Laundry

cris4700

What is it with laundry in Pattaya? I pay 80 baht per kg in BKK, every place around here seems to charge by the item. 30 baht for a shirt etc? Staying at nova platnium area near rusisian area of walking street. Where do you go for reasonable prices?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I do my own then pay to have it ironed. I paid 60 baht for 5 pair of jeans and about 10 t-shirts. Laundry cost me 30 baht, hang it over night, Bob's your uncle.

• Like 1

I have a laundry shop and charge 500 baht for 80 pieces, this includes, washing, drying and ironing.

Located in south pattaya.

I won't say anymore as I will get in trouble for advertising.

Also it's 40 baht if you only want your clothes washed.

Majority of shops charge 500 baht for 80 pieces.

We have never charged by the kilo.

What is it with laundry in Pattaya? I pay 80 baht per kg in BKK, every place around here seems to charge by the item. 30 baht for a shirt etc? Staying at nova platnium area near rusisian area of walking street. Where do you go for reasonable prices?

Do hey weigh your clothes?

It is impossible to charge by the kilo, and if that's so, you have been ripped off.

There is an industrial laundry in a side soi right off Sukhumvith between Soi Khao Noi and South Pattaya road at the left side heading south. They may charge per kilogram.

This is on soi 73 sukhumvith, and is mainly used by hotels, and I think it is white only ie pillow cases, sheets etc.

It is impossible to charge by the kilo, and if that's so, you have been ripped off.

Impossible to charge by the kilo? Maybe in Pattaya but here in Chiang Mai that is the only way I have seen it over the 2-1/2 years I have been here. I pay 40 baht/kilo and the prices i have seen elsewhere usually runs between 30 and 40 baht/kilo with a few outliers in the tourist areas going to 50 baht/kilo. I do agree that if he is paying 80 baht/kilo he is being ripped off.

David

I do my own then pay to have it ironed. I paid 60 baht for 5 pair of jeans and about 10 t-shirts. Laundry cost me 30 baht, hang it over night, Bob's your uncle.

This is the way to go! Who would want their clothes mixed in and washed with all the filthy bodily fluids and fecal matter particles that are to be found on the typical pattaya visitors, expats, or working girls laundry in Pattaya. I laundry my owe clothes too and found a great gal who does great ironing...10-12 articles cost less than B100.

• Like 1

Impossible to charge by the kilo? Maybe in Pattaya but here in Chiang Mai that is the only way I have seen it over the 2-1/2 years I have been here. I pay 40 baht/kilo and the prices i have seen elsewhere usually runs between 30 and 40 baht/kilo with a few outliers in the tourist areas going to 50 baht/kilo. I do agree that if he is paying 80 baht/kilo he is being ripped off.

David

Does this include drying and ironing.

Ie an average pair of jeans weighs 500 grams

So if you were to do 4 pairs of jeans a 6 t shirts its going to cost over 200 baht.

Nope.

Some laundry shops charge 30/40 baht to use a 10 kilo machine...

It is impossible to charge by the kilo

This is the way to go! Who would want their clothes mixed in and washed with all the filthy bodily fluids and fecal matter particles that are to be found on the typical pattaya visitors, expats, or working girls laundry in Pattaya. I laundry my owe clothes too and found a great gal who does great ironing...10-12 articles cost less than B100.

Do the machines magically clean themselves after other people's use...

It is impossible for anything to be caught ie an std from cleaning clothes together.

Cheap Charlie's I guess

• Like 1

I do my own machine at 30 baht and only wear clothes that don't need ironing :D

and if I needed stuff ironed I would buy one at bigc, very cheap and easy enough to do it on the bed matress, laundry shops are a complete rip-off. I used to do all my laundry back home, no reason to change habit in pattaya

• Like 1

I do my own machine at 30 baht and only wear clothes that don't need ironing :D

and if I needed stuff ironed I would buy one at bigc, very cheap and easy enough to do it on the bed matress, laundry shops are a complete rip-off. I used to do all my laundry back home, no reason to change habit in pattaya

Except here it's 95 degrees with 80% humidity, combine that with the heat and steam from the iron and I surrender and am happy to pay my friendly local laundress to iron for me :)

A short term visitor may have trouble justifying buying a clothes washer in order to do his laundry. Don't ya think?

