The Ashes Tour 2013

The highest successful 4th innings run chase in first class cricket on this ground was 339 for 6 by Yorkshire earlier this year.

There's been two others above 300 and two more above 290 over the years since Durham became a first class county.

Of course, you can't really compare county cricket and test cricket; but as the only other tests played here have been against Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and a weakened West Indies, that's all we really have to go on!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All out for 330; a lead of 299.

A thrilling afternoon and tomorrow in prospect; if the weather holds off. BBC says rain all afternoon, but dry and sunny tomorrow, so we should get a finish even if it does rain today.

Too tight to call, I reckon. But is Watson fit enough to bat?

All out for 330; a lead of 299.

A thrilling afternoon and tomorrow in prospect; if the weather holds off. BBC says rain all afternoon, but dry and sunny tomorrow, so we should get a finish even if it does rain today.

Too tight to call, I reckon. But is Watson fit enough to bat?

Who would be the happier captain ? I guess Cook, a few early wickets with the new ball and we should be ok. Not many teams chase down 299 in their 4th innings.

I think this is going to get interesting, The Aussies can not batten down the hatches and hope for a draw, they need to win just to draw the series.

@ 2.2 runs per over they may do it, if there is no time lost to rain or bad light.

• Like 1

Australia would have liked to be chasing 50 runs less, but at 299 they will feel they can get that amount.

There will have to be a few ducks line up in a row for that to happen. Clarke need sa big one and at least one other has to stand up. Warner has a big mouth so he could put some runs where that is this innings hopefully

Good game so far.

Two grumbles,stuart broad who thinks play revolves around himself.

And clarkes field positions,seems as long as he has a second slip to talk to he's prepared to leak runs.

On a good note tim bresnan and swan batted beautifully showing the runs are there,text book or not.

I think this is going to get interesting, The Aussies can not batten down the hatches and hope for a draw, they need to win just to draw the series.

@ 2.2 runs per over they may do it, if there is no time lost to rain or bad light.

I cant see them continuing at 2.2 an over though. Should move up to around 2.8- 3.4ish by innings end

BookMan's great with the links.

He gave me this link if you have a slower connection ... http://cricfree.tv/star-cricket-live-stream-3.php

Can't make the screen full size ... but it works good enough.

Just remove that annoying commentary on the RHS

Don't forget they only have 10 wickets to play with whistling.gif

Australia would have liked to be chasing 50 runs less, but at 299 they will feel they can get that amount.

There will have to be a few ducks line up in a row for that to happen. Clarke need sa big one and at least one other has to stand up. Warner has a big mouth so he could put some runs where that is this innings hopefully

Any one of Australia's top 5 is capable of a big score, and it just needs a couple of the other 4 to make a reasonable contribution as well.

Even if Watson is unable to bat (anyone heard any news on that front?), this game is far from over.

Forget the aforementioned inspection; it's raining again.

Rain has stopped; inspection at 14:10 BST.

Meanwhile at Wormsley:

England are 36 for 0 in reply to Australia's 331 for 6 declared.

Make that 36 for 1!

I would be surprised if many posters here could name 1 player from each team in the women's game.

I cannot name any.

Warner cracks a big 6! Mid off goes back and Warner hits a single to the gap where the fielder was. laugh.png 67-0

You English blokes are very quiet

Edit: Chris Rogers has been lucky not to nick one behind

Edited by BookMan

Warner cracks a big 6! Mid off goes back and Warner hits a single to the gap where the fielder was. laugh.png 67-0

You English blokes are very quiet

Edit: Chris Rogers has been lucky not to nick one behind

I wasn't expecting the Aussies to be 80-0 after 18 overs.

They have the ability to collapse from here but one has to accept that it is a good start by the visitors.

Edited by cardholder

1st review by Chris Rogers... looked like he was out..but a good review...wicket saved!

Can see why Hill gave him out; noise when it hit his thigh pad.

Good use of the DRS by Australia, which did it's job properly.

Which to be fair, has been the case throughout this game; if memory serves.