over loaded pickup trucks

crocken

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

555, needed a good laugh...guess he's not insured, and if he was his insurance company would laughing, as we are, be one of those rare occasions where I would back an insurance company.

Edited by Rorri

Looks like about 12 leaf springs on the rear axle. Not stock for sure.

I had some river rocks delivered with a Toyota Vigo which didn't seem to have issues with the weight.

When asked they told me the suspension was modified to carry a load of 5 Tonnes. w00t.gif

.......and that kids is why you never even look at second-hand vigos in thailand....

To mention the bleedin' obvious.... did no-one tell them the suspension is not the only component determining max load-weight???

I saw a pickup truck in Silom yesterday with about 20 men in the back...some standing. This is very dangerous too.

They're only standing, as it's more convenient to jump off,.....cheesy.gif

I had some river rocks delivered with a Toyota Vigo which didn't seem to have issues with the weight.

When asked they told me the suspension was modified to carry a load of 5 Tonnes. w00t.gif

Yes...Haul 5 tons...but can the brakes STOP 5 tons???

Yes...Haul 5 tons...but can the brakes STOP 5 tons???

Whenever I drive on Thailands roads, I notice that braking is the least of their concerns smile.png

• Like 1

Only 5 tons of Durian are allowed to carry in a Toyota. You'll need a Mitsu L 200 for 5 tons of rocks in any shapes.

Here's my favorite one........-w00t.gif

Nah, that's not from overloading. The owner made a conversion from pick up to dump truck, just trying to find someone to open the gate.

Somewhere in the Chiang Mai/Chang Rai area.

attachicon.gifLR DSCF5615.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF5617.JPG

PS ... I like the safety aware red flag on the back of the load as a warning signal ... whistling.gif

David, believe it or not I've actually SEEN that truck, or at least somebody with a load of wheelbarrows. But I saw it reversing backwards up an off-ramp because the overpass was labelled at 5.15M. Probably halfway between Lamchabang and the airport.

I've told many of my friends about it and it was my best story up until I saw two horses two months ago on the back of a Vigo in Jomtien - no frame around the cargo area and the horses were bracing themselves for the bumps and turns like seasoned veterans.

Followed a truck, one size up from a pick-up with an elephant on the back. The road was quite winding and hilly and we could see the elephant likewise bracing him/herself against the ups and down and turns along the road. The truck was leaning dangerously as the elephant braced itself going around the bends. Needless to say, we passed as quickly as possible once the coast was clear!sad.png

• Like 1

Only 5 tons of Durian are allowed to carry in a Toyota. You'll need a Mitsu L 200 for 5 tons of rocks in any shapes.

Here's my favorite one........-w00t.gif

Oh... so sad it died.

Two weeks ago on route 331 (Chonburi) I have taken the picture below.

Not only the overload (at least by dimenson) but the general technical condition of this vehicle is remarkable.

The drivers door was kept close by a rope!

cf6ig0b7n8k069466.jpg

WOW ... compare it to the 18 Wheeler in front ... WOW ... w00t.gif

• Like 1