Thailand has a new popular sensation - Hitler

Lite Beer

Hitler was not really a white supremacist. He was a German nationalist.

Anyways, I don't think Thais expect foreigners to see this sort of stuff. I'm sure they don' mean to offend Jews or anybody else the Nazis killed. To them he's some kind of cool superhero farang dictator.

Oh...they MEAN to offend Jews, if the white Farang tell the Thai Nazis what to think and do, Thais will do it. Obviously they mean to offend Jews. Obviously Thai people are not stupid, even though they seem vacant. I would not call them innovative, but they are not stupid, or more so than anyone from Europe. However you measure intelligence, Thai people are just not filled with facts as Westerners are, but they know exactly what Hitler is, they know what they are doing. Stop making excuses for their hateful racism, they are racist towards Burmese they are not empty and stupid, they are part of a very poor area of SE Asia trying to attract investors. This is like a neon sign begging wealthy racist Westerners to come to Thailand, "we serve you" is probably more the slogan. People who can't see this are themselves lacking in basic insight (a euphemism for intelligence).

This is another type of manipulation of the masses by the far right.

Their aim is make the Jews appear as different from the populations of whichever countries they live in as possible, to alienate giving the semblance that the Jews are complete foreigners, not as part of their birth countries.

They work on the belief that if you tell something and publicise something as being fact long enough, people will soon begin to take it in as fact, such as Europeans being described as whites and the Jews being described only as Jews, as if they are some sort of unique alien race. This is how they try to segregate the Jews from their countrymen.

The Jews of Europe and those with a status of having a long European history are white. (Hopefully this will not open up a can of worms for those with their so-called expert race analysis). The so-called white supremacists consider themselves as being the elite of all the white races, pure and pedigree, which was also the philosophy of Hitler and the Nazis. They considered the Slavs, many Eastern Europeans and the Jews who were placed at the bottom of the heap as Untermensch (German for under man, sub-man, sub-human). Read your history books.

According to the some Thais and other non-European nations, especially those who have a certain contempt for all white people, consider the WW2 European war as only white people, of perhaps different tribes, killing other white people. It literally means nothing to them. This is why so little is taught at the schools and Universities here in Thailand regarding the two European parts of the world wars.

There could be a lot of truth in the saying; East is east, and west is west, and never the twain shall meet and one thing I am certain of for sure, if they decided to single us out in Thailand, there would be no need to impose us to wear yellow star badges, this time everyone would all be in this together, considered one of the same by the Thais.

"The Jews of Europe and those with a status of having a long European history are white." - what a fatuous statement

Edited by wilcopops

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Jews are white. Some Jews aren't. White isn't really a race. It is a color associated with MANY ethnicities, including many Jews.

The current Miss Israel:

post-37101-0-13536700-1373797204_thumb.j

Yes the history of anti-semitism is related to majority populations focusing on the "differentness" of Jews and the ones that don't assimilate culturally are quite different from their surrounding majority populations.

The Nazis didn't differentiate between the assimilated and the un-assimilated when carrying out the genocide.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

So, so many Thais are just clueless about history and perceptions beyond the borders of their little Thailand universe.

It gets worse (in my perception). My fiancée thinks she remembers from school, many years ago, that the Nazis helped Thailand in WWII. I am aware of Thai politics during WWII so I can see where that Thai teaching would come from. Perhaps, a bit of dancing with the devil ... In this case Japan in the Nazi alliance.

Hitler was a dog, no doubt about that. Nothing was ever funny or fashionable about his sadistic methods. As for Che, although an enemy to capitalism, he had a certain aura to him that might seem fashionable to some people (not to me!)

This statement shows how the Thais' idolization of Hilter is just the same as the western world's acceptance of Che Guevera. Che was an ardent admirer of Satlin and fully supported his mass murders and genocide. Che establish "work camps" modeled after Hitler's concentration camps where he sent people who could not be prosecuted under a completely corrupt legal system that required no evidence to make a conviction. His whole history has been fabricated, including his medical degree, over the years to make him become a cultural icon to people who never stop to learn the truth.

Movies like "The Motorcyle Diaries" left out incredible amounts of factual detail as that would have made a movie which would not be a commercial success. Just reading Che's actual diaries and his diaries prior to that trip through Latin America and during his time in Cuba and you will find a man who subjected women, was ready to use nuclear weapons without remorse and killed innocent women and children by the hundreds.

Yet everywhere in the US you see Che t-shirts, posters, movies...

This fadish interest in Hilter here in Thailand is no different. Just a matter of ignorance to what the man really was.

I just don't get it. Do Thai's not know he was a very extreme white supremest. He would not think of Thai's a human.

