Family tributes to Liverpool dad-to-be killed in Thailand

webfact

They say a guy from Bootle had been arrested at the scene. I would assume that the offender was a fellow Englishman. Could there of been a bit of skylarking between a couple of English mates?

Yes - both from the Liverpool / Merseyside area (Bootle and Walton). People from that part of the UK are known as "scousers" to Brits.

RIP - Condolences to his family in the UK and to his girlfriend.

Good to see the authorities can communcicate and act quickly in a tragic case. British police officers are very professional when dealing with situations like this.

Anyway, let's hope the family gets the answers they need. That's all that matters now.

The problem is that there are never acceptable answers in the realm.

The Australian government has declared Phuket the most dangerous place on the planet for Australians.

The net should be extended to include Thailand for ALL Caucasians.

• Like 2

Family tributes to Liverpool dad-to-be killed in Thailand

Where's the comma after dad to be? at first i thought he was gonna be executed...RIP

Didnt the hyphens give you a clue ? Does remind me of the joke about the panda at the restaurant that eats, shoots and leaves though.

"As a forgeinger you have to be very,

very carefull who you associate with as most people here in Thailand are

not what they appear to be!" This is also very very true regarding the farangs you meet up with. Perhaps some let their guard down too easily. There are lots of farang trash they prey upon unsuspecting tourists too. May I suggest Charles Sobraj? Charles Manson of Asia? Then again, could just be the old Liverpool-Everton rivalry. Can get nasty at times (Joking, sorry).

• Like 2

As a forgeinger you have to be very,

not what they appear to be! Just take all the ladyboys here for example.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone saw a chance to further smear the reputation of ladyboys.

Unless I'm really confused, this has NOTHING to do with ladyboys at all.

Disgusting Thaivisa. Posting the memorial picture of this guy (a father to be no less) with 4 bar girls. You should be ashamed. This isn't sarcasm - really downright terrible.

One of them might be his GF, and being photo'd with BGs fully clothed…. hardly a scandal.

• Like 2

Disgusting Thaivisa. Posting the memorial picture of this guy (a father to be no less) with 4 bar girls. You should be ashamed. This isn't sarcasm - really downright terrible.

The photo was included in the news report in his home town newspaper, the Liverpool Echo. Thaivisa just copied the news report and photo.

Its just a picture of him with girls, nothing lewd going on. Surely any problems you have with the photo should be addressed to Liverpool Echo.

• Like 1

If you have any issues with the original article can you please contact The Liverpool Echo who actually published it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I have read the liverpool echo link and I cannot imagine this family's sorrow. If only this would be a warning to all people both young and who come here and get caught up in the sabaii sabaii lifestyle.Goodluck to anyone who comes here seeking a better alternative to their life.BUT don't get complacent about it.This is not Europe or America.At last there youcan speak the language,have a support group,family...You must always keep your eye on the ball especially here...Don't let your guard down.Enjoy your time here but see beyond the facade.The games..

A young man who wanted to taste the sweetness of life and maybe he did for ashort time.Such awaste of a life.I hope his killer will be caught and his family gets justice.

According to the Liverpool echo link a fellow countryman from Liverpool was involved in this tragic death.

Yes as pointed out, real quality selection for ginning up support. Looks like another "monger," that overstayed his welcome no doubt. Sad as it is One would think about posting such a photo represenative of the deseased to gain sympathy votes? Oh well, Liverpool forever!

As a forgeinger you have to be very,

not what they appear to be! Just take all the ladyboys here for example.

What a complete load of coswallop. Clearly a reflection on whom you socialize with. Over the years I have made many Thai Friends, including Gay and Ladyboys. They have proved to be intelligent and trustworthy people, many of whom run their own ligitimate businesses. Every Country has their "dodgy people", you need to do a bit of research on where the most murders are committed for instance.

• Like 1

Was the deceased employed? And if so what was his job?

The echo reports that he invited some chap back to his apartment. It's rather depressing to read that the fellow die because he was showed some kindness/hospitality to someone from his hometown. It would be interesting to know the additional circumstances of this case.

Read this thread, the Inspector Clouseau's of TV have already provided more info and solved the case by mid afternoon

Some of the comments on this thread are pathetic

for those of you who complain and blame TV for the image in the OP... and are unable to click on the link to the original source in the OP for verification - here is a screenshot from the Liverpool Echo web site. Please pay attention to the photo.

Thanks

/Admin

post-327-0-02121800-1371633102_thumb.jpg

Yes not the ideal photo to put up but anyone having a drink in a Thai bar will be stereotyped.

The poor guy. It's a sad case, especially for the family back at home. I hope they catch the culprit if he was pushed and that justice is served.

I just don't have much faith in the legal system.

The bar shown in the picture is on Koh Phangan. Few years back back when I still lived on the island, I remember him and his mates on holiday were good customers in my own bar, a fun crowd. RIP

I've seen the girl on his right in Koh Chang but know her friend, who does move about a bit. Both very nice girls.

It's a shame his family couldn't supply any pictures which DON'T show the deceased at a bar. rolleyes.gif

We have the prude patrol here today and pray tell what is wrong with the guy being at a bar, a few here need to get a life, best wishes to the family and his unborn child in their sorrow

It's official. I've now been called every name in the book. laugh.png

(Perhaps my comment had more to do with the international press and their love of painting Thailand with the "Land of Whores" brush?)

And it's inaccurate? You note yourself even the family provides pics where he's cavorting with bar workers. Let's be real, foreign men are here for a reason, "steady stream of girlfriends"... quoting the Mother.

Edited by MacChine
  • Like 1