'Couple fight' led to spectacular truck accident: Korat

webfact

'Couple Fight' Led To Spectacular Truck Accident

fight.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: -- Water truck crashed into 3 vehicles and plunged into a canal near a school in Nakorn Ratchasima province after the driver reportedly argued with his wife while driving.

The accident took place in front of Suranaree Wittaya school on Mittaparp Road. When police arrived, Mr Suchart (surname unclear), 38, was being loudly scolded by his apparently angry wife who was being restrained by the school teachers and some locals from lurching at Mr. Suchart.

Mr. Suchart told police he was delivering fresh water to customers in the province and had been arguing hotly with his wife on the way. He said he lost control of the truck when the woman took hold of the steering wheel and drove the truck madly onto the sidewalk, hitting 3 cars and the school′s fence, then plunged down the roadside canal.

However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel.

Although no injury was reported, a police officer said it was extremely fortunate that the school session was ongoing at the time of the accident. The officer said the road around the school was usually packed with students leaving school in their parents′ cars or buses in late afternoon, and it would have been a tragedy if the accident had taken place during that time.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016QTRNRFl5TkE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

True! Add an angry Thai wife in the car who wants to steer as well and the disaster is complete tongue.png

• Like 1

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Is that really considered atypical? All of my long-term Thai girlfriends have taken the wheel of my car on at least one occasion and swung it into things.

• Like 2

you can find all the excuses you want but Thai drivers are among the most dangerous drivers in the world. that is a reality .....

In addition most Thais cannot speak and chew gum at the same time, hence it all goes (adds up) to reduce their driving ability.

I don't think that Thais are among the most dangerous drivers in the world but, I do think that THEY ARE the most dangerous drivers in the world.

If they were a 10th as good as they think they are where are all the F1 Thai drivers (forgetting where are the Thai world champions)

The closest that they get is racing on Sukhumvit Road whistling.gif

• Like 2

In addition most Thais cannot speak and chew gum at the same time, hence it all goes (adds up) to reduce their driving ability.

I see may examples that contradict that daily..... in fact it seems to be obligatory to talk on the phone at the same time.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

"However, Mr. Suchart′s wife told the officers she thought she saw a motorcycle coming toward the truck when she took the steering wheel."

That sounds like a bold faced lie to save face for both her and her husband. She sounds like the A-Typical psycho Thai woman to me that can't control her temper and lose all common sense when their brain gets overloaded.

I don't know what the truth is and the above statement is just supposition on my part.

CB

Is that really considered atypical? All of my long-term Thai girlfriends have taken the wheel of my car on at least one occasion and swung it into things.

You must be a crazy ass to let happen; if there is a serious accident, then your long term girlfriend will lie her rear end off thus drop in a pile of crap

Edited by britinthai

Thailand might not display the best driving skills on its roads but its drivers are far from the worst in the world.

If you find that difficult to believe try travelling a bit more and experience driving in the Middle East, Africa and the CIS before bleating the standard "Thais are no good at Blah Blah Blah" garbage that seems obligatory of 90% of TV members in response to any post.

Agreed. And I feel much safer driving in Thailand than down in Singapore where I spend most of my time. Thais are sometimes 'in their own world' when they're driving. Singaporeans are like this also, but add to this that they're inconsiderate on the roads and only look after themselves. A much more stressful driving experience than in Thailand.

CB

You must be a crazy ass to let happen; if there is a serious accident, then your long term girlfriend will lie her rear end off thus drop in a pile of crap

Think you missed that he was being ironic in reference to the misuse of the word 'atypical' (rather than 'typical') in the earlier post....

Humm, sounds like that marriage has become a little "watered down" in the "happiness factor". Or perhaps even water logged from lack of " free flowing love". Sounds like someone needs to turn that "marrige tap" to the "off" position. Find new plumbers.

CB

Bullseye! Only comment to add would be that both: Thai women and men percentage-wise are equally psycho... wink.png

However, the couple should be jailed and sentenced for attempted manslaughter or something - hope they will not get away by just paying a fine for reckless driving. Let them pay dearly for all the damage plus do some hard jailtime. By paying off their debt, they will have a whole life to meditate over their stupidity and ignorance when tired of fighting with their jailmates.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Humm, sounds like that marriage has become a little "watered down" in the "happiness factor". Or perhaps even water logged from lack of " free flowing love". Sounds like someone needs to turn that "marrige tap" to the "off" position. Find new plumbers.

Heh, heh. I think the truck (and their marriage) hydro-failed. I hope they cry each other a canal and keep on truckin' (in separate trucks).

Edited by MaxYakov

Don't agree........Thailand is far from the safest country with traffic but not 'most dangerous in the world'. Go to India, go to Africa, go to South America. Or even Europe; Spain, Belgium...... Thai traffic is still relatively peaceful and of course accidents happen. Over 60.000.000 people and (still) poor mentality with safety belts. I prefer to drive in Thailand over many countries in Europe.........

CB

IS that when the clock starts ticking?

Never piss of a Thai woman...som nom na

As the great bard said "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and this applies everywhere in the world!