Why was Burger King in Jungceylon full today?

NamKangMan

Some people will never understand that people eat what they like and eat what they trust. The recent article that says 80% of the Thai served in public places is unsanitary. Who wants the shits every day.

As stated, it doesn't have to be Thai. They could eat food they are used to. Eg. steak, chicken etc.

Where was this article published?

Edited by NamKangMan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the state of our tourists man........

Package group nonsense, so much for marketing Phuket to a "higher class" of tourists, we've gone completely to the cheap burger crew.

Miserable, really.........

If they were "the cheap burger crew" they'd be eating in McDonalds.

Next time you pass BK, check out the prices.

Package group nonsense, so much for marketing Phuket to a "higher class" of tourists, we've gone completely to the cheap burger crew.

Ummm, maybe.

I shop in the Big C there sometimes. Today was one of those days. There are always package holiday tourists and tour groups in there buying lunch, and most probably, their dinner.

The Chinese buy packets and packets of the instant noodles. The Russians buy a lot of fruit.

Maybe they should be called, "Phuket Package Holiday Backpackers." :) :)

Man I wish we had a Burger King in Chaing Rai. There is not one place other than McDonalds that you can get a burger that is semi eatable. McDonalds really sucks but when the lady goes shoping it is beter than fried rice.

Ummm, maybe.

I shop in the Big C there sometimes. Today was one of those days. There are always package holiday tourists and tour groups in there buying lunch, and most probably, their dinner.

The Chinese buy packets and packets of the instant noodles. The Russians buy a lot of fruit.

Maybe they should be called, "Phuket Package Holiday Backpackers." smile.pngsmile.png

They probably go back home and write travel directories with names like Familiar Planet.

I suppose it's just a globally known menu set. Might as well go to a 5 star place as Burger King in Jungceylon ain't so cheap for a fast food joint. rolleyes.gif

Ok, you would know 100% what you are going to get, but, as you mention, a decent Thai meal would be cheaper.

I think it's sad that tourists on a 2 week holiday would eat at these places, several times, on their holiday.

Why? Perhaps they don't have artery clogging, fat-laden, faux meat fast food where they come from. Besides, there aren't any Burger Kings in Aussie land, which provides the highest number of visitors to Patong.

By the same token, why would someone pay 140 baht for a dish of Thai food in a restaurant when they can get the same meal for 40 baht from a street cart? Different strokes and all that.

Man I wish we had a Burger King in Chaing Rai. There is not one place other than McDonalds that you can get a burger that is semi eatable. McDonalds really sucks but when the lady goes shoping it is beter than fried rice.

Can't you get a decent burger in an expat bar/restaurant up there?

Ummm, maybe.

Maybe they should be called, "Phuket Package Holiday Backpackers." smile.pngsmile.png

They probably go back home and write travel directories with names like Familiar Planet.

laugh.png

I suppose it's just a globally known menu set. Might as well go to a 5 star place as Burger King in Jungceylon ain't so cheap for a fast food joint. rolleyes.gif

Ok, you would know 100% what you are going to get, but, as you mention, a decent Thai meal would be cheaper.

I think it's sad that tourists on a 2 week holiday would eat at these places, several times, on their holiday.

Why? Perhaps they don't have artery clogging, fat-laden, faux meat fast food where they come from. Besides, there aren't any Burger Kings in Aussie land, which provides the highest number of visitors to Patong.

By the same token, why would someone pay 140 baht for a dish of Thai food in a restaurant when they can get the same meal for 40 baht from a street cart? Different strokes and all that.

Doesn't Burger King trade as Hungry Jacks in Australia?

Doesn't Burger King trade as Hungry Jacks in Australia?

Yes, same same. I cheated and looked it up on wiki - appears they were never able to open in Australia as Burger King because a small sole trader in Adelaide already had the name registered. Hungry Jacks is a Burger King franchise.

