One Year Mutlible Business

I usually go to KL for this.

And plan to do this again in september.

I have everything needed, completely legit. Work permit valid for 7 months, company papers etc.

What are my chances. Or am i better off going somewhere else.

Please advice my fellow travellers.

If it is your first multiple entry B visa you might be able to get one in KL.

Penang probably would be best but I suggest you contact one of the agents that handle visas there to confirm.

Well i happen to like KL, But i guess penang will do for a couple of days.

My vica is due in the beginning of september, so i guess its alway a gamble to book the flights.

Perhaps its the other way around once september arrives....

Btw, the one thing i like about the Embassy in KL, is that you can take care of things yourself.
Not through agents. It is not rocket science to hand in the paperwork.

And i feel better doing it myself.

I have removed an off-topic post about extension of stay. This topic is about getting a visa from a Thai consulate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I used Jim at Jim's Place on Chulia last month. He's been doing it for something like 20 years. He will get your PP back in the AM so you can catch the FireFly flight back in the early afternoon. Chargeable, but worth it.

Btw, the one thing i like about the Embassy in KL, is that you can take care of things yourself.

Not through agents. It is not rocket science to hand in the paperwork.

And i feel better doing it myself.

You do not need to use an agent at Penang, but the Consulate is a bit out in the sticks; so the point that many make is that the agent's fee is much the same as the Taxi Fare - there/back x2.

If you do the application your self then you need to arrive to apply in the morning on a working day (Monday - Firday - exluding Thai/Malay National Holidays) then pick up in the afternoon on the following working day.

Personally I prefer to do visa appliactions my self, just to be sure everything runs smoothly.

Edited by digitalchromakey

BTW, this may not affect you ... I'm only sharing because it affected me a few years ago.

Business Travelers (Including Teachers) working in Thailand and requiring a
work permit & Volunteers are restricted to a Single Entry Visa

(Please apply for a work permit or re-entry permit in Thailand)

It affected me years ago because once you got a business visa, you had to continue the process with a work permit (which you did). But, once you had the work permit, everything had to go through Thailand as "re-entry permits" rather than getting "business visas".

Again, just my comments and they may not affect you.

I understand that most regional Thai embassy's and consulate's pretty much all encourage the single-entry B (and/or O) and pursue any longer internal stays through the extension process. If one has to travel outside Thailand during the extension, one simply gets a re-entry permit. If, like the OP, one likes to travel, then a multiple re-entry permit is also available. Most usually get the latter the same day as filing for the first extension and most Immigration offices will do it same day. It is a well documented procedure within this forum and the main gripe is probably having to do something new or different; for those that happily popped in and out on a multi anyway. Some Immigration Police offices are better than others and most charge the official, published fees with a couple of 'usual suspects' that stick the hand out.

u can always do the visa on ur own its just easier and same price for the visa ( for Penang and Phnom Penh) to use an agent

no queuing in lines, no taxi rides, no waiting, yes they charge but whats ur time worth an the taxi rides add up

also in Penang if u turn in ur passport in urself, NO WAY would you get it back before 2:30 the next day

Edited by phuketrichard

I understand that most regional Thai embassy's and consulate's pretty much all encourage the single-entry B (and/or O) and pursue any longer internal stays through the extension process. If one has to travel outside Thailand during the extension, one simply gets a re-entry permit. If, like the OP, one likes to travel, then a multiple re-entry permit is also available. Most usually get the latter the same day as filing for the first extension and most Immigration offices will do it same day. It is a well documented procedure within this forum and the main gripe is probably having to do something new or different; for those that happily popped in and out on a multi anyway. Some Immigration Police offices are better than others and most charge the official, published fees with a couple of 'usual suspects' that stick the hand out.

But some people do not qualify for extensions because of company taxes, salary, number of Thai employees and etc. For a new company it will be 2 years before an extension is possible,

But some people do not qualify for extensions because of company taxes, salary, number of Thai employees and etc. For a new company it will be 2 years before an extension is possible,
A very good point that I was unaware of. The budding new Thai business owner would need to factor in getting a couple of Non-B multi's from his homeland then?

As for the ones that miss the tax, salary and employee head count; is that by design, oversight or lack of planning? I can see from many posts that keeping (good) Thai staff is like herding cats so quite possible to have one walk just as the annual filing is being done. But I would think that paying taxes owed and accounting the salaries paid would be well addressed in the management equation or business plan.

siiting in nice new empty Penang Airport waiting for flight back to Phuket.

As stated, flew down Monday afternoon, taxi to Minigood hotel,

gave them GF's passport with WP ( must have more than 6 months on it) an all relevent docs.

Got the passport back this morning at 11;30 am with 1 year multiple Non "B" visa

600 MYR

Taxi to hotel 44 MYR

taxi back 40 MYR