Edited by watcharacters

Each and every Laundry in Thailand use cold water for washing, so your clothes will definitely not be clean, as bacterias and other nasty stuff easily survive 40 degrees Celsius, which you often can smell, if the perfume in the detergent is not strong enough. Furthermore they mix your clothes, with some other peoples smelly clothes. A few Laundry´s refuse to wash underwear, because only God knows, what could spread this way. The Craps, Fungus, bacterias and other nasty stuff certainly don´t die from washing in cold water.

I use my own Farang-type washing machine and when the maid comes to clean the house once a week, she do the ironing too. For me this is the only way to go.

Why not use one of the many machines located in the streets / shops here? Cheap enough, but then you would have to wait for the washing to finish and dry and iron the clothes yourself.

Thats why you choose one that has a concrete and cold beers.

Some amazing volume of responses on this. Thx. Yes, I pay 80baht per kg for wash iron and foldin bkk. I know if i pay the per piece price in pattaya, i will be paying much more than 80per kg. Im just a summer tourist that isnt going to do gymnastics to get my laundry done. Some very interesting points on the bacteria issues. I do notice some of the shops down here are filthy.

Each and every Laundry in Thailand use cold water for washing, so your clothes will definitely not be clean, as bacterias and other nasty stuff easily survive 40 degrees Celsius, which you often can smell, if the perfume in the detergent is not strong enough. Furthermore they mix your clothes, with some other peoples smelly clothes. A few Laundry´s refuse to wash underwear, because only God knows, what could spread this way. The Craps, Fungus, bacterias and other nasty stuff certainly don´t die from washing in cold water.

I use my own Farang-type washing machine and when the maid comes to clean the house once a week, she do the ironing too. For me this is the only way to go.

... How can you say 'each and every Laundry in Thailand use cold water for washing'? Have you been everywhere ?

Our laundry (and we are not the only one in Pattaya) has front-loading machines (Farang-type).

As MrZM stated aleady: 'I won't say anymore as I will get in trouble for advertising"

David

So if you were to do 4 pairs of jeans a 6 t shirts its going to cost over 200 baht.

Nope.

It includes wash/dry/fold. I don't own anything than needs to be ironed. In 2+ years, I have never paid more than 320 baht and those were only for times where I included bed sheets and pillow cases.

So, you still say it is impossible to charge by the kilo but it seems to work just fine here in CM. Still sounds like the issue is a Pattaya thing.

David

David

Nope.

It includes wash/dry/fold. I don't own anything than needs to be ironed. In 2+ years, I have never paid more than 320 baht and those were only for times where I included bed sheets and pillow cases.

So, you still say it is impossible to charge by the kilo but it seems to work just fine here in CM. Still sounds like the issue is a Pattaya thing.

David

For the last time.

99.9% of laundry shops, offer a price of 500 baht for 80 pieces, which is 6 baht a piece, washed, dried and ironed, the end product is clean, no bacteria or disease ate spread from clothes, it's impossible!

How cheap do you people want it?

In the UK it's £2 just to iron a shirt.

Some amazing volume of responses on this. Thx. Yes, I pay 80baht per kg for wash iron and foldin bkk. I know if i pay the per piece price in pattaya, i will be paying much more than 80per kg. Im just a summer tourist that isnt going to do gymnastics to get my laundry done. Some very interesting points on the bacteria issues. I do notice some of the shops down here are filthy.

So how much does your washing actually cost?

A pair of jeans weighs minimum 500/600grams. 2/3 t shirts another 300/400 grams so basically that's your kilo.

In my shop it's 25 baht for a pair of jeans.

15 baht a t shirt.

To me with my example that's under 80 baht a kilo.

If you have 80 pieces, would weigh more than 10 kilos, so you would be paying 800 baht plus if you pay by the kilo.

Think your being ripped off. In fact in quite sure.

And it's your fault for not asking before you had your clothes cleaned.

Typical moaner

... How can you say 'each and every Laundry in Thailand use cold water for washing'? Have you been everywhere ?

Our laundry (and we are not the only one in Pattaya) has front-loading machines (Farang-type).

As MrZM stated aleady: 'I won't say anymore as I will get in trouble for advertising"

What does "front-loading machines (Farang-type)" have to do with the temperature of the water used ?

• Like 1

What does "front-loading machines (Farang-type)" have to do with the temperature of the water used ?

With front laoding machines you can select a a temperature and the machine will heat the water to the selected temperature, the top loading machines used here don't have a temperature option.