Korean woman falls to death from building in Bangkok

webfact

Korean Woman Falls Down From 15 Floor Apartment

k.jpg

A Korean woman fell down from the 15th floor of a mansion or apartment. Her husband said that he occasionally argued with his wife, but he’d never have thought that his wife would commit suicide.

BANGKOK -- [PDN]; Police officers of Toongmahamek police station were informed from an apartment near Si Lom that a body of a woman was found. The apartment was 22 floor high and was located in Si Lom Soi 7.

Police officers then opened room 103 on floor 7 and found the body of a Korean woman who was found dead at the balcony of the room. The woman was later later identified as 38 year-old Ms. Kim Hiyong, a Korean national.

After questioning Ms. Kim’s husband, police found that the couple resided at floor 15 of the apartment. He told the police that the day before the incident that they had argued and assaulted each other. After they had argued his wife told him that she was going to get something at the balcony. Without suspecting anything, he went outside to get something.

After he had returned back to his room, he couldn’t find his wife. He looked everywhere, but he couldn’t find her. But on June 12, police informed him that they had found his wife’s body on floor 7.

Police believe that Ms. Kim might have committed suicide after they had argued. Police will now further investigate and question Ms. Kim’s husband.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/06/13/korean-woman-falls-down-from-15-floor-apartment/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-06-14

This story stinks.

R.I.P

not necessarily, though go a head and indulge the urge to find every death that occurs in thailand questionable.

According to the WHO, Korean women top the world for suicides per 100k people. The first field is year of statistic, second is the rate for males, last for females.

Korea nearly doubles everywhere but sri lanka for female suicides (16.8 per 100k)

REPUBLIC OF KOREA 09 39.9 22.1

Interestingly Jamacians don't seem to top themselves at all

JAMAICA 09 0.3 0.0

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/

Edited by joeaverage
  • Like 2

The story doing the rounds in the Condo is that they argued and then she went outside and jumped.

How is that different from what is mentioned in the OPS post?

Because sometimes what is reported in the media and what people who live in the building actually saw or heard can be two completely different things.

• Like 2

This story stinks.

R.I.P

not necessarily, though go a head and indulge the urge to find every death that occurs in thailand questionable.

According to the WHO, Korean women top the world for suicides per 100k people. The first field is year of statistic, second is the rate for males, last for females.

Korea nearly doubles everywhere but sri lanka for female suicides (16.8 per 100k)

REPUBLIC OF KOREA 09 39.9 22.1

Interestingly Jamacians don't seem to top themselves at all

JAMAICA 09 0.3 0.0

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/

That's because when they feel stressed they roll up !
  • Like 1

Jumped from the 15th floor, landed on the 7th floor balcony.

If you jump, you jump away from a building and would most likely land on the street/pavement, not on a balcony.

If you are pushed, you try to hang on and them fall very close to a building and a tumbling body could be caught by a balcony railing.

Just my 2 cents of opinion.

Or the floors above the seventh are set back?

• Like 2

Jumped from the 15th floor, landed on the 7th floor balcony.

If you jump, you jump away from a building and would most likely land on the street/pavement, not on a balcony.

If you are pushed, you try to hang on and them fall very close to a building and a tumbling body could be caught by a balcony railing.

Just my 2 cents of opinion.

Or the floors above the seventh are set back?

Thats correct. The building is a pyramid shape. The 7th floor is further out than the 15th. Although, you could probably still clear it with a big leap.

Her husband said that he occasionally argued with his wife, but he’d never have thought that his wife would commit suicide.

Or in other words, he admitted in a really clumsy way to having pushed her off the balcony.

• Like 2

The story doing the rounds in the Condo is that they argued and then she went outside and jumped.

How is that different from what is mentioned in the OPS post?

The first three replies suggest that something other than the content of the report happened, that post is confirming the report.

First question I'd ask is what's the height of her balcony railing?

Next question is whether the floor was wet and slippery that night

If it's like my apartment, I can see how the unfamiliar could lean over and lose their balance if their foot slipped just a little on a wet floor.

But don't let me interrupt the nefarious theories here.

• Like 1

Man I had to read this story 3 times before I understood it . The writer of this story is so bad it is pathetic, And they call them a reporter

Why don't you get people who understand real English

So Bad

Perhaps it's not the reporter that's pathetic? Nobody else seems to have misunderstood the report.

You do know that this incident happened in Bangkok and that the original report would have been in Thai and subsequently translated?

Well, English could be better, as could my Thai. However, math is a "universal language" (supposedly). Hmmm first made sense that they had condo on 22nd floor and she landed on &th: 22-15=7, right? but then go on to say condo was on 15th floor. I don't think the former Mrs. could care, but how about proof reading or proof thinking? How about I do some thinking too.... apartment house perhaps is 22 story... so she fell 8? more than enough anyhow.... sorry, my bad.

Edited by Emdog
  • Like 1

This story stinks. R.I.P

not necessarily, though go a head and indulge the urge to find every death that occurs in thailand questionable. According to the WHO, Korean women top the world for suicides per 100k people. The first field is year of statistic, second is the rate for males, last for females.Korea nearly doubles everywhere but sri lanka for female suicides (16.8 per 100k) REPUBLIC OF KOREA 09 39.9 22.1 Interestingly Jamacians don't seem to top themselves at all JAMAICA 09 0.3 0.0 http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/
That's because when they feel stressed they roll up !

ROFL

Man I had to read this story 3 times before I understood it . The writer of this story is so bad it is pathetic, And they call them a reporter

Why don't you get people who understand real English

So Bad

Perhaps it's not the reporter that's pathetic? Nobody else seems to have misunderstood the report.

You do know that this incident happened in Bangkok and that the original report would have been in Thai and subsequently translated?

Yup- I have friends that work for The Nation, and The Phuket Gazzette and they translate many of the stories from thier original Thai into English and then they are often required to actually call the Thai reporter that originally wrote the piece and ask him questions about the piece.