Bangkok Bank's Simple Solution

Credit cars function perfectly here. I guess the OP's issue is that he is trying to book a flight with a... Debit card!

Might be done, but far more complicated than with credit card.

Not the problem. I had already booked the international flights with the card, It just became recalcitrant when I tried to book the internal flights.

The main issue was that there was a problem with the card and and that when Bangkok Bank employees, on three occasions, did not understand or know how to deal with the problem they hung up the phone.

The problem has since been resolved by visiting the bank but my wife and I are now not sitting together on one leg of the flight.

.............Thats a bonus!

The solution is to have another card with another account and stop making problem ? In Thailand think like a Thai and forget your western way of resolving problems, nobody cares here !!!

Actually the Thai way is to make as little problem as possible to solve things , the western way is to try and get your way by making a large problem out of a little problem.

But my suggestion was to have the Bankers phone number for next time to avoid a problem rather than to have to solve one , not an account number , the bankers business card and personal cell number.

We have had our Bank Manager's Personal Phone number for the last 6 years and have resolved all sorts of problems this way, even to the extent the Manager has popped round with our House Insurance Policy - try and get that in the good old UK!!!!!!clap2.gif

solution never use or have any thailand credit or debit cards , american credit cards best , singapore next - there is no thai way or western way -go with the company that provides superior customer service. that way incompetent companies dont survive and grow- simple

One thing to keep in mind. A lot of US credit cards add an "Overseas charge" of one or two per cent. Some do, some don't. Granted, it's not a lot of money, but the 'nickel and dime' attitude can be annoying. Best to check first.

Edited by marell

Actually the Thai way is to make as little problem as possible to solve things , the western way is to try and get your way by making a large problem out of a little problem.

They avoid fixing anything (even you must know this if you live here!) - that doesn't make the problem smaller - it makes sure the problem never gets smaller.

• 3 months later...

I can not book flights with Air Asia for THailand internal flights with a credit card in America. My credit card company approved it but Air Asia doesn't book it. I have tried 2 visa cards from different banks. Their "live chat" said (after 30 minutes of waiting) to fill in a form and someone would get back to me. No one did. Worst customer service EVER. I have to have a friend in BKK book it for me.

I have had the same problem with Bangkok Bank, they make it hard to work with them. Even their english translation on the phone changes people talking and the second one is near impossible to understand, go figure. I had to get a customer number issued and a new pin set up to use my card online with no problems, just go to your local branch and tell them you want your card to have internet access, takes them a while as no one seems to know what to do but eventual;ly it does happen, you will need your passport to do it too.

Credit cars function perfectly here. I guess the OP's issue is that he is trying to book a flight with a... Debit card!

Not the problem. I had already booked the international flights with the card, It just became recalcitrant when I tried to book the internal flights.

The main issue was that there was a problem with the card and and that when Bangkok Bank employees, on three occasions, did not understand or know how to deal with the problem they hung up the phone.

The problem has since been resolved by visiting the bank but my wife and I are now not sitting together on one leg of the flight.

result then.

result then.

Thats an awful lot of work and story telling to come up with the result, hope she believes it.

Edited by itchybum