Ministry Wants To Make Thais Taller

Lite Beer

I laughed so much from reading this article i almost peed a little.

Talk about miseducating the people its not only selling milk they want people to have more health problems like cancer and such...and if people are lactose intolerant increasing the amount of milk is not a good idea...and the only milk that it trully healthy talking about cows milk is raw ecological unpasteurized unhomoginized milk from grassfed cows. Good luck finding that in Thailand unless you have a cow of your own in the backyard...

• Like 1

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I worked in Hong Kong in the late 80's one of the most noticeable things was that kids towered over their parents. I used to see parents walking their kids to school and it wasn't unusual for Jr. to be taller than both mom & dad. I asked someone why the parents were so short and why the kids were so tall. Someone said: Milk. The kids drink milk and the parents never got milk.

The older women seemed to have some real problems with osteoporosis. They were terribly bow-legged and very hunched over.

It's anecdotal, but it seems that there is some truth to it. Genetically, we will not be taller, but good nutrition will make us reach our full potential of height.

Your right it depends on the nutrition that they are taller and they reached their full potential. The milk will not make them taller and drinking milk actually creates a process something called acidosis in the body and is actually a cause for osteoporosis...and osteoporosis is far more common in europe and in the us than in asia.

When I worked in Hong Kong in the late 80's one of the most noticeable things was that kids towered over their parents. I used to see parents walking their kids to school and it wasn't unusual for Jr. to be taller than both mom & dad. I asked someone why the parents were so short and why the kids were so tall. Someone said: Milk. The kids drink milk and the parents never got milk.

The older women seemed to have some real problems with osteoporosis. They were terribly bow-legged and very hunched over.

It's anecdotal, but it seems that there is some truth to it. Genetically, we will not be taller, but good nutrition will make us reach our full potential of height.

Hmmmmmmm, when i was a kid l hated milk, never drank it unless it was in tea. I am much taller than mum and dad but a copy of them both (yes hansum), sooooooooo, don't know how these theories work.

The average Thai does not taste milk again after they leave the tit.

I've seen Thai children in farang land grow to over 6ft tall due to the western diet and milk at schools.

In reality this will not happen in Thailand because of the logistics of the dairy industry.

CCC

Now't to do with the pateranal source of the gene pool thaey are spawned from then , eh ? I have also met Thai kids ( farang dads ) who can speak Welsh English and Thai fluently, maybe that is also due to the source of gene pool and the lack of ability to sleep any time anywhere, thinking of that, I was also under the impression that as a kid growing up in early teens, it was good to sleep and that is when you grow, so how come Thai kids are not 7 foot tall?wai2.gif

I think they should eat more brown bread and potatoes.

As long as they eat predominantly white rice and nibbles of white meat and veg they will stay small.

But what's wrong with small? What is the essence of this necessity.

Actually they should ask be given free brands chicken essence. You live forever, have an IQ of 200, climb Everest and satisfy 4 wives on that stuff. So the health food institute of Guangzhou polytechnic claims.

This. And abandon white rice cuz that's also non-food. And stop eating mama noodles and MSG (!!) and sugar and avoid the 7 Eleven candystore.

They should eat real bread indeed, and potatoes and muesli, ripe fruit instead of all those hard green papayas with chilly and MSG that causes stomach ache, and way more veggies.

• Like 1

Thai children are brainwashed to buying all those fancy jap style drinks in 7 eleven stores. I try to convince my kids to drink fresh milk but they prefer the oishi junk.

Its also an effort to get them to drink orange juice. These kids all like KFC and maybe chocolate milk....up to them.

I think you will find that oishi's predominant flavouring is sugar. Barely a spot of tea to be found.

They do have a sugar-free version, the kind with the white cap. Tastes pretty much like water.

This is quite easy to address.

Just stand each child in a bucket of <deleted> for up to 4 hours a day.

Works for crops and trees and they grow to a nice height.

Lots of <deleted> here in Thailand, especially bullshite. thumbsup.gif

Brainless and idiotic comments, worthless even reading.

Don't worry about all that hocus pocus that milk increases hieght. I saw the size of thais being a problem long ago and that is why I created my special instant formular. Simply rub it on the skin and garanteed to increase hieght by 25 cm per year. Perfectly safe to use with conjuction whitening creams. I will have you looking like a farang in no time.

Talk about the land of milk and honey , what chemistry set did they get this crack pot idea from , the only thing that's going to happen, there will be a lot of over weight , eighty year olds.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My guess is that the Minister of Health owns a large dairy farm or he's being paid a nice sum to push milk and milk products. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The Dairy Industry is really big business, with sales of billions for milk and

diary products annually, so you might expect hard line marketing

from them, but would you expect them to aggressively sell their products if

they were known to be harmful to people, especially to women and children?

