Ed Visas From Where?

Advice please:

I'm a Brit, age 40++ and have been studying Thai for 18 months, 30 hours a week in class. Ideally I would like to get an ED visa but :

Attempt #1 armed with supporting letter from AUA Bangkok, was refused in Vientiane, returned on a tourist visa.

Attempt # 2 armed with supporting letter from AUA Bangkok, was refused in Hanoi: they only recognised AUA Chiang Mai. Returned on a tourist visa.

Attempt # 3 armed with a supporting letter from AUA Bangkok, was refused by the consulate in Denmark; the official I talked to said that if I wanted to learn Thai, I should study at a 'proper' school, such as Ramkhamheng University. Returned on a tourist visa.

Since then, I have been told (in Vientiane) that I have too many back-to-back tourist visa's - was issued with the last one.

So how and where are these elusive visa's obtained. (Dress code of tie, smart shirt and shoes followed in all attempts.)

Thanks George,

I found that different embassies run different lists (I was allowed to look at these in Hanoi and in Denmark). This is part of my problem. I suspect that different versions of the MoE list are used in different embassies.

Anyone got an ED visa for studies at AUA and if so from which embassy/consulate?