Thai Spring To Target Thaksin Online

webfact

Telling the general public where the website is going to be, when the meetings are and the such, I would imagine that this will be an enormous detterent to people logging in.

The authorities will be very busy logging IP addresses.

Fairly easy to disguise that. I'm not sure if it's illegal or not but it's done in a lot of countries with worse records than Thailand.

Telling the general public where the website is going to be, when the meetings are and the such, I would imagine that this will be an enormous detterent to people logging in.

The authorities will be very busy logging IP addresses.

Fairly easy to disguise that. I'm not sure if it's illegal or not but it's done in a lot of countries with worse records than Thailand.

• Guy Fawkes tried to blow up Parliament. PTP is doing the same with democracy. I thought the Guy Fawkes connection was actually quite clever!

Any thoughts on what else the "Guy Fawkes connection" is about - do you still think it "was actually quite clever"?

• Guy Fawkes tried to blow up Parliament. PTP is doing the same with democracy. I thought the Guy Fawkes connection was actually quite clever!

Any thoughts on what else the "Guy Fawkes connection" is about - do you still think it "was actually quite clever"?

Thais are giving very little consideration to the history of Guy Fawkes. It is a case of ignorance and apathy - they don't know and don't care.

Before you get your undies in a knot, please consider how many 1930s Germans knew much about the Hindu or Buddhist significance of the swatstika. Then try today's Germans.

Edited by OzMick

I think, but not 100% sure that they have chosen Guy Fawks as their avatar because of his anti-establishment stance, which they seem to be emulating.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the original Guy Fawkes, and much more to do with the 2005 movie 'V for Vendetta', in which V stood against the tyranny of the existing government and orchestrated it's downfall.

It has everything to do with Guy Fawkes. Here's a guy who knows, Alan Moore, the chap who actually wrote V for Vendetta

The big breakthrough [regarding what the character of V should look and act like] was all Dave's, much as it sickens me to admit it. More remarkable still, it was all contained in one single letter that he'd dashed off the top of his head . . . I transcribe the relevant portions beneath:

"Re. The script: While I was writing this, I had this idea about the hero, which is a bit redundant now we've got (can't read this next bit) but nonetheless . . . I was thinking, why don't we portray him as a resurrected Guy Fawkes, complete with one of those papier mache masks, in a cape and conical hat? He'd look really bizarre and it would give Guy Fawkes the image he's deserved all these years. We shouldn't burn the chap every Nov. 5th but celebrate his attempt to blow up Parliament!"

The moment I read these words, two things occurred to me. Firstly, Dave was obviously a lot less sane than I hitherto believed him to be, and secondly, this was the best idea I'd ever heard in my entire life. All of the various fragments in my head suddenly fell into place, united behind the single image of a Guy Fawkes mask. http://www.freewebs.com/vforvendettagallery/BehindTheSmile/behindthesmile.htm

Whatever you say that the recent adopters think is behind the mask, is made redundant by the original thinking by those responsible for the use of the mask by their "anti government vigilante" character, V.

Edited by gobi
  • Like 1

IMO they are wearing masks to protect their own lives. The way things are anyone who is 'seen' opposing the Poison Dwarf and his band of merry thieves is likely to find themselves staring down the barrel of a gun. Got to say that i hope they build up enough pressure to cause serious damage to said band. Could well all be helpful as they move on their way to self destruction.

"Thai spring." They liken themselves to Arab spring without a clue on the meaning. Overthrow and "removal" of 30 year dictators by armed revolution. How long will it take for this Thai spring to die out? If it ever resulted in a serious threat to overthrow the government, the Thai military would suppress that right away.

The RTA swear allegiance to King and Thailand, not the government of the day.

In the next week or so, the PM is going to have to stand up and admit huge losses on the rice scam. The interesting part will be what she intends to do about it. Admitting that it was a huge mistake should automatically include her resignation, saying that they intend to continue to throw away hundreds of billions of baht may have a similar result by other means.

