60 Day Visa Extension At Immigration Based On Marriage

Do you actually mean a 1-year extension of stay for marriage purposes? Never heard of a 60-day extension which, I thought, was the maximum period for tourist visas!

Edited by OJAS

If you only want 60 days, that's what you will get.. you will find a list of the documents required in the visa section of this forum, you need proof of income document from your embassy translated into Thai by an officially approved agency or a bank letter stating that you have ฿400 000 in the bank plus a lot of other stuff. Hardly seems worth it for 60 days.

You don't need proof of income for the 60 day extension. You need copies of your passport pages, your marriage certificate, your wifes ID, her house book and take her. You'll also need a filled in TM7 form and a pictures. I don't know how many copies are required by Jomtien.

• Like 2

You don't need proof of income for the 60 day extension. You need copies of your passport pages, your marriage certificate, your wifes ID, her house book and take her. You'll also need a filled in TM7 form and a pictures. I don't know how many copies are required by Jomtien.

Thank you. As I only require 60 days until we return to the UK it's the best option. Don't fancy a border run.

Thanks for your help

Do you actually mean a 1-year extension of stay for marriage purposes? Never heard of a 60-day extension which, I thought, was the maximum period for tourist visas!

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

I looked into this last year and everything posted is ok. I didn't eventually need the 60 days . I did however advise a friend in a similar situation about it. He went to Amnat Cheroen but could not get the 60 days as he had a vis on arrival. If he had a visa befi\ore he came thay would have give him the 60 days. Hope this helps.Mike

I looked into this last year and everything posted is ok. I didn't eventually need the 60 days . I did however advise a friend in a similar situation about it. He went to Amnat Cheroen but could not get the 60 days as he had a vis on arrival. If he had a visa befi\ore he came thay would have give him the 60 days. Hope this helps.Mike

There have been many reports of the 60 day extension being given on a visa exempt entry. The rules do not require a visa.

If your friend had an actual 15 day visa on arrival then that might be correct because extensions of any kind are not allowed for them.

Edited by ubonjoe

I am in a non o visa, as I really don't want to go to Cambodia to extend my visa, I would rather get a60 day extension as its all I need as I am returning to the UK in August.

You should not have any problem getting your extension.

But immigration at first might ask why you are not just doing a border run.

I am in a non o visa, as I really don't want to go to Cambodia to extend my visa, I would rather get a60 day extension as its all I need as I am returning to the UK in August.

You should not have any problem getting your extension.

But immigration at first might ask why you are not just doing a border run.

I have done extensions before on tourist visas and never had that question been asked.

To be safe ill go 2 days before.

Still don't get why, if issued a one year visa, we need to report before the year has ended.

Obviously money but still

A multiple entry non immigrant visa is not the same as a tourist visa. Was just mentioning the question possibility so that can have a good anwser ready.

You can go as early as you want for the extension (up to 30 days).

Still don't get why, if issued a one year visa, we need to report before the year has ended.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. The visa is valid for a year but only allows 90 day entries.

A multiple entry non immigrant visa is not the same as a tourist visa. Was just mentioning the question possibility so that can have a good anwser ready.

You can go as early as you want for the extension (up to 30 days).

I don't understand what you are trying to say. The visa is valid for a year but only allows 90 day entries.

I currently hold a double entry non o visa.

My comment was why do we have to report or leave the country every 90 days if you are issued a 6 month or 1 year visa, surely this should come up for renewal at the end of the visa.

As was said the visa only allows a 90 day entry - that is the limit on a normal non immigrant visa entry - to stay longer you must extend your stay at immigration. The multi entry visa valid for one years saves you having to get a new visa every 90 days if you do not extend (very useful for business travelers) but each entry is still limited to 90 days or less.