90 day reporting - can I go before the date?

You can go 15 days before and 7 days after.

Docs required

Tm47 (available at Desk in Immigration)

Copy Passport Face Page

Copy Current Visa / Extension of Stay

Copy Departure Card (stapled in your passport Tm 6)

Proof of Residence, like for example Lease, Electricity Bill, Phone Bill

(Some immigration offices have other requirements)

Docs required

<snip>

Chiang Mai immigration doesn't require that one.

laugh.png As you see different offices, different rules. In Jomtien it's required.

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: It was 2.5 months ago (maybe it has changed in the mean time thumbsup.gif

Edited by MJCM

"nothing else required?"

Just an awful lot of patience and loads of time to kill if you have the misfortune to find yourself stuck at the back of a lengthy queue for a solitary window consisting mainly of agents/couriers seeking multiple reports on behalf of whole armies of local Burmese, Cambodian and Laotian workerssad.png

Edited by OJAS

You can go 15 days before and 7 days after.

Docs required

Tm47 (available at Desk in Immigration)

Copy Passport Face Page

Copy Current Visa / Extension of Stay

Copy Departure Card (stapled in your passport Tm 6)

(Some immigration offices have other requirements)

And some have no requirements, except passport and completed Tm 47 of course. I refer to Mae Sot. I did my 90 day last Wednesday 12 June, the whole office was completely empty of customers, thus instant service. Long may the situation there remain.

Edited by Rimmer
fix quote

I always report a few days early just in-case the rules change and I need to get other documents in which case I have the extra days in hand to get them.

I also avoid Mondays and Fridays as allegedly these are the busiest days.

• Like 1

I always report a few days early just in-case the rules change and I need to get other documents in which case I have the extra days in hand to get them.

I also avoid Mondays and Fridays as allegedly these are the busiest days.

+1, Always plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark. - by Cushing, Richard C.

Just remember when you do report early, your next 90 days report is 90 days from the day that you do your report, not 90 days from the report date on your form. I always do mine by mail about 10 days early and accept the new date. The ems, 37 baht, and the 10 baht stamp, total 47 baht, is a lot better than driving 200 kilometers and going in person. It also saves me a lot of baht since immigration in Nakhon Sawan is close to Big C and my wife always wants to tag along!

Docs required

<snip>

Chiang Mai immigration doesn't require that one.

laugh.png As you see different offices, different rules. In Jomtien it's required.

Edit: // Added Ps

Ps: It was 2.5 months ago (maybe it has changed in the mean time thumbsup.gif

I've done 90 reports for the last year in CM, never asked for proof of address. Including my 90 day report this morning.

• 2 months later...

Just remember when you do report early, your next 90 days report is 90 days from the day that you do your report, not 90 days from the report date on your form. I always do mine by mail about 10 days early and accept the new date. The ems, 37 baht, and the 10 baht stamp, total 47 baht, is a lot better than driving 200 kilometers and going in person. It also saves me a lot of baht since immigration in Nakhon Sawan is close to Big C and my wife always wants to tag along!

I use Nakhon Sawan immigration as well. I live about 70k East but enjoy getting out of the Village and into the big city. However, if I had to use the mail in can you give me some details please?

What paperwork do you send?

Do they have a special mail envelope available at immigration?

What do you get in the return mail?

Thank you.

Mail in rules here:

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the immigration office in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.