Ladyboy Steals Cosmetics from Convenience Store in Pattaya

Rimmer

The quality of journalism on Thaivisa is terrible. Wrong grammar , run on sentences, facts omitted., sentences that simply don't make sense and they do nothing to improve the site.

I really don't understand their thinking.

You are catering to the English speaking foreigners so why don't you have people that really know English and journalism.

How hard is it to do a re-write of a story from another source Not very if you really know english

Mmm. I lose sleep over it myself.coffee1.gif

Why is this news? I'm sure people get caught stealing from 7/11 hourly in this country considering they have 345454654756 locations

345,454,654,756 that many 7/11s in Thailand. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

That is about as news worthy as the whole article.coffee1.gif

Must have been a slow day for the Pattaya News or killings are getting so common they are not newsworthy any more.sad.png

"...or killings are getting so common they are not newsworthy any more." Lousy thing to say. I think that you have been exacerbating too much.dry.png Makes one's brain go soft you know...tongue.png

Why is this news? I'm sure people get caught stealing from 7/11 hourly in this country considering they have 345454654756 locations

They opened 18 more stores while you were typing that!!

And, 6473945762109 gender reassignment surgeries were performed in LOS. :o

Must be a slow day in Thailand. No taxi drivers hacking up Americans, BUT, a ladyboy did steal cosmetics from a 7/11. Wow!!! I'm shocked!!! ohmy.png

One word to the senior desk editor: "Drivel."

"......as soon as he was caught by the 7-Eleven staff, she called her friend to pay for the stolen cosmetics because he didn’t want be arrested by the police."

I wish they'd get the gender sorted out. Is he a she or is she a he? coffee1.gif

I sort it out for you.

The gender is IT.

it's news because the reporters don't know how, or are told NOT to follow up on the real news issues such as

1. finding those pig's that tortured the little mayanmar girl for years?
  2. where is the money payed to developer for new police buildings? but what no buildings?
  3. what happened to the police in Samui that tried to extort money from aussie guy after motor cycle accident and would not give his passport back unless he pated them?
  4. police and others caught in people smuggling?
  5. and most of all finding whom is responsible for making this ladyboy theft a news item?
  6. etc,ect,ect.

This specific 7-eleven store had made a great disservice to itself in the way they handle this.

By first accepting that the thief get the option to pay for the items, and even inviting a friend to try to help him/her out, they invite all and everyone to see if they can get away with the same.

Calling the police, for every tiny chocolate bar, is the only way to try to stop the shoplifting to go epidemic.

May not be as simple as you assume, If the shoplifter had not actually left the premises with the goods, the shoplifter can always say 'I'm not finished browsing yet'.

Or, even if the items have been placed in dark places it's possible no actual offence has been committed until the dark places has actually left the store.

Another poster has a relevant point, shoplifting is rampant in Thailand, people from all walks of life, not only ladyboys, and some farangs thrown in. In cities like Pattaya, Bkk and many more it's a hard decision whether to call the cops every time a pencil goes awol. And I rather doubt the police would be all keep to dispatch a BIB to every shoplifting scene - not enough BIBs.

Fully agree. I didn't say that the staff should apprehend the shoplifters inside the shop. What I said was that once they have caught the shoplifters, at the appropriate place, they should call the police and not offer them the option to just pay for the stuff and leave.

The quality of journalism on Thaivisa is terrible. Wrong grammar , run on sentences, facts omitted., sentences that simply don't make sense and they do nothing to improve the site.

I really don't understand their thinking.

You are catering to the English speaking foreigners so why don't you have people that really know English and journalism.

How hard is it to do a re-write of a story from another source Not very if you really know english

You are obviously unacquainted with the quality of education in even western public schools these days... ("These days" I say, but it's been going on for decades and so by now has found its way into the workplace.) OR the level of "best practice" within contemporary journalistic enterprise (i.e., the media). Why would you not expect what's lost importance in the west to not eventually lose importance to fast learners like the Thais as well?

"......as soon as he was caught by the 7-Eleven staff, she called her friend to pay for the stolen cosmetics because he didn’t want be arrested by the police."

I wish they'd get the gender sorted out. Is he a she or is she a he

well that one in the pic is a creature from another world !

Trying to create the Angelina Jolie look.

Obviously , from the Photos of the Ladyboys they are in desperate need of these products.

But on closer inspection I would suggest the 9 products would never suffice these to make any improvement.

It appears they have been on 'ugly' pills which are definitely working.

clap2.gif

Edited by Ohio

Are you kidding? Pattaya One News must be really steaming that PDN scoped them on this one. For PON, this would be one of their biggest stories of the year.

BTW, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

• Like 1

I wish they'd get the gender sorted out. Is he a she or is she a he? coffee1.gif

A ladyboy is a he.

A ladyboy is a he.

A ladyboy is a he.

But it's polite and more respectful to refer to ladyboys as "she".

I don't see any tattoos or African kids around. sad.png

Edited by Payboy

What a very disrespectful comment.

Must have been a slow day for the Pattaya News or killings are getting so common they are not newsworthy any more.sad.png

"...or killings are getting so common they are not newsworthy any more." Lousy thing to say. I think that you have been exacerbating too much.dry.png Makes one's brain go soft you know...tongue.png

Would that make him an exacerbationist?

Is that legal here?

Do you do it with or without clothes on?

My mind boggles w00t.gifcheesy.gif

Just wondering why this is 'news' and why all the replies. Is it the fact that she is a ladyboy or a thief? is the Pattaya Times catering for people interested in ladyboys?

Nah it just tells you that Pattaya is in the depths of low season with naught much happening.

Thus the need for the cosmetics rolleyes.gif

Initially I tried to just poke fun at this but I was compelled to return give a more straightforward opinion. "Must have been a slow day for the Pattaya News or killings are getting so common they are not newsworthy any more." Hey hellodolly: Anyone who thinks that there is anything perceptive-insightful, astute or humorous in that comment is nothing but a wretched cretin- a moral imbecile- an absolute turd. Knock it off with the sad face B.S. that you placed at the end of it. You are quite smug with yourself about this statement as betrayed by its cheap rhetorical delivery. wink.png

Edited by techboy