Ecuador 'analysing' Snowden asylum request: FM

webfact

USA wants his guts.

Should be said the USA Government wants his guts

The US Citizens/Americans have voted pro Snowden in every poll I have seen

But not by a wide margin

The problem with all the polls I have seen is it is too small a cross section to really know how Americans feel

Sadly as always probably half of them can't even turn off the Kardashians long enough to know what is even going on.

This is actually the crux of how the people got the government they deserve at this time.

Edited by mania

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The EU will not offer him asylum.

That's ridiculous.

they are checking this right now and not just in one country. The question is will an asylum hold against the extradition treaty? There's now a big chance, since the US has broken the trust and committed felony towards the EU.

Edited by wealth

The EU will not offer him asylum.

That's ridiculous.

they are checking this right now and not just in one country. The question is will an asylum hold against the extradition treaty? There's now a big chance, since the US has broken the trust and committed felony towards the EU.

More like what you wish. Doesn't reflect any reality.

Ecuador is probably out of the picture for Edward Snowden now.

Voices within EU governments, including Germany, getting louder to give him political asylum and citizenship. As one described, this would be the first real asylum in Germany.

We're still at the tip of the iceberg though, but the outrage in Europe is enormously high already.

USA hasn't answered to so many requests for explanations yet, but Clapper hinted that the USA will explain it through diplomatic channels.

Most EU countries are for public explanation and that is what will happen.

The arguments that this is for security no longer holds. I don't think that allies are considered as terrorist supporters, are they?

Please explain me someone what all this has to do with national security. - Zero-Nothing-Nadda-Zilch.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Some people may wisely want to get a little less indignant.

Germany Spies on Americans, Too

http://spytalkblog.b...ricans-too.html

Analysis: United States and Germany spy on each other

http://intelnews.org...1/10/26/01-853/

Germany also profits from US, British spying

http://www.dw.de/ger...ying/a-16916837

New law allows German investigators access to PIN and passwords

http://www.dw.de/new...ords/a-16916923

• Like 1

USA wants his guts.

Should be said the USA Government wants his gutsThe US Citizens/Americans have voted pro Snowden in every poll I have seenBut not by a wide marginThe problem with all the polls I have seen is it is too small a cross section to really know how Americans feelSadly as always probably half of them can't even turn off the Kardashians long enough to know what is even going on.This is actually the crux of how the people got the government they deserve at this time.

better leave it to the government then.

you argue in circles

USA wants his guts.

Should be said the USA Government wants his gutsThe US Citizens/Americans have voted pro Snowden in every poll I have seenBut not by a wide marginThe problem with all the polls I have seen is it is too small a cross section to really know how Americans feelSadly as always probably half of them can't even turn off the Kardashians long enough to know what is even going on.This is actually the crux of how the people got the government they deserve at this time.

better leave it to the government then.

you argue in circles

Is it an argument to say I am not sure how the citizens feel?

Is it false that the US Government would like his head on a plate?

Wheres the beef?

Handful here cannot accept any opinions other than the ones similar to theirs=arguments

mania
Is it an argument to say I am not sure how the citizens feel?

Is it false that the US Government would like his head on a plate?

Wheres the beef?

Handful here cannot accept any opinions other than the ones similar to theirs=arguments

It is quite amazing that in absence of concrete verifiable info on Snowden's status using mere speculation, supposition, musing on Snowden's whereabouts and fate by some is treated as ignorance or even deliberate distortions - while the others who post mere speculation, supposition and even musing on Snowden are 'spot on' and near infallible ... Rather amusing I think ... kindergarten playground sort of thing ... My toy is better than your toy ... mine is shinny and bright ... yours... not so good ... Good Grief!

• Like 1

mania

Is it an argument to say I am not sure how the citizens feel?Is it false that the US Government would like his head on a plate?Wheres the beef?Handful here cannot accept any opinions other than the ones similar to theirs=arguments

It is quite amazing that in absence of concrete verifiable info on Snowden's status using mere speculation, supposition, musing on Snowden's whereabouts and fate by some is treated as ignorance or even deliberate distortions - while the others who post mere speculation, supposition and even musing on Snowden are 'spot on' and near infallible ... Rather amusing I think ... kindergarten playground sort of thing ... My toy is better than your toy ... mine is shinny and bright ... yours... not so good ... Good Grief!

you've lost me. Try shooting with a straight gun.

I am flabbergasted. Snowden incident and its seriousness and we've got posters discussing the amenities for him at an airport.