Interesting thought Mick. I guess Moody's comments and downgrading may force a response. Otherwise she would've bumbled along hoping this would go away like the illegal passport issuing and other iritants.

Either the figures and response will be complete nonsense; or their will be some attempts to shift the blame to the financial markets and global economy; or just outright lies. Admitting the real figures could be very dangerous, especially if a large chunk, say around THB 47 billion can't be accounted for.

In most countries, a disaster like this would force the PM to resign, the government's credibility collapse and a general election to ensue. Here, probably some "creative" figure work, fudged mumbo jumbo words, and then back to business as normal. If by some strange phenomenon she did resign, big sister would step in as PM and call her back inot cabinet, probably as FM - more trips and shopping.

She's going to blame the secret commerce ministry for keeping her in the dark.

Never forget that Thailand is and always has been for the most part an incredibly stupid country. Examples of such are apparent and displayed all around you every day in all levels of Thai society. And all the gullible fools who voted in this travesty of a government are a prime example. As George Carlin once very wisely said, "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups".

I'm happy to see that at least the Thai Spring group aren't buying into it and I applaud them for making a stand and for trying to raise some consciousness in the brains of the all too many feeble minded masses.

Go get 'em Guys!

how is it possible to fool 66.000.000 people here,they cant all be st--id can they,i know they didnt all vote but,,come on,,,

I tend to agree with him although he is overdoing the years of dictatorship. 3 years or 30 years makes no difference. It may develop into a serious threat but I think not as serious a threat against the government as the one they are creating themselves with all the corruption and disregard of their duties to the Thai citizens in favor of spending their time on white washing Thaksin.

66,000,000 Thais and they use them to line their pockets.
There is only 1 Thai they are trying to help and that is by changing laws so all his illegal activities will become legal.

+1 and my dog winston,,i think hes a bit brighter than the electorate here,,,good boy,,,,

Edited by yeeowww

how is it possible to fool 66.000.000 people here,they cant all be st--id can they,i know they didnt all vote but,,come on,,,

scorecard, on 07 Jun 2013 - 09:51, said:

noitom, on 07 Jun 2013 - 08:39, said:

"Thai spring." They liken themselves to Arab spring without a clue on the meaning. Overthrow and "removal" of 30 year dictators by armed revolution. How long will it take for this Thai spring to die out? If it ever resulted in a serious threat to overthrow the government, the Thai military would suppress that right away.

?

I tend to agree with him although he is overdoing the years of dictatorship. 3 years or 30 years makes no difference. It may develop into a serious threat but I think not as serious a threat against the government as the one they are creating themselves with all the corruption and disregard of their duties to the Thai citizens in favor of spending their time on white washing Thaksin.

66,000,000 Thais and they use them to line their pockets.

There is only 1 Thai they are trying to help and that is by changing laws so all his illegal activities will become legal.

edit

beat the spelling police

+1 and my dog winston,,i think hes a bit brighter than the electorate here,,,good boy,,,,

Big difference between using and fool

People do not elect the government to whitewash the PM's brother or use the legislative process to destroy the judiciary. We know that people are against these attempts but they have no stage to express their disapproval," he said.

So true

If only the anti Democratic Democrats would define their cause in comprehesible langrage they may achieve some positive progress toward identifying themselves as a credibable oposition and a potentially electable government in the near future.

Surely the fact that Thailand regained a toehold on democracy after the 18th Military Government and it's puppet governing successor gave way to the present democratically government with it's strong mandate from the people IS THEIR opportunity in time to stabilise and win the respect of the electorate as a potencially credible oposition.

Further it is an oportunity for the desparate opposition elemants to unite and develop a mandate with sufficient credibilty for them to win the next general election.

However the current disruptive behavior of the loose association of toothless minor Democrat Alliance parties is destroying our chance of electing a Social Democrat government in the forseeable futre.

• Like 1