Carabao Concert Review

Gone

Well it was a good concert in many respects. It was in the Hard Rock Hotels's indoor stadium but there were no tables or chairs to sit down. The hall was about 35 x 35 meters of standing room so it was a nice personal concert and easy to see them EXCEPT people do not use normal cameras or iPhones these days, they all have iPads and tablets which are much bigger so that was a little annoying but great for them who were recording the concert.

Tickets were 1600 baht with free beer or whiskey but for that price it would have been nice to have tables and chairs.

Great concert, great sound but I was in bed by 12:00 only because I don't do standing for long times.

Sorry to the people who paid for rooms etc. and had the bennifit of getting in 15 minute early. We all figured that they would get the best seats etc. however it was of no bennifit to them. Band was supposed to start at 8:30 but didn't kick off until just before 10:00. (lots of standing around).

The worst thing was if you were a smoker, every time you went outside for a smoke you had to re-enter the lineup and go through security checks every time. Me having a syringe full of insulin in my bag was a pain, lol.

Carabao is getting older but to me they did a great job and played a lot of their old time famous songs and really pleased the crowd.

All in all.......... I'm glad I went but having seen them many times before, I could have easily missed this concert and it was even my birthday so ....... Ok it was cool.

}PS: T-shirts were between 350 to 1,500 baht for a sleeveless vest. Decent quality shirts so I bought one lol. (350 baht one).

Edited by Gone

How was the car parking situation? The Hard rock doesn't seem to have that many parking space for their guests just to begin with.

Must be quite an intimate venue though, it'd be rare to see musicians of this calibre in such a venue now. Are there any opening band?

Can't imagine the 'sponsors' pushing the drinks (beers and whiskey) get much customs afterwards though

Parking was fine as far as I know. I have a bike so I was fine.

Yes it was a very intimate concert for those who have never seen the band "up close". You could almost touch them.

Khun Terry rolled up on "P"Lek's harley chopper and then sat in the van for awhile and seemed pretty out of it but performed awesome as usual.

Eventually there were quite a few choppers parked out front and a nice Ferrari which I think belonged to Lam Morrison but Can't be sure. I didn't recognize the driver but saw him up close and then again I haven't seen Lam for years so maybe someone can tell me if I'm right or wrong?

They had a nice, large smoking area set up outside at first and were going to give away beers too but after Hurricane Jessy rolled in and blew everything around for 30 minutes (then it was over), they took all the tables and beer stand inside somewhere.

I've seen Lam Morrison around town in a red lotus esprit with 'modifications', quite unique,

Khun Lek Carabao had a place in my soi so all the entourage on Harleys seems to congregate there and I was treated to a mini bike week on Saturday morning

Caught the concert down south earlier this month. Half an hour before they arrived to play the heavens opened up. Still a great concert and only one little scuffle that was brought under control within seconds.

Free tickets and 50 baht parking so I was well happy.

How did the free flow work? I was gutted that i missed it due to work.

Free flow of drinks you mean? That was pretty good. No long waits or anything. I left about 11:45 and think they ran out of beer but maybe someone else who stayed later can say for sure?

I would like to hear how their concert at the prison the next day turned out if anyone went? lol

What I liked about this concert was the very small crowd, inside with AC, and no fights. Parking was OK. Beer was only Singha light...yuck. And 100 Pipers with many types of whiskey.

It was great being only 3-4 meters from the band. You could see everything they were doing. Fantastic concert.

I heard they will be back in December.