And somebody else is asking where the beef is.

Facts, facts, facts. Nobody wants Snowden.

The transit area of the airport is not exactly how you describe. The link below indicates what it is like and what is available. I do wish you would keep your bias out of it, it gets quite boring.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3013605/so-what-is-it-like-to-live-in-sheremetyevo-airport-tips-for-edward-snowden

I gave a speculative description of Snowden, not of the transit area itself of the Moscow airport. I've never been there so how could I describe it? I've read of refugees sleeping there for months at a time, so I sort of can picture Snowden sitting Indian style on the floor with tin cup in hand, unshaven and isolated. I don't know the transit area firsthand, nor do I care to have a remedial lesson in the physical aspects of the transit area there - I haven't the time to read such trivia..

You're not doing very well with the facts here.

Edited by Scott
Deleted posts edited out

here are up to date facts Fdog.

Ecuador are getting cold on Assange and his involvement in the Snowden issue feeling that Assange is quote "running the show"'

US made personal telephone call to Correa politely asking him for Ecuador not to grant asylum for Snowden. Correa is reported as saying he was appreciative of the polite request.

Ecuador don't want Snowden.

They will probably ditch Assange also.

US whistleblower Edward Snowden may have asylum in Russia as long as he stops releasing information about US intelligence programs, Russian President Vladimir Putin says.

"Russia never hands over anybody anywhere and has no intention to do so," Putin told a news conference in Moscow.

"If he (Snowden) wants to remain here there is one condition - he should stop his work aimed at inflicting damage on our American partners no matter how strange this may sound coming from me."

oh yeh.

so what's in it for Putin. Goodness of his heart or am I missing something.

I am flabbergasted. Snowden incident and its seriousness and we've got posters discussing the amenities for him at an airport.

Now, you've made your first coherent comment, congratulations! Right, Snowden not important at all, It is the revelations made by Snowden that are worthy of a thread, but there is no such thread.

There's lots of news items about it but the News Guy hasn't posted any, not sure why. Here's a basis for a thread, while Snowden sits wherever.

http://news.yahoo.com/nsas-mini-coverups-155508996.html

Now, you've made your first coherent comment, congratulations! Right, Snowden not important at all, It is the revelations made by Snowden that are worthy of a thread, but there is no such thread.

There's lots of news items about it but the News Guy hasn't posted any, not sure why. Here's a basis for a thread, while Snowden sits wherever.

http://news.yahoo.com/nsas-mini-coverups-155508996.html

Please read my post #422

I can't say it much better than that.

I understand your concerns about what us govt have done in the past.

A swap of Snowden for Bout. Short odds.

Not possible.

Umm, ok, well how about.

Russia gives him a temp visa while considering asylum and he wanders into the Ecuadorean embassy and asks for asylum there and then off he goes.

Is that plausible, or not? Just thinking out loud. :)

A swap of Snowden for Bout. Short odds.

Not possible.

Well, when Snowden got stalled at the Moscow airport, which was after SECSTATE Kerry in India had mentioned US-Russia prisoner exchanges of the recent past, I'd thought Snowden for Bout, especially given Bout and Putin are personal pals. I'd wondered if the dealmaking had been going on all of last week. Turns out the dealmaking was for the US to stop the bleeding of NSA info and documents immediately and at any cost, to include forgoing apprehending Snowden.

Putin really doesn't want to tick off the US on this one and it appears the US will be relieved Snowden will stop all the leaking even if that means the US never gets Snowden on the arrest warrant. Meanwhile Bout stays in the slammer in the US and Putin gets the problem of the unpredictable brat Snowden.

However, Putin also gets all of Snowden's NSA info and documents too, same as Beijing did. Now I wonder whether Assange has them to publish anyway in Wikileaks. If Assange has the stuff eventually to publish, then what's the purpose and point of this supposed deal? If Wikileaks has all the NSA stuff, then the only thing that could stop them publishing it is if their building burned to the ground, or suffered a gas leak explosion or some such smile.png

And I wonder if Snowden realizes Russia has two seasons, winter and August.

• Like 1

I have to admit (and I suspect this won't make me very popular rolleyes.gif ) that I really enjoy the discomfiture and embarrassment of governments (including my own) being caught on the hop and not practising what they preach. What's even more entertaining is watching the 'my country right or wrong crowd' trying to justify their government's actions. Although I'm not from the US and I'm no great admirer of Ronald Reagan he had it spot on when he said the '9 most terrifying words' - "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" laugh.pngclap2.gif