Not sure that is true. He seemed to get along with their friends the Japanese.

The Japanese were Japanese racial supremacists. They felt they were superior and more pure than other Asian ethnicities. Obviously, there was a practical alliance of like fascist minds at the time.

• Like 1

responsible for the deaths of 12 million people during the Holocaust

last time I heard they were trying to convince us it was 6 million

Oy vey, not this again. The holocaust and the war are related but not the same thing. The holocaust does not include only Jews. The Nazis singled out some other groups for the same kind of organized mass killing.

6 million Jews

5 million non-Jews singled out for extermination in similar way to the Jews.

Totals 11 million and change.

Beyond that MANY MORE MILLIONS than that killed in the war in normal war ways.

Dead is dead but industrialized genocide is an especially bad kind of EVIL.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Oy vey, not this again. The holocaust and the war are related but not the same thing. The holocaust does not include only Jews. The Nazis singled out some other groups for the same kind of organized mass killing.

6 million Jews

More like 50 million died from war created reasons.

6 million Jews

More like 50 million died from war created reasons.

Correct, wiki estimates 50 - 80 TOTAL dead from everything in that war, including the holocaust millions.

On the holocaust numbers, there is recent research indicating the total (Jews and non-Jews) is actually much higher than 11 million, maybe even double that.

Edited by Jingthing

Actually no one was murdered.

They were all sent to the mythical continent of Atlantis, where they all lived happily ever after.

• Like 1

Did I miss something????

Always thought the number was SIX MILLION. The story claims 12-Million. Now, the line in the story talks of the silly old fool being responsible for the "deaths of 12 million people." Are we now sort of lumping all the dead together with the Jewish peole or what?

One other point, how many Jewish firms get a cut out of the sale of the Teddy Bears, the helmets and other materials used in the production of the goods that are being flogged. These goods afterall, hold old Adolf up as a bad joke. Get over it....he did!

Did I miss something????

Yes, you missed the recent posts answering all your questions about WW2 dead and its relation to holocaust dead number estimates, Jewish and non-Jewish.

But just for you, here's a summary:

Total WW 2 war dead - 50 to 80 million

Total holocaust (organized mass extermination / death camps / genocide based on race/ethnicity/sexual orientation/disablity, etc.) - 6 million Jews, 5 million non-Jews

Those 11 million holocaust related included in the 50 - 80 million TOTAL estimates.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Do not just have a go at Thais please. There is a very active Hitle cult movement in India especially on the use of the Swastika which is a Hindu symbol. Westerners will of course think that this is all in very bad taste but we understand the historical background.

But here is a funny story to lift the mood a bit.

Adolf Hitler runs for public office (in India)

This 54-year-old father of three has won three elections to the state assembly with little controversy over being named after the Nazi dictator.

His father had worked with the British army, but apparently developed enough of a fascination with Great Britain's archenemy to name his son Adolf Hitler — though he also gave him the middle name Lu, Hitler said.

"I am aware at one point of time Adolf Hitler was the most hated person on Earth for the genocide of the Jews. But my father added 'Lu' in between, naming me Adolf Lu Hitler, and that's why I am different," Hitler told The Associated Press from the small village of Mansingre, 125 miles west of Gauhati, the capital of the nearby state of Assam.

Hitler said his name has not stopped him from traveling the world, including to the United States and Germany.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/02/22/hitler-india/1939587/

Edited by krismagi

Adolf Hitler runs for public office (in India)

This 54-year-old father of three has won three elections to the state assembly with little controversy over being named after the Nazi dictator.

His father had worked with the British army, but apparently developed enough of a fascination with Great Britain's archenemy to name his son Adolf Hitler — though he also gave him the middle name Lu, Hitler said.

"I am aware at one point of time Adolf Hitler was the most hated person on Earth for the genocide of the Jews. But my father added 'Lu' in between, naming me Adolf Lu Hitler, and that's why I am different," Hitler told The Associated Press from the small village of Mansingre, 125 miles west of Gauhati, the capital of the nearby state of Assam.

Hitler said his name has not stopped him from traveling the world, including to the United States and Germany.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/02/22/hitler-india/1939587/

He should move to Thailand for the business opportunities his name affords in the hub of Hitler mania.

Wonder how many people in the us know that Henry Ford was a big financial sponsor of the nazi party during it's rise to power before the war and the catholic church helped nazi war criminals escape to South-Amerika after the war .

And then there was Werner van Braun who helped a lot with the space program during the fifty's and Sixty's in the US.

Edited by Kudel

Wonder how many people in the us know that Henry Ford was a big financial sponsor of the nazi party during it's rise to power befor the war and the catholic churhc helped nazi war criminals escape to South-Amerika after the war .

