Why was Burger King in Jungceylon full today?

NamKangMan

I am craving a Whopper too bad I can't have one in Chiang Rai. Maybe Bill Heineke will have mercy on us and open a Burger King here. Fried rice or qluatio 3 times a day really sucks! A starving red neck speakes for others also.

Boy I sure hope you explained this to Canadian Richard before his pecker falls off from losing the 501's to the Mrs. and building a palace in Isaan !

P.S. pineapple on a burger is just wrong...........

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am craving a Whopper too bad I can't have one in Chiang Rai. Maybe Bill Heineke will have mercy on us and open a Burger King here. Fried rice or qluatio 3 times a day really sucks! A starving red neck speakes for others also.

I'll tell you what I miss in Rawai..Don's Cafe! Funny, just today I was telling someone how it was so hard to find a good burger here. Most places use cheap beef. Other than BK, and Mickey D's, the only place to get a decent Burger was at my house (if they had the 100% lean beef at Villa Market) or at Don's Cafe!

There used to be a great late night burger BBQ on Soi Sansabai, just of Rat' Road. They had a good business going, selling to all the hungry and drunk tourists. They are not there anymore, and Soi Sansabai has now become "kebab alley" but they were good burgers. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Pad thai is healthy? with a mound of sugar msg topped of with a tablespoon of reused oil,yum yum

A random google search reveals these nutritional facts for a double whopper burger. Frightening.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/foods-from-burger-king/6748/2

I don't think a Pad Thai could match these figures. smile.pngsmile.png

Maybe. Maybe not. But when is a street vendor of Pad Thai ever going to have their food put to the sort of cross-examination that Burger King food does? Never. So we'll never know. What we do know is that Pad Thai, dependent on where you buy it, can be very unhealthy, so best not to assume it is healthier than a burger.

Maybe. Maybe not. But when is a street vendor of Pad Thai ever going to have their food put to the sort of cross-examination that Burger King food does? Never. So we'll never know. What we do know is that Pad Thai, dependent on where you buy it, can be very unhealthy, so best not to assume it is healthier than a burger.

I buy bulk burgers every two months or so. I do enjoy the fillings, but I also know that after eating on of these meals the next requirement is to find toilet within 2 hours. Burger meals always result with stomach pain.

This does not happen to me with the street food in Thailand. I would say that the local small shops are way better quality than some imported junk food.

McDonalds slime.. uh sorry, hamburger meat / chicken nuggets..

224556-pink-slime-and-other-weird-food-a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCqKl4Q3hW4

Nom Nom Nom.

Man I wish we had a Burger King in Chaing Rai. There is not one place other than McDonalds that you can get a burger that is semi eatable. McDonalds really sucks but when the lady goes shoping it is beter than fried rice.

Can't you get a decent burger in an expat bar/restaurant up there?

Not the same mate, most of the burgers at the expat joints are inedible, they are so stingy on the cheese its embarrassing. I dont know why they just dont charge 40 or 50 baht more and put at least one slice on. Burger King is pretty much the same all around the world. McDonalds is slightly different here, but still edible. Im with Don, who wants to eat food from the street carts?? when the owners have been squatting down in public toilets and not washing their hands...all you Thai purists can have your typhoid and hookworm.

As I am now 80 years old, I have closed Don't foods except for sauce and pickled vegetable products. I still make my own burgers for eating at home but when going out I love a Whopper. Each time I go to Chiang Mai I fill up on one. They are great. John Heinecke ran the Burger King operation for awhile. Back 10 years ago I was given the opportunity to produce their burger patties. Back then I would have had to produce 5,000 patties per day. Now it probably is 10,000 per day. The load was too heavy for me as I would have had to stop serving other customers. A thing of the past. The Minor Group is a well organized and operated company. Read Merchant Of The Oreint, An Entrepreneur's Journey In Life and find a good story about Bill Heinecke as well as others. Xlibris.com.

Man I wish we had a Burger King in Chaing Rai. There is not one place other than McDonalds that you can get a burger that is semi eatable. McDonalds really sucks but when the lady goes shoping it is beter than fried rice.

Not the same mate, most of the burgers at the expat joints are inedible, they are so stingy on the cheese its embarrassing. I dont know why they just dont charge 40 or 50 baht more and put at least one slice on. Burger King is pretty much the same all around the world. McDonalds is slightly different here, but still edible. Im with Don, who wants to eat food from the street carts?? when the owners have been squatting down in public toilets and not washing their hands...all you Thai purists can have your typhoid and hookworm.