The cholesterol content of three glasses of milk is equal to

what one would get from 53 slices of bacon.

Do you know of any doctor who recommends that much bacon per day?

In the animal Kindom no animals drink its mother’s milk in

adult life.

"It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk.

Human’s milk is for humans.

Cow's milk is for calves.

You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses

milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to

turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"

--Dr Michael Klaper MD

Please Google "The Dangers of Cow Milk"

And the ancient/nomadic tribes who herd goats...? They're a hearty group. Surviving well in harsh conditions, wrong for drinking milk?

How tall is Dr. Klaper?

What are the calcium sources to ensure maximal growth and health... As well as avoiding brittle bones that accompany aging? Leafy greens? Soy, rice, almond milk?

As far I know about Thai people that they care very much about their images (Height and good looking) which I called it superficial. They comment openly and gossip about other's look i.e. if a person is short, they call him/her "shorty" and if a person is plumb they call him/her "fat" and if a person is really fat, they call him/her "Hippo" !!!.

Many Thais are ignorant and shallow minded that they look up "Look Krueng" who is mixed with Thai (Or Thai/Chinese) and farangs which those mixed children mostly are relatively taller and better looking. That why there are many mixed actors and actresses in show business.

Many Thai women even want to have babies with farangs and does not matter to them if they are not married to the farangs, all they want to have mixed children in order to fulfill their dreams of having a mixed children. Some of mother even dream big to root their mixed their children in show biz since they are baby which will make the mother rich. I have known some Thai women who are single moms have mixed children. They encourage their children into entertainments business. The children turned out to be superficial and shallow minded like the moms. Many of those mixed children do not do well at school because they are brain washed about their being mixed children that Thai people praise them on that account. It is the parents and the society who are at fault. They make a big deal about images (สร้างภาพ) in order to be better than next door neighbors. I called it EGOISTIC.

Thai government too.

• Like 1

Perhaps the Deputy Public Health Minister Cholanan Srikaew should investigate resent studies that links dairy products to certain forms of cancer and circulatory diseases BEFORE the Health department recommends milk as a means to increase the height of the Thai people.

Look at this...

http://www.pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/ask/ask-the-expert-dairy-products

All "fresh milk" in Thailand is in fact reconstituted powdered milk.

Go to the supermarket, Meiji, Dutch Mill, Foremost, Chokchai Farm, it is all made from powder replete with additives.

Read the label, it says "made from fresh milk", not "fresh milk".

All milk in Thailand is reconstituted powdered milk.

• Like 1

Your right it depends on the nutrition that they are taller and they reached their full potential. The milk will not make them taller and drinking milk actually creates a process something called acidosis in the body and is actually a cause for osteoporosis...and osteoporosis is far more common in europe and in the us than in asia.

The last part is wrong. Both white and Asians are at higher risk of osteoporosis. It is the Latin and Africans that are at less risk.

Perhaps the Deputy Public Health Minister Cholanan Srikaew should investigate resent studies that links dairy products to certain forms of cancer and circulatory diseases BEFORE the Health department recommends milk as a means to increase the height of the Thai people.

Look at this...

http://www.pcrm.org/health/cancer-resources/ask/ask-the-expert-dairy-products

don't worry lao Khao has been proven to mitigate the risks.

Thailand has some of the best food, but worse eating habits in the world - On par with Scotland (no offence scots)

.... home of the deep-fried mars bar,I believe.

Yes, the basic urban diet in Thailand seems to have degraded down to ramped-up fast food,being anything but healthy.

The commercial push for the use of seed-oils has given way to a 'deep-fry everything' approach.

It's a pity to see a society with such an advanced culinary art form and abundance of fresh ingredients degenerate to the dietary levels inherent in modern Western societies.

As for the push towards cows-milk consumption ..... 10yrs-taller......20yrs-fatter!!

I have driving all over Thailand and ,everywhere I see 7/11, tesco's ,bic C and other shop's are always loaded with fresh milk.

But when looking around while driving all over Thailand I did't see that manny milk cow's,only at chok chai farm at sara buri.

So where all that fresh milk come from? Well it come's as milkpowder from China and the dairy company's ad some water and there is your fresh Milk bah.gif

Think before you drink. sick.gif

isaan paul

This is not true.

Meiji fresh pasteurized milk comes from dairy farms all over Thailand. If you live in Bangkok or Pattaya , the fresh milk comes from one of the central provinces.

It is not milk powder I can promise you that.