According to Immigration, Chiang Rai has about 650-700 residents who live here. This does not count the young temporary teachers and religious workers. Most are retired blue colar workers living on limited fixed retirement incomes. The average retiree here is 65 or over. This does not support a reasonable restaurant. Some of the bars on skid row claim to serve some farang food but it is Isan farang food. No hope for anything better than Sizzler that serves frozen imported food that is not very good and high priced. The Sizzler salad bar is grat. You can't even buy a decent ham and cheese sandwich here let alone a non McDonald burger. This place is being flooded with Thais from the central provinces to buy homes or build them in the country side for the quality of life. The resident farang population is not increasing. If you are moving here plan to eat at home or a lot of good Thia food outside.

I am craving a Whopper too bad I can't have one in Chiang Rai. Maybe Bill Heineke will have mercy on us and open a Burger King here. Fried rice or qluatio 3 times a day really sucks! A starving red neck speakes for others also.

Why would they eat overpriced burger king when there is delicious mcdonalds available ? :(

Oh and most restaurants in patong are tourist traps serving unhygienic food so best to stick with the fast food chains

Why would they eat overpriced burger king when there is delicious mcdonalds available ? sad.png

Oh and most restaurants in patong are tourist traps serving unhygienic food so best to stick with the fast food chains

Maybe because they are "high end" burger eaters. :) :) :) :)

I am craving a Whopper too bad I can't have one in Chiang Rai. Maybe Bill Heineke will have mercy on us and open a Burger King here. Fried rice or qluatio 3 times a day really sucks! A starving red neck speakes for others also.

Sounds like you are in urgent need of a visit to Chiang Mai. :)

I rather eat at Burgerking than 80 %, maybe even 90 % of the so called "Fresh" Thai restaurants.

The only Thai food I eat is my wife's and where she eats and she likes Burgerking and Mac too ! So there you are.

That`s ok, but easy to change mind if you ever come to walk in the back door and have a look inside - out!

Sounds like you are in urgent need of a visit to Chiang Mai. smile.png
Business concept: Whopper Runs

What are you bitching about?

Don't you own a restaurant, a farm and a cattle-herd?

Don't you make all sorts of foods for B2B?

I'll tell you what I miss in Rawai..Don's Cafe! Funny, just today I was telling someone how it was so hard to find a good burger here. Most places use cheap beef. Other than BK, and Mickey D's, the only place to get a decent Burger was at my house (if they had the 100% lean beef at Villa Market) or at Don's Cafe!

• Like 1

Must be a VERY slow traffic day ( giggle.gif ) if NKM has time to comment on Burgerking cheesy.gif

Maybe because no one has been assaulted by a tuk-tuk driver lately. smile.pngsmile.png

Certainly someone has, it just hasn't made the news.

We need to create a new internet forum law, call it NamKeng's Law, similar to Godwins' Law but instead of Hitler and Nazi's, it's Phuket tuk tuks.

I love the Hawaiian Ham Whopper

555007_444101608995791_883800971_n.jpg

They certainly don't look like that in the restaurant. smile.pngsmile.png
Yes i have to agree. Had a Burger King burger a month or two back and when i opened the bread bap, the burger was sitting well inside with quite a large gap around it of no meat. Was quite surprised as i assumed these sorts of franchises had to comply to certain standards... unless all Burger King joints serve small burgers like that.

Last week in contrast i had a burger from Carl's Jr and although a bit more expensive that Burger King, it was from another planet. Have never had a burger that good. Highly recommended.

And as far as the OPs suggestion for tourists to have chicken and veg or steak and veg, instead of a burger, the sort of chicken and veg or steak and veg that you can get in Thailand for the same sort of cost as a Burger King burger, is not really worth eating. I'd stick with the burger myself. That or eat Thai food of course, but for a lot of tourists, they can find it hard to know what to order.

Must be a VERY slow traffic day ( giggle.gif ) if NKM has time to comment on Burgerking cheesy.gif

Maybe because no one has been assaulted by a tuk-tuk driver lately. smile.pngsmile.png

Certainly someone has, it just hasn't made the news.

We need to create a new internet forum law, call it NamKeng's Law, similar to

I have stated before, I have, officially, declared NamKangMan's global war against Phuket tuk-tuks. :) :)

Last week, 17 Ambassadors announced they would join the "coalition of the willing." :) :)

• Like 1