That's true but driving a Ford motor car today isn't any more of an endorsement of Nazism than driving a VW.

Let this be a lesson to the world, about the true mentality and the lack of respect many Thais have for foreigners, countries and cultures. However, this is an excellent opportunity for business investment as one can see, simple minds can easily be manipulated.

If any one knows any thing at all about The Thai education system they will realize it has nothing to do with the Thai mentality,
That is just out and out Thai bashing.
It is more to do with their education system.
How much knowledge did you have of the Thai's role in WW2 in your foreign education.
In mine American I had none.

Thailand welcomed Japanese troops into their country and allowed them to run pow camps in kanchanaburi. Then, they later sided with the Americans to stop the spread of communism. They join the money, wherever that comes from

You are partially correct, I know that now but I did not learn of it in my 64 years in North America. It was not an Item it was always the Japanese against the Americans. A friend of mine grew up in Canada and he was telling me that all his knowledge in school was the same as mine as they were using American history books.

When I said partially correct I was referring to the POW camps. For the building of the railroad to Burma the camps were run by Koreans and on completion turned over to the Japanese.
There is a plaque in one of the cemeteries there telling about this it also said the living conditions improved when the rail road was done and /the Japanese took over the POW camps.

Ever talked with any WW2 veterans who were prisoners of the Japanese? I have known many. Koreans were used as the guards and low ranks. The Japanese officers and NCO's treated the Koreans with contempt and of course the Koreans took it out on the prisoners. The Japanese committed wicked viscious attrocities against the Chinese people, the peoples of all the nations they invaded and Prisoners of War. This was as deliberate, well planned and systematic as the horrors perputrated by their Nazi allies.

The comment that "living conditions improved when the Japanese took over is nonsense and simply untrue. Japan did not delegate responsibility or authority to Korea. Sounds like an example of a Thai "white lie" to please their Japanese friends who just happen to be the biggest investor in Thailand.

What is sad is that the justice meted out to the Nazis was not replicated to their Japanese counterparts, due to American foreign policy and scheming. Go figure that one.

Right or wrong, it is a bit of an oversimplification - especially without any context - to call it "American foreign policy and scheming", don't you think? The Cold War was a bit more complex and multi-faceted as were the motives - not all of them unworthy, by any means - of the US and her allies.

And there's ample room to argue that the Allies didn't go after the Japanese as hard but they executed over 900 for war crimes - so it's not as if they ignored their wrongdoing... Edited by angiud
fixed quotes

So, so many Thais are just clueless about history and perceptions beyond the borders of their little Thailand universe.

That might excuse the first instance, but the repeated adverse reaction and explanations to the gov and people of Thailand have gone ignored. That is worse than unexcusable.

It's written by a Jew also. you can easily download the book in a minute.

So it's more special because a Jew wrote it? Interesting. Do people imagine Jews are a big blob of sameness or something?

I think the reason why he mentions that the author is Jewish is because it prevents the 'Anti-Semitic' card being played in order to discredit him.

Of course the 'self hating Jew' card can still be played but it's not nearly as effective.

• Like 1

Wonder how many people in the us know that Henry Ford was a big financial sponsor of the nazi party during it's rise to power before the war and the catholic church helped nazi war criminals escape to South-Amerika after the war .

And then there was Werner van Braun who helped a lot with the space program during the fifty's and Sixty's in the US.

Many wealthy and upper class hi-so Westerners supported Hitler and the Nazis in the early years. The "justification" was usually that they believed he was a strong counter to the rise of bolshevism which as the proletariat they feared. They conveniently turned a blind eye to the growing attrocities, preferring to see the "big picture".

It's written by a Jew also. you can easily download the book in a minute.

So it's more special because a Jew wrote it? Interesting. Do people imagine Jews are a big blob of sameness or something?

I think the reason why he mentions that the author is Jewish is because it prevents the 'Anti-Semitic' card being played in order to discredit him.

Of course the 'self hating Jew' card can still be played but it's not nearly as effective.

Fair enough.

Finkelstein may be controversial but one thing he is not is a holocaust DENIER. He has been very clear he has NOTHING to do with that.

Actual holocaust deniers try to use Finkelstein to support their dark agenda, but they are barking up the wrong tree. Finkelstein's issue is with how the holocaust WHICH DID HAPPEN has been used POLITICALLY.

Edited by Jingthing

Let this be a lesson to the world, about the true mentality and the lack of respect many Thais have for foreigners, countries and cultures. However, this is an excellent opportunity for business investment as one can see, simple minds can easily be manipulated.

If any one knows any thing at all about The Thai education system they will realize it has nothing to do with the Thai mentality,

That is just out and out Thai bashing.

It is more to do with their education system.

