More Than 1,000 Dog Skulls Unearthed In Ayutthaya

webfact

More than 1,000 dog skulls unearthed in Ayutthaya
By Coconuts Bangkok

AYUTTHAYA: -- While extinguishing a blaze at a garbage dump earlier this week, firefighters in Ayutthaya discovered more than 1,000 dog skulls buried along with the site’s refuse.

This cache of skulls has led some to speculate that the dogs were killed in order to provide grist to a nearby meatball plant.

The garbage dump, located near the Wang Noi district, was not officially designated for the purpose of dumping and in fact had a “For Sale” sign planted on its premises.

This clandestine status may have helped meatball manufacturers disguise their activities.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/30/more-1000-dog-skulls-unearthed-ayutthaya

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-31

Or meatballs (wonder if they were exporting them to the UK) ? whistling.gif

meatball plant, meatball manufacturers

I wonder if they are referring to those little balls of meat-like substance you see on the vendor's carts ? (I never try them as I have no idea what they are, or what they're made of.)

I wonder if they are referring to those little balls of meat-like substance you see on the vendor's carts ? (I never try them as I have no idea what they are, or what they're made of.)

What was that IKEA problem a little while back????

All this dog smuggling/killing can be avoided (at least for a major part) if the government really wants to do something about it. I wouldn't be surprised if in fact they support it... An easy way to get rid of the poor dogs.

PT is stealing/spending billions trough controversial schemes but not a penny is spend on this cruel dog business.

• Like 2

Scores of dog skulls dumped in Ayutthaya feared to involve meatball factory

AYUTTHAYA, 31 May 2013 (NNT) – Thousands of dog heads have been found dumped in the woods in Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya province, raising concern among locals who worried that the carcasses may have something to do with a nearby meatball factory.

Firefighters discovered the dog skulls when they were putting out a blaze at the site. According to the locals, the plot on which the discovery has been put up for sale by its owner, and that unidentified trucks have been coming to the plot to dump off garbage without the owner's knowledge. The locals were unaware that dog skulls were among the items discarded.

Phayom sub-district municipality mayor Ruechai Saeng-ngen-on said locals told him trucks have been sneaking in and dumping garbage at the site for many months. The plot is far enough from the closest community that nobody has smelled the carcasses.

Mr. Ruechai said locals are worried dog meat may have been used to make meatballs at a local meatball factory. However, he said an inspection has to be conducted because the skulls may have come from somewhere else, and the fire may have been set to destroy the carcasses.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-05-31 footer_n.gif

I love those fermented pork 'meat' balls! But not from the street vendors - Big C sell them. So I know their source is quality controlled. crazy.gif

• Like 1

This is a lot more serious than some people think, if the story is true. It could cause serious damage to the processed meat industry.

Aside from that, it is a public health threat.

I just hope they don't ask Chalerm to take charge.

I love those fermented pork 'meat' balls! But not from the street vendors - Big C sell them. So I know their source is quality controlled. crazy.gif

that,s rough,hit-the-fan.gif rough

• Like 1

Meatballs that no doubt end up in a Subway Meatball Marinara... Subway is such disgusting "food"... I tried a Meatball Marinara once in London and I bit down on it and it was a solid piece of bone or skull - absolutely disgusting...

And they try to palm it off as a healthy alternative! Vegetables with no nutritional value, white crappy bread and "mystery" deli meats.

People are so stupid!

And nobody noticed any of them missing.

Couldn't have been of any consequence then could they.

Could it be the ones they found up north were going the other way.

We wait to see if there is any proof they were turned into meatballs.

Meatballs that no doubt end up in a Subway Meatball Marinara... Subway is such disgusting "food"... I tried a Meatball Marinara once in London and I bit down on it and it was a solid piece of bone or skull - absolutely disgusting...

And they try to palm it off as a healthy alternative! Vegetables with no nutritional value, white crappy bread and "mystery" deli meats.

People are so stupid!

People are stupid? You mean the people who bought one in London?

All this dog smuggling/killing can be avoided (at least for a major part) if the government really wants to do something about it. I wouldn't be surprised if in fact they support it... An easy way to get rid of the poor dogs.

PT is stealing/spending billions trough controversial schemes but not a penny is spend on this cruel dog business.

Trough. Perfect!clap2.gif

Scores of dog skulls dumped in Ayutthaya feared to involve meatball factory

AYUTTHAYA, 31 May 2013 (NNT) – Thousands of dog heads have been found dumped in the woods in Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya province, raising concern among locals who worried that the carcasses may have something to do with a nearby meatball factory.

Firefighters discovered the dog skulls when they were putting out a blaze at the site. According to the locals, the plot on which the discovery has been put up for sale by its owner, and that unidentified trucks have been coming to the plot to dump off garbage without the owner's knowledge. The locals were unaware that dog skulls were among the items discarded.

Phayom sub-district municipality mayor Ruechai Saeng-ngen-on said locals told him trucks have been sneaking in and dumping garbage at the site for many months. The plot is far enough from the closest community that nobody has smelled the carcasses.

Mr. Ruechai said locals are worried dog meat may have been used to make meatballs at a local meatball factory. However, he said an inspection has to be conducted because the skulls may have come from somewhere else, and the fire may have been set to destroy the carcasses.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-05-31 footer_n.gif

Just as well no one bothered yet to go and visit the dogball factory before announcing the possible tie up between the two.

Neung lan, gao saen gao meaun gao phan gao loy gao sip gao............ (one week later), ready or not, here we come, but we can start again if you haven't cleared all the dogs out yet.

• Like 1

Meat is meat - get over it

That isn't quite true. The risk of contracting diseases akin to BSE from dog meat is much much higher from other forms of meat. Places such as Korea who eat dog, farm them and regulate their feed. Your average dog food doesn't exactly contain best quality fillet steak does it.

• Like 1

Never been keen on meat or anything else rolled into balls.

Maybe it has something to do with the story about the ingénue Marilyn Monroe nervously picking over her dinner at Arthur Miller's family home before asking, "Is there any other part of a matzo you can eat?"

Apparently they're made of dogs balls!