Like I said, I can understand if hygiene is an issue for the first timers here for the street food, but wouldn't you still try signature dishes for Thailand, in a half decent restaurant?

Bangkok burger is moving from Bangla to Jungceylon thus month.

Best burgers I've had in a very long while.

I normally don't eat this fast food rubbish, but will try anything once.

Tell me more about Bangkok Burger, Hans.

http://www.bangkokburgercompany.com/

If it's not the best burger you have tried in Thailand, I'll payoff your meal.

I have no affiliations, just a addict with a growing waistline.

I notice there are quite a few vacant and "boarded up" shops in Junceylon. Any idea which one they are going into?

You just reminded me of the semi-permenent food stall on Rawai beach the operators of which have fashioned a waist high banner in a square on the beach behind the stall (the stall faces the road) where they can squat and do their business right on the beach just behind where they make their food. Their head and shoulders are fully exposed above the banner. I so wish I had my camera. Only in Thailand.

I notice there are quite a few vacant and "boarded up" shops in Junceylon. Any idea which one they are going into?
Not sure but the rent in Bangla rd is double what they will pay in Junceylon. That's the reason for moving.

Sure need to sell a lot of burgers to cover half a million a month.

They also have a small one in Surin that does home delivery around Laguna.

Edited by hansgruber

Do you eat grilled pork with sticky rice or pad kapow moo from the street vendors?

Just Thailand's versions of fast food and probably just as unhealthy.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

They are fairly sensational, The Aussie burgers are fantastic. Ill rate it against any burger in farangland too. Bangla is a long way to drive for a burger. I normally get one when Im hitting Suzy Wongs for the night

Have to say that a Burger King or even a McD in the Kata/Chalong area would be welcome. Gave that Mike's Burger place a try yet again last week - indifferent (= terrible) service and horrible soggy burgers. There must be something better in the fast food world.

They are fairly sensational, The Aussie burgers are fantastic. Ill rate it against any burger in farangland too. Bangla is a long way to drive for a burger. I normally get one when Im hitting Suzy Wongs for the night

Alright. Will give it a try one night.

Edited by NamKangMan

I hear from people that Bkk Burger is pricy and the size of the Burger is small for the price?

Will have to give them a try but they were not the first gourmet burger in Thailand.

I can show them my menu from the Derby King in Patpong from 1989 !

I do know my Deli when it was open , was sandwiches that no one ever complained about

other then too big !

Have to say that a Burger King or even a McD in the Kata/Chalong area would be welcome. Gave that Mike's Burger place a try yet again last week - indifferent (= terrible) service and horrible soggy burgers. There must be something better in the fast food world.

Where is Mikes Burger?

If you don't eat hamburgers then you are missing one of best foods in life. People who refer to burgers as junk food are probably trying to break the habit because they are too fat. I love them. Mrs. Don made Richard Hare and myself a super Cheeseburger today. Richard, a Canadian is an escapee from Phuket. He has found peace in Chiang Rai.You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy. My new book, Lost In Bangkok For 30 Years, tells it all.

• Like 1

If you don't eat hamburgers then you are missing one of best foods in life. People who refer to burgers as junk food are probably trying to break the habit because they are too fat. I love them. Mrs. Don made Richard Hare and myself a super Cheeseburger today. Richard, a Canadian is an escapee from Phuket. He has found peace in Chiang Rai.You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy. My new book, Lost In Bangkok For 30 Years, tells it all.

I thought that saying was, "You can take the girl out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the girl." :) :)

Am I the only member who has seen the movie, "Supersize Me?" :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z74og9HbTM

can hardly get more silly than that statement. Minding already what to do with this book in case I stolper above ittongue.png

I buy bulk burgers every two months or so. I do enjoy the fillings, but I also know that after eating on of these meals the next requirement is to find toilet within 2 hours. Burger meals always result with stomach pain.

This does not happen to me with the street food in Thailand. I would say that the local small shops are way better quality than some imported junk food.

Actually it's funny you mention about having to do the toilet dash after burger eating, because for me, it's the Pad Thai that does it. I think it is probably something to do with all the oil.

Don't get me wrong, i love a lot of Thai food, including the stuff served street side, and eat it regularly, but after you see the way a lot of it is cooked, what gets added, what doesn't get cleaned, makes you think again about just exactly how healthy it is.

Just because Thais generally don't have a problem with obesity, doesn't mean that the food they are eating isn't causing them other sorts of perhaps less visible, but just as potentially dangerous, problems.