How much knowledge did you have of the Thai's role in WW2 in your foreign education.

In mine American I had none.

Thailand welcomed Japanese troops into their country and allowed them to run pow camps in kanchanaburi. Then, they later sided with the Americans to stop the spread of communism. They join the money, wherever that comes from

You are partially correct, I know that now but I did not learn of it in my 64 years in North America. It was not an Item it was always the Japanese against the Americans. A friend of mine grew up in Canada and he was telling me that all his knowledge in school was the same as mine as they were using American history books.

When I said partially correct I was referring to the POW camps. For the building of the railroad to Burma the camps were run by Koreans and on completion turned over to the Japanese.

There is a plaque in one of the cemeteries there telling about this it also said the living conditions improved when the rail road was done and /the Japanese took over the POW camps.

Ever talked with any WW2 veterans who were prisoners of the Japanese? I have known many. Koreans were used as the guards and low ranks. The Japanese officers and NCO's treated the Koreans with contempt and of course the Koreans took it out on the prisoners. The Japanese committed wicked viscious attrocities against the Chinese people, the peoples of all the nations they invaded and Prisoners of War. This was as deliberate, well planned and systematic as the horrors perputrated by their Nazi allies.

The comment that "living conditions improved when the Japanese took over is nonsense and simply untrue. Japan did not delegate responsibility or authority to Korea. Sounds like an example of a Thai "white lie" to please their Japanese friends who just happen to be the biggest investor in Thailand.

What is sad is that the justice meted out to the Nazis was not replicated to their Japanese counterparts, due to American foreign policy and scheming. Go figure that one.

Right or wrong, it is a bit of an oversimplification - especially without any context - to call it "American foreign policy and scheming", don't you think? The Cold War was a bit more complex and multi-faceted as were the motives - not all of them unworthy, by any means - of the US and her allies.

And there's ample room to argue that the Allies didn't go after the Japanese as hard but they executed over 900 for war crimes - so it's not as if they ignored their wrongdoing...

I'm not an American basher, never have been and have many American friends Joe. But, quite a lot of new information on that period has been and is being released. Do some research on the American / Allies discussions regarding Japan, MacArthur's machinations including his relationship with government, the missing billions of treasures looted by the Japanese. In particular contrast the fate and post war positions of many senior Japanese war government leaders with their Nazi counterparts.

It's an over simplification to say the threat of the spread of communism was the only driver. America overruled the Allies in many instances and some of the many reasons are coming to light. Much of the new work coming out is by American scholars. Japan's elite got off light - very light in the context of their cirmes.

How very sad this whole episode it . . .

Don't Thai people realise that by embracing this 'fashion' they are merely making themselves look like complete fools, who know nothing of the World outside their own borders.

Many have commented on the failings of the Thai education system, and I have seen it first hand, being married to a Thai. This justs proves it to the World . . .

• Like 1

I just don't get it. Do Thai's not know he was a very extreme white supremest. He would not think of Thai's a human.

Wasn't that simple. Don't forget that the Nazis were loosely allied with the Japanese during WWII and that there were Indians fighting alongside the Nazis in the form of the Indische Legion (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indische_Legion and http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3684288.stm). They were also actively allied with the Hungarians, who claim Asian roots, yet oppressed the more clearly European Slavic peoples.

Edited by Docno

Don't Thai people realise that by embracing this 'fashion' they are merely making themselves look like complete fools, who know nothing of the World outside their own borders.

Many have commented on the failings of the Thai education system, and I have seen it first hand, being married to a Thai. This justs proves it to the World . . .

It can only be addressed at the educational level and the will for that is clearly lacking.

Agreed. In Thailand, we foreigners are expected to respect things that are sensitive to Thais....such as the Monarchy, Temples, dress codes and behavior. When it comes to marriage, we dump tons of money on the family of the bride for the honor. In return we should expect similar courtesies/respect for issues that are sensitive to us. Hitler was a dog, no doubt about that. Nothing was ever funny or fashionable about his sadistic methods. As for Che, although an enemy to capitalism, he had a certain aura to him that might seem fashionable to some people (not to me!) But please stop with the Hitler/Nazi Fad.

As an aside, only a complete mug would dump tons of money on the family of the bride.

Back to the main issue, if Hitler had got to this part of the world (taking the Japanese out of the equation for the moment), there's no way Thais would have been spared from the flame. He would have spent one day in Thailand and it would have been "get into ze oven!" for everyone.

• Like 2

Wasn't that simple. Don't forget that the Nazis were loosely allied with the Japanese during WWII and that there were Indians fighting alongside the Nazis in the form of the Indische Legion (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indische_Legion and http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3684288.stm).

Many Indians are ARYANS.