What Should An Electric Sliding Gate Opener Cost?

steelepulse

Depends on how big (heavy) the gate is, and what brand you're buying. Thai/Chinese brands (PAT, BSM etc) max out at about 18K Baht for a unit that'd push a 6M x 2.5M gate (about as heavy as they get). There are some imported brands selling for as much as 40K+ though.

Perhaps a 2nd (or 3rd) quote is in order?

Depends on how big (heavy) the gate is, and what brand you're buying. Thai/Chinese brands (PAT, BSM etc) max out at about 18K Baht for a unit that'd push a 6M x 2.5M gate (about as heavy as they get). There are some imported brands selling for as much as 40K+ though.

So what your saying is 25K may not be so ridiculous a price then ?....I changed mine out about 18 months ago and it was just on THB 20k

Prices of electric sliding gate openers can vary greatly in price depending on quality, warranty period (ie., 6 months or 2 years), whether a plastic outer case or chrome outer case, how the gear rail and motor assembly will be mounted, safety sensors to be used, how the power will be run/installed to the motor assembly from the house (visible PVC pipe or buried PVC pipe with quality electrical wire), and just various other installation methods. 25K is not a ridiculous price for some models & installations.

• Like 1

So what your saying is 25K may not be so ridiculous a price then ?....I changed mine out about 18 months ago and it was just on THB 20k

Well, if the OP is getting an imported opener, or the price includes removing and replacing the gear rail and running new power wires as well, or he's (unknowingly) paying a 'friend' a commission, 25K could be right..

OK thanks everyone, my gate is probably 5 metres wide, built on a steel frame and covered in wood. I was looking at a few websites and even some big industrial openers were cheaper than price quoted here. 400 USD gets a nice opener!

I am curious why the gate openers have had to be replaced and how long they lasted? I would hope they would last some time as they are fairly expensive. Something one would want to get right the first time around.

I recently saw two models at Global. The model (with plastic case) for a sliding gate was 9,xxx baht. The other models was for two piece gate that swings inward and I think it was around 18,xxx baht.

(The model in the you tube vid has cost me millions of baht!)

Price is usually dependent upon the type of motor used. Motors from Europe are much higher and the prices go down from there to the Chinese, Taiwanese and the lowest being Thai

Also the number of remotes, sensors, alarms, and safety features can effect the price. Have several different vendors give you an estimated price, they will all be close in price but you will be able to determine which vendor knows what they are talking about based upon what they try and sell you. Unfortunately most vendors will not fabricate the gate but will only "motorize it", they expect you to get a local firm to make the gate

Estimates I got for a 5 meter tublar steel gate ranged from 25,000 to 45,000 THB. I eventually gave up on the idea and had two 2 and a half meter swing gates made, which I may motorize later on. I did not like how much garden area I lost if I opted for the track type gate

• 2 months later...

I have PAT gate opener which is now about 5 years old.

I'm waiting the day that it will break as it is running on its last legs.

I'm not very impressed with PAT as the manual override did not work anymore after just 2 years as it was completely rusted from the inside.

The gate itself is also not very good anymore so i'm looking to replace everything with a stainless steel and wood gate with new electric opener.