 'O' from HK will actually give you a 90 day entry, so when you get back to Thailand go to immigration on Monday 24th June and get a Single Re-Entry Permit (1,000 THB) then when you leave/return to Thailand in one Month, you will be stamped in to the same 'Admitted Until' date as when you got the 90 day non 'O' entry when you came back from Thailand.

After you get back from work you will then have almost two months to sort out your Extension of Permission to Stay based on Thai Family (Spouse) at leisure.

Good luck to you both.

Hopefully a simple question but I just can't find an answer. I'm working here in Bangkok under a Non-Imm B visa. I married a Thai last year so I'm now eligible for the extension based on Thai wife. Here's the question, it's my understanding that I need a non-O visa to do this. How do I convert my non-B to a non-O? Can I do this without leaving the country? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

If your income is 40k baht or more you can use your income from working by showing tax payments and your work permit.

As said there is not need to do anything other than changing the reason for your extension of stay.

Hopefully a simple question but I just can't find an answer. I'm working here in Bangkok under a Non-Imm B visa. I married a Thai last year so I'm now eligible for the extension based on Thai wife. Here's the question, it's my understanding that I need a non-O visa to do this. How do I convert my non-B to a non-O? Can I do this without leaving the country? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

No change of visa entry class is required.

Just apply for an Extension of Permission to Stay based on Thai Family (Spouse) - National Police Order 777/2551 Case 2.18.

Edited by digitalchromakey

• 2 months later...

Last year I got my first marriage VISA at the Savannakhet offices (no income etc needed) so I now plan on getting the extension at the Bangkok office. What I'm not sure about is the difference between the 2 VISAs but I think with the extension I won't be able to travel outside of Thailand without paying for a re-entry permit? If this is the situation is there anyway to get a similar multi-entry VISA on the extension without leaving the country? If it's 1,800 for the extension and 5,000 for the multi-entry I am more than definite to cross border 3+ times in the year (3 x 1000Bt + re-entry permit) so it maybe best to just go with the multi-entry VISA from an embassy outside? Is this the situation?

Also I will be going with the income option where I get probably 60,000 Baht per month but it is to two separate accounts (30 in each) and one account is a shared account with family. Will the shared account be questioned? I can show the other finances of 400,000+ in other accounts but definitely don't want to send it to a Thai account. Is the process for at the UK Embassy for affidavit easy enough? Also I have a condo in Bangkok worth a good few mil, should I try use this as leverage but I know it's not liquid money as they probably are looking for.

Lastly, has there been any changes since the recent shakeups?

Thanks in advance.

A