Holiday advice October

I'm planning a holiday in October now November 9th-23rd and were planning on have 1 night in Bangkok then 3 in chaing mai 3 Phuket 2 phi phi 2 krabi 2 somewhere else and last night in Bangkok but are a bit unsure what the weather will be like in Phuket phi phi krabi area? Any advice is welcome thanks

rolleyes.gif You can't tell for certain but in most of Thailand October and November will have a lot of rain.

That doesn't mean raining all the time, but there will be a lot of rain and sometimes heavy showers and probably thunderstorms.

Do like the Thais do, and just shelter from the heavy storms and go on with life when they stop.

rolleyes.gif

(after all, even if you do get wet, it's only water).

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I'd spend more than 2 days in a place otherwise you'll be on a bus,plane, at an airport or station for half your trip.

Good luck anyway.

That's what I was thinking ... strange sort of 'holiday' planning ... might want to re-consider your plans.

Cheers for the advice I'm not bothered about the rain but some are wanting some time to sunbathe on a beach might change and do a week up chaing mai then a week somewhere else! Any recommendations for nice beach but not to much rain ?

Cheers for the advice I'm not bothered about the rain but some are wanting some time to sunbathe on a beach might change and do a week up chaing mai then a week somewhere else! Any recommendations for nice beach but not to much rain ?

I would look at Khao Lak or Ko Chang. I like both places. Personally I would give both Krabi and Phuket a miss. Really depends on your budget, bear in mind that prices go up 1st Nov in most places and I have seen in the past Ko Chang prices go up 1st Oct!!

I would look at Khao Lak or Ko Chang. I like both places. Personally I would give both Krabi and Phuket a miss. Really depends on your budget, bear in mind that prices go up 1st Nov in most places and I have seen in the past Ko Chang prices go up 1st Oct!!
The 17th of Nov: is Loy Krathong holiday look it up you will find that many of the hotel's on the island's not to mention other resorts would be full just bare that in mind, even if you have booked it'll be first come first served also travel will be affected big time for a few day's either side of same.

If you do a week in C/M you would be right in the middle of the holiday when you decide to go to your next destination, a bit more planning is needed or you could find yourself sleeping on the beach as well a sunning yourself.

Edited by fredob43

I'd spend more than 2 days in a place otherwise you'll be on a bus,plane, at an airport or station for half your trip.

Good luck anyway.

Just what I thought too. 2 nights = 1 day. You sure won't see much.

Also remember it can be very tiring constantly traveling when its very hot.