Why was Burger King in Jungceylon full today?

NamKangMan

Around 2pm, it was jammed. No seats inside were available and there was a long que at the counter. It wasn't due to the weather. The sun was out.

I didn't want to eat there, I just walked past.

There was a mixture of nationalities and ages.

What's wrong with these people? They come to a foreign country, surely you want to try a signature dish of Thailand, such as Pad Thai. Instead, they go to a multi-national fast food chain that, for the majority of tourists, is on every corner in their home country. Not to mention it's unhealthy food.

Ok, not everyone can afford a 5 star restaurant, but just a short walk away on Rat' Road there are great Thai restaurants selling affordable, authentic, fresh and healthy Thai food, with a focus on seafood. The restaurants don't look like much, but the food is good.

Are the tourists afraid of hygiene in these restaurants, afraid of getting sick? Do they think all Thai food is super spicey and too hot?

Were they in Burger King for the air conditioning?

I just don't get it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people are happy to eat what they eat back home when on vacation. If they don't wish to eat Thai food then that's their choice.

Can't see the point in being bothered about other peoples choice of food, up to them what they want to eat.

• Like 2

I suppose it's just a globally known menu set. Might as well go to a 5 star place as Burger King in Jungceylon ain't so cheap for a fast food joint. rolleyes.gif

Ok, you would know 100% what you are going to get, but, as you mention, a decent Thai meal would be cheaper.

I think it's sad that tourists on a 2 week holiday would eat at these places, several times, on their holiday.

• Like 1

Plenty of people are happy to eat what they eat back home when on vacation. If they don't wish to eat Thai food then that's their choice.

Can't see the point in being bothered about other peoples choice of food, up to them what they want to eat.

Well, why not go for a nice steak, or chicken breast, with veggies?

Why eat this rubbish?

It's low season, and quite a low season, and this place was full as if it was a high, high season.

I rather eat at Burgerking than 80 %, maybe even 90 % of the so called "Fresh" Thai restaurants.

The only Thai food I eat is my wife's and where she eats and she likes Burgerking and Mac too ! So there you are.

You're an expat. I would say a the place was full with tourists.

Even if they don't trust the cheaper looking Thai restaurants, why not spend a bit of holiday money and eat well in a nicer restaurant?

Just for the record - I do not own a restaurant here. :)

I rather eat at Burgerking than 80 %, maybe even 90 % of the so called "Fresh" Thai restaurants.

The only Thai food I eat is my wife's and where she eats and she likes Burgerking and Mac too ! So there you are.

Even if they don't trust the cheaper looking Thai restaurants, why not spend a bit of holiday money and eat well in a nicer restaurant?

Just for the record - I do not own a restaurant here. :)

They wanted to eat in Burger King, what's the problem?

• Like 1

I suppose it's just a globally known menu set. Might as well go to a 5 star place as Burger King in Jungceylon ain't so cheap for a fast food joint. rolleyes.gif

Ok, you would know 100% what you are going to get, but, as you mention, a decent Thai meal would be cheaper.

I think it's sad that tourists on a 2 week holiday would eat at these places, several times, on their holiday.

I think it is sad that somebody here is trying others to tell what to eat on vacation.

It's hardly healthy food, is it, and if they want to eat it, good luck to them. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should eat.

Like I said, "I just don't get it."

If this is what they chose to eat on their holidays, I can only imagine their diet back home. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Just for the record - I do not own a restaurant here. smile.png

They wanted to eat in Burger King, what's the problem?

No problem. Just there is so much better food available, a short distance away, yet their gravitate to what they know, instead of embracing the travel experience.

Anyway, each to there own.

I suppose it's just a globally known menu set. Might as well go to a 5 star place as Burger King in Jungceylon ain't so cheap for a fast food joint. Posted Image

I think it is sad that somebody here is trying others to tell what to eat on vacation.
It's hardly healthy food, is it, and if they want to eat it, good luck to them. I'm not trying to tell anyone what they should eat.

Like I said, "I just don't get it."

If this is what they chose to eat on their holidays, I can only imagine their diet back home. Posted ImagePosted Image

Well it's very nice you are showing concern for other people, it's none of your business what they do!!

A woman I used to work with took a trip to Phuket with her husband and another couple.

When they returned two weeks later I asked them, 'how was it? Did you enjoy the nightlife etc?'

'We didn't see much of that', she said, 'we just played cards in our room'.

• Like 1

A woman I used to work with took a trip to Phuket with her husband and another couple.

When they returned two weeks later I asked them, 'how was it? Did you enjoy the nightlife etc?'

'We didn't see much of that', she said, 'we just played cards in our room'.

Maybe the TAT could market, "Phuket Swingers Holiday's." :) :)

• Like 1