A-o Multi Entry Extention

Hi All

Have been happily living in LOS for the last 9 months on an A-O multi entry visa and have done 2, 90 day reports.

Have just returned from a trip to Lao and have got a new entry stamp expiring one year from last week.

My next reporting date on the old stamp is next Tuesday but I am led to understand (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=63111) that I no longer have to report on that date but 90 days after my re-entry date.

Also that the date for applying for an extention to my visa is now one year from the date of re-entry.

I know this has all been covered before but I want to make sure I have it correct as I have no wish to get in strife with immigration.

Has anyone out there actually done this or is it only theory?

Robby

It is the way it works. And yes many people have done it.

1. You need to make your next 90 day report 90 days from last weeks entry.

2. You need to make your annual extension of stay before your new permitted to stay stamp expires (next year).

3. After your current one year O-A multi entry visa expires (one year from issue - about 3 more months?) you will require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave Thailand.

It is the way it works. And yes many people have done it.

1. You need to make your next 90 day report 90 days from last weeks entry.

2. You need to make your annual extension of stay before your new permitted to stay stamp expires (next year).

3. After your current one year O-A multi entry visa expires (one year from issue - about 3 more months?) you will require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave Thailand.

Robby,as usual Lop's info/advice is right on the money. I too have the multi OA visa(expired since Feb.15),making my final re-entry into Thailand on Feb.12,now have to get re-entry permit to protect my last 365 day "admitted until date" of Feb. 11,2007(since the visa's now expired) when I leave here for my visit to the U.S. in August. If indeed you still have 3 months left on your visa you also can leave/re-enter Thailand before the visa expires and thus "extend" your stay by about 3 months before eventually having apply for your extension of stay here in LOS.

Thanks for that

Am considering doing a quick trip (like visa run) just before the visa expiry date to extend as far as possible but to me it seemed pretty obvious and I wondered how immigration would view such a trip.

Robby

Thanks for that

Am considering doing a quick trip (like visa run) just before the visa expiry date to extend as far as possible but to me it seemed pretty obvious and I wondered how immigration would view such a trip.

Robby

You/ll have no problem i dont suppose Immigration could care less about your motives providing your visa is in order................many people on these boards have done exactly the same thing.

I sometimes wonder if it would be possible in one of the more "friendlier" Consulates to get "back to back" multi O-A'S..........with the obvious benefit.....(at least one extra O-A anyway :o )

Edited by thaiflyer1

Thanks for that

Robby

You/ll have no problem i dont suppose Immigration could care less about your motives providing your visa is in order................many people on these boards have done exactly the same thing.

I sometimes wonder if it would be possible in one of the more "friendlier" Consulates to get "back to back" multi O-A'S..........with the obvious benefit.....(at least one extra O-A anyway :o )

That sure sounds like a winner to me T.F.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!