Defrocked monk Wiraphol’s wife set to demand child support worth 40 mil baht

webfact

Nen Kham's wife set to demand child support worth 40 mill baht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always heard that the reason for the proud thaimen NOT to take care of their off-spring is because there is nothing

in the thai-law that stipulates "Child support" whatsoever.... So the proud thaimen are protected by mother, father,

grandmother and grandfather from the evil thai lady that has been knocked up by these very proud men, who are very eager

not to lose face... hahahaha!!!

So how come they are talking about child support here in this case, maybe there is a law after all, but that one is only valid if

you are rich....who knows.

Glegolo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always heard that the reason for the proud thaimen NOT to take care of their off-spring is because there is nothing

in the thai-law that stipulates "Child support" whatsoever.... So the proud thaimen are protected by mother, father,

grandmother and grandfather from the evil thai lady that has been knocked up by these very proud men, who are very eager

So how come they are talking about child support here in this case, maybe there is a law after all, but that one is only valid if

Glegolo

Thai law knows child support, the law is crystal claer on that. Often it is an enforcement problem, as many people don't have an official job/income.

In certain cases there is even a right to alimony, but that is off topic.

The pimp the you girl to a peado monl

Now want 40 million

Pure greed

Absolutely digusting

Should all be shackled and jailed

Exactly,. Why hasn't the 'grandmother' been arrested for aiding and abetting a peodaphile? Oh silly me! I forgot this is Thailand!

Didn't you read the early reports, Grandma wasn't pimping, she allowed the child to go with the "monk" because he was looking after her - used to arrive back home in the early hours of the morning - no questions asked of course - all above board - an honest true and caring "monk" looking after the poor children of this world - sounds a bit like a pop-start idol who kicked off a few years back initials of MJ.

Isn't it good to see so many caring people around the world putting the children's welfare before their own.

Glegolo

Thai law knows child support, the law is crystal claer on that. Often it is an enforcement problem, as many people don't have an official job/income.

In certain cases there is even a right to alimony, but that is off topic.

Interesting you say that. I have heard completely the opposit, that is why the family always protect the thaimen so they easily can start new families and breed new kids.

If you have any referencies to this law you are talking about it would be great and I can tell these people (thai people) that they are wrong... and it wouldn´t be the first time eityher....

Glegolo

I can't see much difference between this monk and Taksin. They have both amassed a fortune in ill-gotten wealth, mostly at the public's expense. I say to her: "go for it". At least it will keep some of his money in Thailand, and not in the govt's treasury for the elite to graft away to nothing. I also think she should go for 400 mil - as in an earlier post..........

Now want 40 million

Pure greed

Absolutely digusting

Exactly,. Why hasn't the 'grandmother' been arrested for aiding and abetting a peodaphile? Oh silly me! I forgot this is Thailand!

Didn't you read the early reports, Grandma wasn't pimping, she allowed the child to go with the "monk" because he was looking after her - used to arrive back home in the early hours of the morning - no questions asked of course - all above board - an honest true and caring "monk" looking after the poor children of this world - sounds a bit like a pop-start idol who kicked off a few years back initials of MJ.

Isn't it good to see so many caring people around the world putting the children's welfare before their own.

Yeh! and then there was Englands poor ole Garry Glitter, who was just looking after the Cambodian kids. This world is full of caring people.

I'm guessing the chance of collecting any child support from this defrocked monk is somewhere between 0% and 0.1%, with the 0.1% chance occurring when all the planets are lined up.

Child support is recognised in Thailand and there are international treaties regarding child support, making it enforcable in almost any country in the world.

Ok, based on that new info and based on this particular case of crook on the run where the govt wants to confiscate every stang in assets he has, I'll adjust the changes to somewhere between 0% and 0.2%, with the 0.2% chance occurring when all the planets are lined up.

Now want 40 million

Pure greed

Absolutely digusting

Yeh! and then there was Englands poor ole Garry Glitter, who was just looking after the Cambodian kids. This world is full of caring people.

and poor old Nevile Savile - mustn't forget his contribution to the caring of kids.

'The amount of alimony payment is based on the income of the defendant'

Before or after tax?

