What medicine do you take for high blood pressure in LOS?

I take ENARIL Tablets

enaril_2.jpg

enaril_3.jpg

The best bit is that my dose is 10mg ... so I simply break the 20mg in half.

Twice as much drugs for the same money.

You can either buy them by the card above, or by the box.

Cheap as.

You'll want to take a similar class of med as you have been taking. There are a number of different kinds of BP meds. Best to see a doc or a really good pharmacist (very rare here) to best match the med and dose. Sometimes the exact same med (chemical) is available here with a different brand name so check that first.

• Like 1

You'll want to take a similar class of med as you have been taking. There are a number of different kinds of BP meds. Best to see a doc or a really good pharmacist (very rare here) to best match the med and dose. Sometimes the exact same med (chemical) is available here with a different brand name so check that first.

Excellent advice ... thumbsup.gif

The drug I take (Post #3) is the copy of the one I take in Australia.

Have been using it (the Thai Drug) for maybe 3 years now and the effects are exactly as for what I'd expect from the Western prescribed medicine.

Everything Jingthing says above is spot on*.

* Ouch ... that hurt to write ... biggrin.png

Have been using it (the Thai Drug) for maybe 3 years now and the effects are exactly as for what I'd expect from the Western prescribed medicine.

Now you gotta burn your keyboard....

Seriously, I take 2 different imports (Bumrungrad) and I'd love to find local made generic equivalents to get the daily cost down.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Believe known as Aprovel (Irbesartan) and is available in Thailand in 150 or 300 mgm tablets.

Yeah I thought the odds were good there was a match like that.

Best to confirm with a little internet research to see that the active chemical is really the same.

Brand names vary widely across countries.

A great thread! I plan on moving to TH soon and am on various medications for BP, Cholesterol and Type II Diabetes as well as Digesics for Lumber disc disease. Some I have seen in this thread, others I have not seen. Last trip when I tried to get Digesics (paracetamol and something else I can't remember at the minute), the 2 pharmacy's in Bangkok had never heard of Digesic but were happy to sell me the component drug (not the paracetamol) in capsule form. All I had to do was get the ratios and dosage right. That worked fine; couldn't feel a thing. thumbsup.gif Seriously though, it worked OK.

Is there a way I can check beforehand on general availability and dosages available of the other specific meds (chemicals) I take?

Apart from the Digesics above every time I have been before I pre-purchased in bulk and brought what I needed with me for the duration.

P.S. My bags rattled but I've never been queried by Thai or Aussie customs for that matter.

cheers

Now you gotta burn your keyboard....

Seriously, I take 2 different imports (Bumrungrad) and I'd love to find local made generic equivalents to get the daily cost down.

What are the names of the medication you're presently taking ?

In the mornings caffeine.

In the afternoons Fruit Juice.

In the evenings depending on the day of the week.

Mon. Leo

Tue. Singh

Wed. Heineken

Thu. Federbrau

Fri. Asahi

Sat. Lucky Dip

Sun. Lucky Dip

Tend to stay away from Chang. Chemicals in it make me feel unwell. G&T is also very good for high blood pressure....at least it works for me.

This is very bad advice.

While it is true that while drinking your blood pressure goes down, since your blood vessels expand in size, the persistent effect of alcohol consumption is to increase your resting blood pressure.

This is why alcohol consumption is listed as a risk factor for hypertension in every medical textbook, and why every doctor will advise hypertensive people to cut out alcohol altogether, and why alcoholics who give up drinking show a huge reduction in hypertension.

This is very bad advice.

While it is true that while drinking your blood pressure goes down, since your blood vessels expand in size, the persistent effect of alcohol consumption is to increase your resting blood pressure.

This is why alcohol consumption is listed as a risk factor for hypertension in every medical textbook, and why every doctor will advise hypertensive people to cut out alcohol altogether, and why alcoholics who give up drinking show a huge reduction in hypertension.

Relax, I believe it was an attempt at black humour or similar.

This is very bad advice.

Absolutely, and definitely was not offering advice. But it does work for me. And consumption is regulated.

This is very bad advice.

An additional poster (#9) already advocated alcohol as a treatment ("seriously"- his words), and there is a genuine misunderstanding about the effects of alcohol on blood pressure, since in the short term it really does decrease blood pressure.

So I think it was worth posting for people who aren't aware of this.

Edited by partington

This is very bad advice.

An additional poster (#9) already advocated alcohol as a treatment ("seriously"- his words), and there is a genuine misunderstanding about the effects of alcohol on blood pressure, since in the short term it really does decrease blood pressure.

So I think it was worth posting for people who aren't aware of this.

I agree, and even though the previous poster was thought to be joking, it seems from his most recent post that it was only partially so. Sooooo, when it comes to the liver and blood pressure you can pay now or you can pay later, but you will pay. Queue the stories of my grandad who drank X every day for 120 years and died of ingrown toenails. laugh.png

If you are in Thailand and you are getting low on medicine go to the Pharmacy and take the box of what you take at home.They will look it up show you a box that is different but show you the ingediants same same.Never had a problem,I have got onto an old girl and she knows the game backwards

I was put on avapro and took it for 2 to 3 months and recently stopped as there were too many side effects.

I started putting on a lot of weight around the stomach area. I felt like shit for 2 hours everyday after taking the pill in the morning. I had memory issues and finally it caused hair thinning. You can google all these symptoms for avapro and read personal reviews from patients. It will not be spelt out in the product information when you buy the pills- no surprise there...