Boston Thai Consualate question?

Sawadee Caap… Visa Info needed..USA Citizen here…

Has anybody out there used the Boston Thai Consulate Before?

I will be in Boston for about a month in August and have used this consul before but many years ago.

I want to get 1 year multiple entry visa (Tourist) visa from the Boston Thai Consulate as I travel to Thailand back and forth from work about 6 times a year normally just use a 30 airport stamp.

I need the visa to get proper Thai driver’s license and to avoid minimal overstays I’ve been paying this past year.

??? I need to know, How long will my passport normally be tied up at consulate for this as I need the passport in hand for other uses while in USA.??

II am on a pretty tight schedule as well…..

Can I get it done in 1,2,3, days will be fine if I need to leave for a week or so might be a problem for me with other things I have scheduled and require a passport.

Thanks for your replies….cheers

There is no such visa - tourist visas are issued as single, two or three entry. And believe most people making application for DL are on non immigrant visa entry. But unless over age 50 or married/father of Thai that would not normally be available.

There is no thai consulate in Boston any more. You have to mail it to NYC. Usually takes a little over a week

Or just go to NYC for a few days and leave with passport in your hand

Up to you

There is a honorary Thai consulate in Boston.

Contact info for all honorary consulates is here: http://www.visetkaew.com/wp/directories/

There is no thai consulate in Boston any more. You have to mail it to NYC. Usually takes a little over a week

Or just go to NYC for a few days and leave with passport in your hand

Up to you

There is a honorary Thai consulate in Boston.

Contact info for all honorary consulates is here: http://www.visetkaew.com/wp/directories/

Yes ..Unless it has closed but 4 years ago it was right by the Union Oyster House near Fanual Hall Market place....

first I've herd of it being closed??

Really I can not get a one year multiple entry tourist visa???

yes I am over 50....but not retired...

I will have to look in one of my old passports but im sure I have gotten multiple entry tourist visas before..? hmmm?

I went to the Boston Thai consulate last year to get my multi entry visa. The best advice I can give is this: Do not just show up at the consulate, call and make an appointment. You should be able to get one w/in a week of calling. Once there it took me less than 10 mins to pay the fee and get the stamp. Here is the link http://www.thaiconsulatebos.org/ The website only contains the address & number so do not be alarmed. I can not stress enough getting an appointment - a gentlemen did a walk-in hoping to get a visa stamp. The secretary denied him and said "I would not show up at your work place unannounced expecting assistance" Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...

YES thanks for all the info...

One more question for you..

I have been working offshore and Houston is my closest Thai Embassey/consul when I get off the ship.

Can I apply for my thai visa there or do I have to Apply at the Boston or Portland consul (Thanks for the tip) consul, since my official tax residence is Boston even though I seldom go there?

I should be able to apply for my NON IMMIGRANT "O" one year multiple entry to visit Family (I have a Thai child) 200 USD fee

Houston would be best for me Then fly to Thailand like I normally do. Hopefully with a visa instead of my normal 30 Day entry stamp which has worked fine for me for 6 years...

cheers

My experience with the Houston Consulate is at least 5 years old but they issued a 1-year (multi) Non-O to me, a UK passport holder attending an industry convention in Houston. I provided a letter from my then UK-based employer. I submitted the application one day and collected the passport with visa the following day. However, I had received similar visas from them previously as Houston-based resident alien (L1 visa).

Times have changed and I recommend calling them directly rather than relying on any forum members experience, even recent experience as Thai immigration issues are pretty dynamic at the moment. Some Thai consulates do restrict issuing visas based on the applicants state of domicile (Denver, CO for example) so best call and check first.

Despite not being retired, the OP qualifies for that class of Non-O visa by being over 50. I am over 50 myself and still active in E&P industry. I am also married and domiciled in Thailand and the Non-O retired and subsequent extensions is the "path of least resistance" IMHO. The only caveat is if you intend to seek work in Thailand where a Thai WP cannot be enabled on a retirement option visa.

You can apply in Houston.

There is no assigned areas for the honorary consulates.

FYI, saw this notice on the Thai Consulate Houston website:

Per new instructions from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand we are not accepting visa applications by mail or Fed Ex until further notice. All applications must be made in person.
This policy is under review, but is in effect until further notice. Please continue to check our website for updates.
Not sure if this is old or new 'news'?
Found this for Boston:
MASSACHUSETTS
ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL
41 UNION STREET,
BOSTON, MA 02108
Tel : (617) 720-8424
Fax : (617) 227-2306
Honorary Consul-General, MR. JOSEPH MILANO
Mr. Milano owns/operates the venerable Union Oyster House.

Old news. I think was about a year ago that the embassy gave a directive that the honorary consulates can no longer accept mail in applications.

So are you saying that this is still valid? Or that some/all consulates are now accepting applications by mail? Or that only the Embassy in Washington, DC accepts applications by mail? And that you may apply in person at the Embassy or a Consul?

As far as i know the honorary consulates cannot accept mail in applications. There might be some that will accept them. You would need to contact them to see what they will do.

You can do mail in applications to the embassy or the official consulates in NY, Chicago and LA.

• Like 1

I know someone that recently, in FEB, contacted a consulate via email and their stance was that they could not process it by mail. They told him to call and when he did he was able to get everything done by courier service. I guess that the"official" response was given in writing but the actual issuance was handled by mail since the communication was not written. IT doesn;t hurt to call them and ask!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am going to Thailand for 4 months,I am married to a Thai lady.What is the best and cheapest visa or visas for me to get.Thank you in Advance .Nick

A single entry non "O visa followed by a 60 day extension of stay based on visiting your wife. Your wife will need to be present when the extension is applied for.

Or a double entry tourist visa which could provide up to a 6 month stay with one border crossing.