That's what makes her claim so ridiculous.

The vast fortune that he has amassed is not personal income, it is ill-gotten gains, so once the government manage to get their hands on it, he will have nothing. Mind you, I can't see it being handed back to all those who gave it to him in the first place...!

But what's she going to do then, ask the government for 40 Million?

Interesting you say that. I have heard completely the opposit, that is why the family always protect the thaimen so they easily can start new families and breed new kids.

If you have any referencies to this law you are talking about it would be great and I can tell these people (thai people) that they are wrong... and it wouldn´t be the first time eityher....

Glegolo

See section 1522 of book V of the Thai civil code

In English

http://www.thailawonline.com/images/thaicivilcode/book%205%20title%201-3%20thai%20civil%20and%20commercial%20code%20.pdf

In Thai

http://www.nukbunchee.com/law/law12/NBC_civilcode_ver2552.pdf

• Like 1

Prediction: Since Thai authorities chose not to freeze the monks accounts in time, she won't get any money from him, he withdrew everything already. The sale of his Thai assets will be just enough to cover back-taxes/fines and the usual wallet-padding of Thai authorities. Maybe, just maybe, she will get a mercedes to keep her quiet, but I don't think so really. In essence, dear monk's wife, you are too late and have been f....ed, again.

"He further elaborated that the amount requested is to take care of the child until he is 20 years old. The amount of alimony payment is based on the income of the defendant."

The disgusting smell of greed... Who really needs 40million for child support... thats ridiculous!

Glegolo

See section 1522 of book V of the Thai civil code

In English

http://www.thailawonline.com/images/thaicivilcode/book%205%20title%201-3%20thai%20civil%20and%20commercial%20code%20.pdf

In Thai

http://www.nukbunchee.com/law/law12/NBC_civilcode_ver2552.pdf

Thank you so much Mario2008, will tell these thaiguys who thinks they

know it all..

Glegolo

Hm, let's assume she gets those 40 million. Let's do some tabulations, shall we?...

Okay, 40 million

minus 50% for the lawyers for winning the case

minus 20 % for paying off mom's assorted debts (which of course she will claim she has accumulated, because she had to care for the child all those 11 years).

That leaves 15 million.

About 10 million of that will be spent on a house, a pick-up truck, a sedan, a motorcycle, gold jewellery, a state-of-the-art karaoke machine and a whole slew other necessities absolutely required to provide a suitable environment for the child.

Another 4 million in cash will be dispensed to various family member - including a generous stipend for oh so caring grandma - who are suddenly emerging from nowhere and claim that they've also had a helping hand in the child's upbringing.

The remaining million will be invested in various amulets, spent on underground lottery tickets and merit-making at Wiraphol's former monastery.

One day the by now 18-year-old child will return home from government school and confront mom with his wish to go to college. Mom will of course decline and say that there is no money for the college fees.

Upon which the child will rightfully ask: "What happened to those 40 million Baht?"

Mom's reply: "We spent it all on YOUR welfare, you ingrate!"

Edited by Misterwhisper
  • Like 1

so 40M is based on the defendants income....but it's looking more like those are ill-gotten gains and are set to be confiscated. Monks are not supposed to have an 'income'. Good luck in getting any child support in these circumstances....someone should tell her this is Issan and not Hollywood!

I wonder if she'll settle for a luxury car..... in kit form..... piece by piece for the next ten years?

I'm guessing the chance of collecting any child support from this defrocked monk is somewhere between 0% and 0.1%, with the 0.1% chance occurring when all the planets are lined up.

Child support is recognised in Thailand and there are international treaties regarding child support, making it enforcable in almost any country in the world.

So why are we all supporting Thai guys children? Oh because the lazy sods are making babies with other Thai girls or else they are too lazy to get out of the hammock and work.

So why are we all supporting Thai guys children? Oh because the lazy sods are making babies with other Thai girls or else they are too lazy to get out of the hammock and work.

Good luck with that! The millions of baht that was in his accounts is long gone and there is little chance anyone is going to get much of what remains. This whole story makes me think that some lawyer has been reading US news accounts of big payouts for this kind of thing and now believe they can get a similar payday here. Like I said- good luck with that!