I have driving all over Thailand and ,everywhere I see 7/11, tesco's ,bic C and other shop's are always loaded with fresh milk.

But when looking around while driving all over Thailand I did't see that manny milk cow's,only at chok chai farm at sara buri.

So where all that fresh milk come from? Well it come's as milkpowder from China and the dairy company's ad some water and there is your fresh Milk bah.gif

Think before you drink. sick.gif

isaan paul

This is not true.

Meiji fresh pasteurized milk comes from dairy farms all over Thailand. If you live in Bangkok or Pattaya , the fresh milk comes from one of the central provinces.

It is not milk powder I can promise you that.

My 7/11-purchased .45 liter ForemostTM Chocolate Milk label says: Pasteurized Chocolate Flavored Milk. There appears to be additional nutrition info as well, but it's in Thai. Been drinking waaaay too much of the stuff lately and still haven't noticed any increased stature.

Edited by MaxYakov

humans are the only species that continue to drink milk after weaning. who says its good for you

Milk, some milk at least, has simply gotta' be better for you at any age than the junk most of us eat (& drink) in mass quantities. The whole thing may be the result of somebody promoting something with somebody in the Thai government. But humans can consume only a certain amount of "stuff" per day: if milk were substituted for even some of the fast food, processed food, sodas & other sweet drinks, sweets, & other junk currently being consumed, are you seriously suggesting that wouldn't be a GOOD thing?! I'm not anyone's idea of a healthy eating nut believe me, but I can't see where pushing milk (there are 1%, 2% & no-fat variants you know) a little could be anything but a good thing. So why all the moaning & science-from-the-sidelines hand-wringing over the idea?

Using liberal, developed countries as a model, give Thais a real and credible education. They will then be able to work it all out for themselves, and ultimately stand taller on their own.

General knowledge of nutrition is seriously lacking. To try to increase growth upward, without kurbing the tendency to grow outward, will do nothing for the serious trend towards obesity.

As far I know about Thai people that they care very much about their images (Height and good looking) which I called it superficial. They comment openly and gossip about other's look i.e. if a person is short, they call him/her "shorty" and if a person is plumb they call him/her "fat" and if a person is really fat, they call him/her "Hippo" !!!.

Many Thais are ignorant and shallow minded that they look up "Look Krueng" who is mixed with Thai (Or Thai/Chinese) and farangs which those mixed children mostly are relatively taller and better looking. That why there are many mixed actors and actresses in show business.

Many Thai women even want to have babies with farangs and does not matter to them if they are not married to the farangs, all they want to have mixed children in order to fulfill their dreams of having a mixed children. Some of mother even dream big to root their mixed their children in show biz since they are baby which will make the mother rich. I have known some Thai women who are single moms have mixed children. They encourage their children into entertainments business. The children turned out to be superficial and shallow minded like the moms. Many of those mixed children do not do well at school because they are brain washed about their being mixed children that Thai people praise them on that account. It is the parents and the society who are at fault. They make a big deal about images (สร้างภาพ) in order to be better than next door neighbors. I called it EGOISTIC.

Thai government too.

I can add my verification to this with my ex-GF who had a son by a Dutch father. He was a cute 4 1/2 Y.O. kid and she believed he was going to be movie star. My prediction is, also, that he will be as shallow as his mother unless an educated and authoritative, farang male intercedes. He was well on the way. I suspect that many of them grow up without a decent male role model and inherit the male Thai values and attitude.

Edited by MaxYakov

Most africans and orientals lose the ability to digest milk soon after weaning. Many charities in famine stricken areas found that milk based food were ineffective. The Thai government is being very short-sighted.

Who has a stake in a milk vending enterprise?

I have only seen about 12 cows in Thailand, and they do not look like they had much milk to offer. Also, they say many Asians are lactose intolerant. Sounds like this one has not been thought out too well. Another overpaid ministry official trying to justify the big salary? He sounds like about on par, IQ wise, with Chalerm, the dropout.

Just as a matter of interest, how many dairy herds are there in Thailand. Nearest fresh milk, which I assume the article is about, is about 30kn from our home.

Not sure, but the emaciated cows that I've seen in most of the country would probably not produce much milk anyway in comparison to a proper dairy herd. Maybe it's time to start a dairy farm with some recognised breeds. The increased consumption the government is decreeing is huge and I'm sure they have not done the math on how big the dairy industry has to grow to meet that consumption level.

Don't quote me on this but I believe most if not all of the milk companies in Thailand make their milk from powder imported from other dairy producing countries. I don't believe there is such a thing as "Fresh Milk" in Thailand. The hot weather is not conducive to dairy cows. Even the cattle here look like anorexic Ethiopians.